Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
But DMD is more designed to be a fairy tale, not reality. In a fairy tale, everyone wants the princess. That’s why you have small birds landing on D for bits of cookie. It is a fairy tale. If it is not to your taste, then stop playing.

SL, on the other hand, is less of a fairy tale, and coupling will be more on line with Melody.
Definitely a valid point. However, the problem I have with it is that part of what made the story in DMD interesting was the tension that came from the risk of the relationship. In the earlier parts of the game, there was the constant risk of the F or D saying the wrong thing or showing the wrong kind of attention to each other and having someone figure out their secret. One wrong move or word, and the whole thing would come crashing down. However, after they have given it away to virtually every character in the game (some accidental, some not) and not a single person has had a negative reaction to it (quite the opposite, actually) it has completely lost those stakes... that excitement. Now it just seems like any other vanilla love story with the MC having sex scenes with the same LI over and over and over with the occasional 3rd party joining in.

I still play, and will continue to play, because I have, for the most part, enjoyed MrDots's work and want to see how the story ends (it's like how many of us stuck around to see the end of GoT, even though the last couple seasons were disappointing). That's the same reason I'm excited to see where SL goes, even if it hasn't quite grabbed me so far like Melody and DMD did. I still expect great things from SL and am really excited for today's update.

Reactions: Somnus and MrMax
3.50 star(s) 270 Votes