• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Progress update:

Good afternoon. I've been fighting this VN all morning. While porting the latest Core over I kept stumbling on code that just didn't seem correct... even with a slight hangover. Seems I borked the iPatch in the last couple of mod updates. I know I used the in-game "Tablet" to check the toggle via the MC's or Sister's bio info and they always changed... so I assumed all was good to go, but it wasn't. Bits of my previous code were blocking the actual in-game dialogue changes that were supposed to be occurring with the iPatch engaged. My bad, but it's now sorted.

While sorting that fiasco out I decided to implement a new subtle feature I just released in new "LustyVerse" mod... an audio cue for hidden items. I already gave the Player the option of the Doughnut Notifier visually (which is toggled On/Off in correlation with the ChoiceGuide) but now have implemented this audio cue. It's subtle and non-obtrusive (It's not a tornado warning siren but a soft "plop" type of sound). While getting cute with that I decided to push it further and push the Core code a bit more.

So, now the mod is 100% on it's own sound channel and can be adjusted independently of the VN's music and/or sound volumes. Here's a pic which will make all this make sense:
1679083619873.png
This method is now part of the mod's foundation and will carry forward to other VN updates in the future. This controls the sound I impose in the VN such as the mod's screens open/close transitions, the button press sounds, etc. This way you have more control over your experience. I'm not sure why I haven't already done this as I generally find a VN's sound effects to be too loud but when I decrease them it also decreased the mod's audio cues which kinda sucked. That's all now resolved.

Anyway, I've done more stuff but this is getting to be a wall of text so I'll stop here and go back to fighting the porting process. I think this VN hates me...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Progress update:

Took all damn day to port this over (ugh) but I'm 100% v7b Core on the VN and fully tested:
1679095939528.png

I knocked out the new SanchoGallery scenes while I was at it:
1679095985735.png

Since that is done I believe all I have left is the update's ChoiceGuide (~43 new choices) to populate. Considering that hopefully (I really, really hope) that most of them are simple relp stat related only that I can probably go through those somewhat quickly. If that's the case then I can get this out tonight and be 5 VN updates/release in 5 days. If the dev throws me a curve ball with a ton of event stats then that might be out the window. We'll see soon enough, time for tonight's first adult beverage and to find my PA who's upstairs somewhere doing who knows what... then I'll be back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Close to the end of the update (I'm done with the ChoiceGuide except this), and I run across the dev going whack with the code. I'm fixing to take a break and grab a meal to let my brain de-fry.... this is the final dynamic ChoiceGuide series I'm sorting through (I'm telling ya, it's seriously whack). In this case Sis is named "Candy" so don't let that bother ya:
1679109837178.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: CircaAD

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Close to the end of the update (I'm done with the ChoiceGuide except this), and I run across the dev going whack with the code. I'm fixing to take a break and grab a meal to let my brain de-fry.... this is the final dynamic ChoiceGuide series I'm sorting through (I'm telling ya, it's seriously whack). In this case Sis is named "Candy" so don't let that bother ya:
Well that doesn't look complicated ...

• Haha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done grillin' and fixing to chow... but I'll likely put the "scores" as a temp stat in the MiniStat to clear the clutter. The choices in this "DatingGame" are more complex regarding Sis's points per choice... I'm still thinking the best way to make the many variances dynamic. I'll figure it out surely.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. A good "nap" usually resolve my brain-fry. Sometimes the best solution is to use what you know has worked well in the past and helps eliminate confusion in the end product. All the below are only activated if the ChoiceGuide is enabled. If it is disabled (toggled Off) then it looks just like the vanilla VN. Compare this with the last night's congested example:
1679152035918.png
With that rocket science foundation done I'll finish sorting the math for the overall scene, start cleaning up the code and will have this mod update out today. I was hoping to push the newest Core v7b out on a different VN but this one will have to do for now. All the new small quality of life features will slowly be folded in to all the other SanchoMod products over time when new VN updates drop or time allows for a "maintenance update" for each product.

I'm more excited over the new volume control feature which is kind of lame considering I should have done this a year ago. Whatever, we'll all have these little improvements now and in the future. Regards.

Edit: Refreshed teaser due to adding tiebreaker info in the instruction dialogue.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, again apologies for the delays (I know you're sick of me saying that by now). I'm as satisfied as necessary to push this public so give me ~30mins or so to cleanup the code, compile, and bench test the distribution file before I upload links in the OP. I'll be back with an update announcement post in a bit (crosses-fingers). Thanks again for your patience, sincerely.

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know... been more than ~30mins. I had to rip apart the patch file and mod it too... it took me a while to figure out why the heck this one particular choice wasn't being populated with the ChoiceStat. Almost drove me nuts finding the issue. I've never dicked with altering this VN's particular patch file and never noticed that with all the dialogue it contains... it has one menu choice in it and of course it's this one:
1679170945955.png

Needle in a haystack found... recompiling now...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Sancho's HotKeys:

Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.05)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative. Completely rewritten compared to previous mod versions. Includes a new pathing guide (preliminary) and updated stat screens reflecting them.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found in post here.
  • New feature - The mod now has it's own separate volume control. Details can be found in post here.
  • New feature - Improved DoughnutNotifier and PeepingTom alerts... both visual and via audio cue.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have v0.06 and will start working on it. I've already started updating UoP and I can't update both simultaneously. With that said thank you in advance for your patience as I work through the mass VN drops. There are going to be more drops tomorrow as well (one I know for certain but I've already finished it's update... I gave my word to the dev I'd keep it under wraps for now though).

I'll keep y'all posted in this thread since the mod hasn't been listed in the VN's OP for so long... I reckon there's little need for me to post info there.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Someone: "Hey Sancho, since you've knocked out two other VN today are you working on SL?"

Me: "No. I'm too busy fixing the damn bugs in v0.06 before I can even start!"

Oh boy...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Initial porting of code to v0.06 and populating SanchoGallery done. On to the ChoiceGuide after an adult beverage refill... then I still need to whip up a meal before it gets too late.

There's five new lewds. Here's the teasers of the porting done and SanchoGallery populated with the new scenes:
1682901359458.png 1682901436729.png

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Someone: "Hey Sancho, since you've knocked out two other VN today are you working on SL?"

Me: "No. I'm too busy fixing the damn bugs in v0.06 before I can even start!"

Oh boy...
Hey, it's not like there are 1,000 other games to play...

I'm just bored the Braves games got rained out 2 days straight, now a double header tomorrow starting at 1:30PM ugh.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Current tally:

Porting: Done
SanchoGallery: Done
ChoiceGuide code: Done
Testing: Pending

it's 21:30 here now so I'm going to fix something to eat (I've been 14+hrs with no meal). When done I'll test and if everything looks sound I'll push it out. If I can do all that before it gets too late then I'll be 3 VN updates in 1 day! Not too shabby for a redneck, ain't it?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Current tally:

Porting: Done
SanchoGallery: Done
ChoiceGuide code: Done
Testing: Pending

it's 21:30 here now so I'm going to fix something to eat (I've been 14+hrs with no meal). When done I'll test and if everything looks sound I'll push it out. If I can do all that before it gets too late then I'll be 3 VN updates in 1 day! Not too shabby for a redneck, ain't it?
So, watcha gonna to do if Chasing Sunsets magically hits it deadline by mid-end of April ;)

Still has 1.5 hours technically :devilish:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, watcha gonna to do if Chasing Sunsets magically hits it deadline by mid-end of April ;)

Still has 1.5 hours technically :devilish:
Haha... I updated that sucker to Core v7b about 2 weeks ago... I'm ready for it. SL I wasn't... I forgot to update the damn thing proper before the VN updated so this one caught me with my pants down

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Haha... I updated that sucker to Core v7b about 2 weeks ago... I'm ready for it. SL I wasn't... I forgot to update the damn thing proper before the VN updated so this one caught me with my pants down
Ha, great I guess I won't have to wait for it when it drops then. Didn't see anything on Steam yet, as I'll have the Steam version, don't what the difference will be if any between the versions, guessing you'd know.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes