Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think the gf says something about "taking a break"'. Maybe not in British or Australian English, but in American usage, this phrase implies breaking up with a possibility of future reconciliation.
Depends on context.

If they had been talking about separating or splitting up then sure, here she was only talking about him getting away and clearing his head.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Depends on context.

If they had been talking about separating or splitting up then sure, here she was only talking about him getting away and clearing his head.
I'm a native speaker, Ava. I'm telling you how that phrase sounds to American ears. It's pretty clearly not what was intended by the writer, but you can't give someone a hard time for being confused by it.

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
Whoa that was good chunk of contents. Pretty interesting. Kinda bummer we'd have to cheat the girlfriend (kinda right?). Wonder why dad and Ashley broke up. I need to know! and ughh of course the douche lucas in the game.

Pretty good, so when is the next episode? lol can't wait.

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
No idea where you got that from, they never said they were breaking up nor did they hint at it.

All that's said was it might be good for him to get away and clear his head then refocus on things when he gets back.

They haven't broken up, not even temporarily, still well and truly a couple. I've no doubt you probably will be able to break up with her at some point but they are still together right now.

She only agree'd to let him go on the assumption he'd be making money. He lost his job and they have a mortgage.
I believe at one point it was stated by her that maybe they should take a break. I know it wasn't a full on breakup but even the MC remarks that he thought it was weird his girlfriend said they will find what they truly want after he finishes the hotel stuff. I recognize that there never was a breakup but I think it was implied they weren't in a perfect long-distance relationship and nothing between them changed. There may be some reflection in the future between the two characters to determine if they actually want to be together. It sounded to me that the relationship may have a different dynamic than it was prior to the move.

In the popular show, 'Friends' two characters "take a break" from their relationship and one "cheats" on the other. They claim they were on a break so it didn't count. My point being is that I remember something similar being said in the game and I think it is at least somewhat understandable to see where I am coming from even if I am completely incorrect in my assumptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandofVecna

Jay4201

Dec 22, 2019
So far pretty good story. And that cliff hanger got me wanting to punch dude in the face!

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Forced Girlfriend plots are never a good idea. But Dots has always been one about cheating in his games.

Also the main female in the game is not the main love interest of the MC (at the moment). In fact he seems to be a rather normal and well adjusted person who is not trying to bang his sister.

But this place may as well be called Temptation Island. Sexy Latinas, Short Cute Gingers (Avaron1974 ), Honest to God Twin Blondes (Who I suspect of having an incest relationship, the meaning behind those necklaces), a smoking hot former step mom and her sister, and the teen asian girl (again). Not to mention whoever we still have yet to meet because the Character Profiles aren't filed yet. My guess is some hot guest that will stay at the hotel.

I like the connection with the previous games, he's always been big on shared universe. Especially Nicole being Georgina's sister. I also think that choice with Georgina will become important later.

The Donuts are annoying, the Peeping Tom feature is nice.

But this game has a bad feeling for me already with how the update ended (seriously, how'd he get out of jail already?), and the foreshadowing of Nicole and your Dad getting too close.

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Forced Girlfriend plots are never a good idea. But Dots has always been one about cheating in his games.

Also the main female in the game is not the main love interest of the MC (at the moment). In fact he seems to be a rather normal and well adjusted person who is not trying to bang his sister.

But this place may as well be called Temptation Island. Sexy Latinas, Short Cute Gingers (Avaron1974 ), Honest to God Twin Blondes (Who I suspect of having an incest relationship, the meaning behind those necklaces), a smoking hot former step mom and her sister, and the teen asian girl (again). Not to mention whoever we still have yet to meet because the Character Profiles aren't filed yet. My guess is some hot guest that will stay at the hotel.

I like the connection with the previous games, he's always been big on shared universe. Especially Nicole being Georgina's sister. I also think that choice with Georgina will become important later.

But this game has a bad feeling for me already with how the update ended (seriously, how'd he get out of jail already?), and the foreshadowing of Nicole and your Dad getting too close.
You DON'T want to bang your SISTER? Come on dude, what the hell is wrong with you??

Regarding Nicole, NTR was said to NOT going to be happening here, so you'd have to break up with her first or... share her with your dad (lol, that be a first. a weird one) if that is ever happening

Reactions: Blayo and arms99

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I've only played a little of the game so far. But after arriving at the hotel and meeting half sister/childhood friend, my only thought was Nicole who?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm talking about prior to the drama, DMD had an actual focus and direction or so it seemed. That all changed after the drama. Now it just feels like an ongoing TV show like Walking Dead that keeps churning out content as long as there is an audience, instead of finishing it already.
DMD is going along as it’s going, not to just keep it going, but because MDots and the crew want to finish the story the way they (we?) want to finish the story. In reality, if we were close to finishing DMD, it would be easier to do so and give full time to SL, because it is way more complicated imo.
A lot of content for a first release!
I read the reviews and i dont agree with some arguments made there.

Mc x Sister relationship
Someone said that they have a bipolar behavior and that got tiresome quickly, but they dont saw each other for almost a decade and already have their on estabilished lives, relationships and problems, its quite normal for me that they will not understand each other easily and is clear as water that the MC have supressed feelings for his sister, so they will behave like that, its normal and far from a negative point in my perspective... and only have a few days that he is there too.
IF this behavior lasts for the whole game or the most part of it, then i will agree.

MC x Girlfriend
Somente said that she is all over him one time, like pissed (i think) and etc, and in another opportunity she acts like he is the love of her life. Again, for me, this is normal for a couple that is going through some problems in their relationship, they are togheter for 5 years (so they like each other) and sometimes you just dont want the person next to you, you're angry and all..but you do care for the said person...so, its normal.
I think you got where we are going with this. I have three brothers; my wife has a brother and sister; and we both have different issues with each one off and on (Though no suppressed sexual feelings lol - wait, I have to ask my wife...). Part of the first part of the story will still involve some bro-Sis bickering.
As for Nicole, there is a bit of her expectations being dashed, and some level of overwork as attorneys causing stress in their relationship. Realistically, if MC got the associate position, they would either muddle thru life with sex becoming less and less frequent, or they would have come to a crises and either split up then or be forced to alter their relationship and outlooks.
I played without incest and with to check difference and the story is fit to both. In the non incest version you stay with the daughter of your dads ex in the incest version she's the MC's half sister.

Works with both so if incest isn't your thing the story still makes sense although the girlfriend seems a bit jealous if you go non incest. At least it seems that way to me.
i think with MC/Sis-friend we did a good incest/nonincest story split. And it creates the greater angst for Nicole in the non-incest path as you noted. I like that bit of drama: “You’re going away to live for 3 months with the daughter of your father’s ex-girlfriend? Wtf?”
MrDots being Croatian would line up with his periodically loose grasp of the English language and his strange interpretations of American customs.
No, MDots is not Croatian. Any periodic loose grasp of the English language is more due to the speed of putting out updates, as Hearsz who does 95% or more of the writing is a natural born Australian. That also is where you get some customs that differ from the U.S. - and he and I will tussle over them - most of the imo he wins, lol.

Lucas got out of jail because he never got much time to begin with - at least from an American criminal justice perspective. In the US for attempted rape with no other special circumstances? In California he would have rape and home burglary with the intent to commit rape: low term minimum would be 4 years 3 months. I think in DMD he pled for less than a year.

As for Nicole and Dad - at this point, that is one possible route the reader can send Nicole down. It is like in DMD, if you don’t take the Elena route she dates the farm boy.

Reactions: Blayo and trntwhm

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
You DON'T want to bang your SISTER? Come on dude, what the hell is wrong with you??

Regarding Nicole, NTR was said to NOT going to be happening here, so you'd have to break up with her first or... share her with your dad (lol, that be a first. a weird one) if that is ever happening
NTR no, but just like any other relationship, the distance can strain. Nicole herself wants a mature, successful partner for a relationship. Also the longer the MC stays there, the more likely he is to become attracted to the sister and the others, as well as the sunny atmosphere. Not to mention he'll get invested in the Hotel, and won't be as likely to want to return to the grind of the city.

This will come down to a choice at the end. Stay or Go. Nicole would not be happy living there, she wants her life as a lawyer. So even if you keep your relationship with her strong through the game, you won't get to stay with the Sister after. So you'll end up with "Find a new love on the Beach" or "Return to your current love and being a lawyer"

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Since this is just the beginning, I don't have enough info to writhe a proper review but from what i could gather:

- bad setup (A guy trying to have 'fun' and make up for his time lost studding [in his own words], while also putting his relationship an a "break"? not appealing, really... Also, they really had to lost contact for so long? Now he is in a open relationship kinda, and the sister is dating kinda, pretty unfavorable scenario for building a relationship, of course everything is gonna work out well for the MC at the end [still MrDots after all],, but being a Mr. Steal Yo Girl while still supposedly having other girl [without any choice in that matter] is REALLY not my thing).
- incest (pretty useless, the sister could easy be replaced by a "generic" childhood friend, cousin fits the same category, "being related" here is just an adicional flavor, not the main plate... And there just ONE half-sister? why a half sister? no mother? incest is pretty "useless" in this scenario).
- weak personalities (the characters are just... TOO BASIC, nice, but basic... I know its pretty unfair to judge by just 1 chapter but that was the impression I've had, probably hopefully some deep will be added in the future).
- weak personality (Again, this could change... but the MC will have to grow some balls urgently, for exemple, he isn't slightly pissed at Ashley for prohibited the contact with the sister... He is so bland and basic that we can classify as Ph 14)

Overhaul: Disappointed
If I had to give a ratting right now will be probably 2 of 5, maybe 3 cause I like the renders, but again this is just the beginning maybe it gets better

OBS: planing to adapt this into a proper review, unfair... probably, but since the possibility exist (and I think i didn't break any rule), so why not?
OBS2: I just hope my comment won't get removed... Again. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Well I didn't joke in this tread... Yet. :devilish:

Abhijeet Dutta

Nov 19, 2017
I am unable to open the game. Just after clicking the .exe, there is only white space and nothing. Surprisingly I can still here the background music.

3.50 star(s) 266 Votes