Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
SanchoGallery populated:
View attachment 2885471

I started the ChoiceGuide but then realized I need to go back and insure your imported alt-character names populate into the gallery scenes. They do NOT in the unmodded VN (I thought they did before but they don't) so I sort that. I've notified the dev team with this and a few other minor bugs... I've nothing serious yet but won't really know until I fully populate the ChoiceGuide.
I loath playing under an alias. I am the MC and the ladies are my LI's
The naughty gals's names must ring true to their nature.

You are a gentleman, you are!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I loath playing under an alias. I am the MC and the ladies are my LI's
The naughty gals's names must ring true to their nature.

You are a gentleman, you are!
I'm actually fixing to write up a PM for the dev team on this. I had to revise the "import" button feature so that I could bring it all together correctly. It's apparently been borked from the very beginning of imports starting in Chapter 2. I've now sorted it all correctly.

For those curious WTF we're getting at here... take this example:

You install Ch3 for the very first time (you've never played it before and therefore have no persistent file(s) on your system anywhere). In either the VN's scene gallery or SanchoGallery you'd always get the default LI names for Sis/Cuz/Kristine (those 3 specifically). An easy way to demonstrate this is via SanchoGallery's scene filters which pickup on these specific persistent naming conventions. This is after a fresh install on a clean laptop PRIOR to the new "Import" fix:
1693242738689.png
Again, this is in the VN's gallery and SanchoGallery (they use the same persistent file of course).

The only way to have the names recognized prior to my import fix was to go into either the Tablet or SanchoCheats and act like you wanted to rename each of the three characters (you don't have to actually change them, just go through the motions). This now sets the persistent files variables for those three alt-character names.... meaning you're now good to go. BUT, this is confusing and non-intuitive... it SHOULD be done via the "Import" process.

I've done just that. The following is AFTER a fresh install on a clean testing laptop and importing my save (same process I did in the previous pic but this time with SanchoMod's Import Fix):
1693243345116.png
Note that in my import "Sis" is "Candy" and "Shortcake" is "Chloe". I apparently didn't fuck with Kristine's name.

The fix is easy for the VN's scene gallery. I had to code some extra for SanchoGallery due to the filter database requiring updates after imports, etc but it's done regardless.

I know it's a bit confusing but just know the above is a massive quality of life feature that (hopefully) you won't even notice since it should be this way from the get-go... it should have never been an issue.

Regards.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Doughnut Notifier 2.0 done.... well, who cares about the doughnut in this pic :ROFLMAO:
1693248171673.png
Remember, the audio cue for the doughnut finder and peeping toms are directly correlated to the mod's audio slider:
1693248260570.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Whoa those horses.... I have an idea.... I'm going to code in a choice for you to decide whether or not to get the Svetlana scene during play. It'll be like a SanchoSplit (basically a cheat) as this option is only available for those players who are NOT on the Sis, Cuz, and Ashley paths (to get the scene you must not be on ANY of those paths at all).

Challenge accepted. It should only take me a few minutes to sort out... bear with me.

• Love
Reactions: RG80100

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch3 v0.01 Extras)
SL SM R03a1.jpg SL SM R03a2.jpg SL SM R03a3.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

BestSumy I'll take "awesome" but shooting for "goat" :ROFLMAO: :p

Y'all guinea pig it while I make a post for the VN...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've just seen your mod is finally part of the OP of SL. I like this a lot! :)
:ROFLMAO: Take a screenshot... it never lasts long there. It'll get bumped out sooner or later just like a few other VN's (I'm looking at you BaDIK, etc) where I was in then all of a sudden bumped for someone else's mod. Happens all the time, the life of a blacksheep that fights for site members doesn't make me popular with a few moderators tbh... especially since a few of them are buddies with a certain other modder. But that's all a story for another day

Snowwolf258

Apr 19, 2023
error during the wedding in chapter 1 week 2...please help if possible.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (02_week2_02.rpy, line 7631)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/02_week2_02.rpyc", line 7630, in script
    �����ź�'P:�*n8bY|\<���FxS�ܳ���7�5@#�4J��Ba����k��^�JC�n��zg����U�܎�� ���hf6��c��N�ܸ�ja��7��jA-Pک�Z�66�BЬ&J�;�r��*�X]%��*�h4
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1673, in execute
    item_arguments.append(self.item_arguments[i].evaluate())
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 189, in evaluate
    kwargs[k] = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Sunshine Love CH1 1.00
Sun Oct  1 17:42:59 2023

Hollow192

Oct 18, 2019
The mod is for SunshineLoveCH3-0.01 but THE ONLY version that can be found and downloaded is SunshineLoveCH3-0.01i-pcExtras, if i try install the mod anyway it will said "Sanchomod: Sanchomod is NOT installed correctly, proceeding to exit...". If I choose any option in the game (New game, Load, etc.) game will freezed and have to end process via task manager
Pls update it.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
:ROFLMAO: Take a screenshot... it never lasts long there. It'll get bumped out sooner or later just like a few other VN's (I'm looking at you BaDIK, etc) where I was in then all of a sudden bumped for someone else's mod. Happens all the time, the life of a blacksheep that fights for site members doesn't make me popular with a few moderators tbh... especially since a few of them are buddies with a certain other modder. But that's all a story for another day
Yep... which is why I "watch" as many of the Sancho mod topics I can (only for the games I like playing of course... ;) ).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Honestly, I thought it'd have been reverted back to the other mod by now... color me surprised. Maybe it's because the dev team now has me on board to test the VN updates pre-release to assist in bug isolation... maybe. A couple updates ago the dev team and I kinda got on the same page and sincere trust began to formulate. /shrugs shoulders

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The mod is for SunshineLoveCH3-0.01 but THE ONLY version that can be found and downloaded is SunshineLoveCH3-0.01i-pcExtras, if i try install the mod anyway it will said "Sanchomod: Sanchomod is NOT installed correctly, proceeding to exit...". If I choose any option in the game (New game, Load, etc.) game will freezed and have to end process via task manager
Pls update it.
The mod works fine... the problem is on your end. You likely got cute and decompiled the VN. The mod is designed to keep all Players on the same page to ease technical support (there's only 24hrs in a day and I don't have a support team, this is a non-profit effort on my part). If you muck around with utilities and hackery then please don't blame me for fucking things up... I can't control the silly shit folks do on there own. Here's the only supported process:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
error during the wedding in chapter 1 week 2...please help if possible.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    �����ź�'P:�*n8bY|\<���FxS�ܳ���7�5@#�4J��Ba����k��^�JC�n��zg����U�܎�� ���hf6��c��N�ܸ�ja��7��jA-Pک�Z�66�BЬ&J�;�r��*�X]%��*�h4
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1673, in execute
    item_arguments.append(self.item_arguments[i].evaluate())
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 189, in evaluate
    kwargs[k] = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Sunshine Love CH1 1.00
Sun Oct  1 17:42:59 2023
First please insure you installed the proper version of the mod for Ch1 (use only SanchoMod for Ch1 of course). Otherwise line 7630 is a dev code line being exactly "show sc w2eowhall h57" which is simply an image, then it's followed by a menu choice being:
1696606798445.png

It took me a bit to figure out how to get to here... apparently you have to not have sex with Vicky on the date, accepted the Wk2 Twins Proposal, and be on Lily's path... but I found where you are.

I find zero issue though. What is not making any sense is your report has this garbage encrypted text in the error:
Code:
Full traceback:
That leads me to requiring additional info from you as this is not normal. What have you done to the base VN scripts?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes