Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Wait, I can use 2 mods at the same time? Meaning SFC and this one? If so, then thats pretty nice and unexpected
It's not something that happen with all mods, but with mine I try to be as compatible as possible with the others. This said, there's still incompatibilities, alas.
Normally, it should be wrote on the first message of the mod's thread when there's incompatibilities.

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
From what I understand, two mods are typically compatible unless they both modify the same files. Smaller errors can occur that need to be fixed, but in broad terms they'll both work. Like this mod and Radioactive don't play nice together because I think both modify scripts.rpy, but the only problem with SFC is occasionally you run into issues like this mod not allowing you to have drunk Sophie because it forces solo Mom appearance. Which was fixed.

Though I suppose the mods being compatible also requires significant effort, just not as much as making this and Radioactive work together would take.

Last edited:

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
I get this error everytime i try to use my phone
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It started after the first confrontation with karma and terrorstrike (im guessing for demerits)
attached save file if you need it.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I get this error everytime i try to use my phone
It took me some time, but I found the cause... The investigation scene is broke and overwrite the variable for Chelsea :( I really hope that you have a save prior to the investigation, because it's not reversible.

Waiting that the bug is fixed, take care of the demerits, and the second time you're warned that Billy's have to change his behavior, open the console and write this :
Code:
investigation_in_progress = False
It should prevent the investigation scene to happen, and so also prevent the bug to break the game.

Reactions: nick148

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
It took me some time, but I found the cause... The investigation scene is broke and overwrite the variable for Chelsea :( I really hope that you have a save prior to the investigation, because it's not reversible.

Waiting that the bug is fixed, take care of the demerits, and the second time you're warned that Billy's have to change his behavior, open the console and write this :
Code:
investigation_in_progress = False
It should prevent the investigation scene to happen, and so also prevent the bug to break the game.
It shall be done!

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It shall be done!
Once I've finished with the scene tracking, I'll post an update of the mod that will include both a fix for this issue, and give the control over the demerits. Both should be enough to not be annoyed anymore by this bug.

But, well, it will not be tomorrow :( I didn't expected to have so many scenes to deal with. I already track more than 730, and obviously I have to test them all to be sure that it works correctly. I also intended to track all the none lewd scenes, to act as walkthrough for the quests, and for those that are addict to scenes collection, but this part will wait.

This said, the update will be big, with 15 entries in the changelog, without counting the bug fixes. And the scenes tracker itself look good, and no one should be puzzled by a scene, not knowing how to see it.
screenshot.jpg

Reactions: nick148

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
This mod doesn't need any improvement and you are still going at it.
Im impressed and a little envious of your dedication.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
This mod doesn't need any improvement and you are still going at it.
Once I started to mod a game, I add anything that I myself miss in the game :D And once I started working on the scene tracker, I wanted it more than anything else.
It's this game that lead me on F95Zone, two years ago, yet will working on this I discovered that I missed something like 1 out of 5 scenes. I imagine that many players are in the same case and will discover things. Especially since some scenes evolve with the time ; you think that you've seen one, when you've seen just half of it. This while other scenes have already evolved a lot when we finally discover them, and so all the previous content have been missed.
As for the other addition in the future updates, in fact most of them are related to this. Each time I found myself in the obligation to change a value to test a scene, I added the feature in the mod, because players will probably also want to change it.

Im impressed and a little envious of your dedication.
Perhaps that it's a little impressing, I can't judge this, but don't be envious, there's no need for this.
I'm 48 years old, the children have all left the house now, and I'm a widow (but not a sad one, just an alone one). I could collect stamps like many other of my age, but well, I wrote my first line of code when I was something like 14yo, and never stopped since. So, modding at least is useful for more than just me...
Anyway, I do not have the patience for a stamps collection :D

Reactions: nick148 and doomy7

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It took me a little more time than expected, but here come the update. And as promised, it include a lot of features :

• Added - A tracker for the sex scenes and there variations ;
    The scenes are grouped depending of the main character in them, and for each scenes the way to trigger it, as well as the requirements, are explained as much and clearly as possible. You'll also have a visual help showing you if you've already seen the scene, if the requirements are actually met, and if the scene is a sexual one or not. You'll be able to filter the already seen scenes out of the list, or not.
    Note that only the lewd scenes are take in count here, with the exception of few scenes that are mandatory steps to progress to the lewd scenes ; like by example the early steps of the fetish quests.
    It's available from the annex part of the modded phone, and only from there.
  • Added - Advanced cheat, mostly for scenes collectors ;
    Many scenes excluding each other, therefore you aren't expected to see them all in a single play. To facilitate your work and make the game more pleasurable, this mod now offer you the possibility to tweak the game state so you can see all the available content in a singe play ; this without the need to load a previous save.
  • Added - The possibility to load save files corrupted by the SFC mod even without the said mod installed ;
    The SFC mod corrupt the save files, which normally prevent you to use them if the said mod isn't installed. If you use my mod, you'll be able to load them while still being ride of the said SFC mod.
  • Added - Two buttons to directly reach an alignment of 50 or -50 ;
    You could already change the alignment, but even with its step of 10 units change, it needed many click before you can pass from one side of the spectrum to the other. Now you can do this with a single click. Enjoy being a vilain, then being a hero the second after.
  • Added - The possibility to order the phone's contact list ;
    While working on the scenes tracker, the thing that annoyed me the most was to search for the right girl in the contact list, in order to change her stats. Therefore I added this...
    You can change the place of each girl individually, and you also have the possibility to order them alphabetically with one click.
    Note that the alphabetical order put the mother as first contact, and the sister as second one. It seemed to me that it's a more realistic order than a pure alphabetical one ; the family coming before the friends.
    Also note that you can only do this from the modded phone, but the effect will also apply for the legacy one.
  • Added - The possibility to change the school policy from the "hidden stats" page ;
    Please, be nice and use it only if you need to revert the value in order to see a particular scene. It's a game, it should be enjoyed for its play, not just for its lewdness.
  • Added - The possibility to see the name of the girls you'll encounter in each classes ;
    It's not this difficult to remember that you'll see Chelsea in the Basketball/reflex class, but between two updates we all tend to forgot about this. Well, now we even don't need to remember it.
  • Added - The possibility to change the effect of the polymorphism injection ;
    You can have three injections only, while there's 10 possible polymorphism effects (counting the wellendowed perk). Missing a scene because you didn't made the right choice is easy ; or more precisely was easy before this cheat appeared.
    This can be done from the "Perks, Flaws and improvements" annex of the modded phone.
    Note that Billy need to have had the three injections before the values can be changed. Also note that, like for the perks and flaws, it do not change Billy's stats. This isn't a feature to transform him into a God, but to help you see all the scenes.
  • Added - If a girl is furious or terrified, you can now solve that directly from the modded phone ;
  • Added - Removed the annoying pause before the choice during the sex scenes ;
  • Added - You can now see the information related to demerits and change some of them ;
    Not only you can pass from vilain to hero in a single click, but you can also erase your past. Isn't this wonderful ?
  • Added - You are now notified each time a demerits is added to, or removed from, Billy's record ;
  • Added - You can now directly define which girl is present, both in the kitchen and the school hall ;
    The mod already offered the possibility to increase the presence frequency for a girl, but it still let time where you can't find her at all. Therefore, you can now decide to change the girls actually present.
    This his done by clicking on an icon.
  • Added - The possibility to go to College during week days, in the day and the afternoon periods ;
    While I understood Baal intent behind the actual restriction, the college start to grow and the more it will take importance, the more frustrating it will be to can access it only during the week end.
    In addition to this, many players are already far advanced in the game, even without cheating, which let them with few things to do during the week days, while still having things to do in the college.
  • Added - Many tool tips to help understand the modded parts ;
  • Added - Restoration of the "rollback" button ;
    You'll find it on the bottom left corner of the screen.
    Warning, be aware that the rollback can sometime break the game.
  • Changed - You can now change the relationship between Derek and Sandra, from "NCHDL storyline" page of the modded phone ;
  • Changed - You can now change the relationship between the sister and Freddy, from "NCHDL storyline" page of the modded phone ;
  • Changed - You can now change the relationship between the mother and Freddy, from "NCHDL storyline" page of the modded phone ;
  • Changed - You can now change the influence/control over Ms Jackson from "hidden stats" ;
  • Changed - I made it more obvious to see which value can be changed ;
  • Changed - You can now replay the "medium plots" for the NCHDL club ;
    While the short plots where available at any time, the medium ones could only be played once. This would deprive you of many scenes but, more important, can radically change the game, just because you made the wrong choice without knowing it.
    Note that replaying those plots while inevitably lead Billy to the main track of the game, one that will not be this good for him at first and probably turn him into a vilain whatever you want it or not. But don't worry too much, the cheats are here also for this, and you should be able to revert the consequences once you've finally saw the scene.
    Also note that I will never offer you the possibility to replay those plots before you've played them all. It's important for the story that the game works this way, and I respect that.
  • Fixed - The alternate notifications do not anymore overwrite the dialog when both are present at the same time ;
  • Fixed - A bug when forcing the presence of Billy's sister at school ;
  • Fixed - A bug coming from the SFC mod that prevented you to see Mom & Sophie drunk scenes ;
  • Fixed - A bug coming from the SFC mod that messed with the result of school jobs, preventing you to have a success instead of a critical success ;
  • Fixed - Now when changing the gender preference of Nikki, she immediatly become bisexual, no more need to way for one day for that ;
  • Fixed - Recalibrating the personality of a character now works as expected ;
  • Fixed - A bug coming from the original code, that break the game after the investigation scene ;
    Baal is aware of this, and the bug should be fixed in the next update.
  • Fixed - A bug preventing to have the control over randomization for SuLynn corrupted scenes ;
  • Fixed - A bug preventing to have the control over randomization for Mrs. Larson third nympho scene.

That's all, but that's also a lot... and because of this, it's not impossible that you encounter few bugs ; too many things added/changed in one time. Since I did a lot of test, it shouldn't happen, but because the game is so big, with so many possibilities, I can't guaranty it.
Therefore, as usual don't hesitate to warn me if you encounter a problem.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
The SFC mod corrupt the save files.....
I have never, until now, noticed any corruption of the backups by the SFC mod.
A mod that creates variables will necessarily make the backup unplayable if the mod is not installed. I wouldn't call this a corruption.

If there really is a problem with file corruption, I would like to know more about it, in order to fix it.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
A mod that creates variables will necessarily make the backup unplayable if the mod is not installed. I wouldn't call this a corruption.
My mods use variables and custom object, and save a lot of things ; in they all rely around a massive object. And yet the save files will load without problem even if you remove the mod.
And the fact that you can't load a save if the mod isn't installed mean that the save file was corrupted ; not compromised since the data are all correct, but corrupted because it need more than the original game.

If there really is a problem with file corruption, I would like to know more about it, in order to fix it.
The problem is that you need to have the mod installed to use your save files. A mod should stay as discrete as possible and not force its presence ; whatever it works by changing the original code, or as an independent standalone.

In your particular case, the problem come from the classes defined by the mod. At load time, Pickle will try to create the objects, and fail since the classes don't exist if your mod isn't installed.
Therefore, all your objects have to stay not savable, and works with basic structures to handle what have to be saved.
Basically speaking, the classes need to pass from something like this :
Code:
init python:
    class MyClass( renpy.python.RevertableObject ):
        def __init__( self, this, that ):
           self.this = this
           self.that = that

default myClass = MyClass( "abc", "def" )
to something like that :
Code:
init python:
    class MyClass( renpy.python.RevertableObject ):
        def setterThis( self, value ):
            mySaves["this"] = value
        def getterThis( self ):
            return mySaves["this"]
        this = property(getterThis, setterThis)

def setterThat( self, value ):
            mySaves["that"] = value
        def getterThat( self ):
            return mySaves["that"]
        that = property(getterThat, setterThat)

default mySave = { "this": None, "that": None }
define myClass = MyClass( "abc", "def" )

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm not able to track scenes, did I download an out of date version of the mod?
Hmm. If you used the link on top of this thread, then it's not an out of date version. And if I had messed the download (which can happen, I'm just human), you wouldn't be the first, nor the only one to notice it.

Therefore, there's a problem somewhere, which is totally possible, I never had to twist Ren'py as far as I did for this part. But where is it ? :/

Do you have access to the configuration menu (SHIFT + e) ?
When you open the phone, do you have he modded one, or the original one ?
With the modded phone, do you have the "annexes" button on top of it ?
And finally, what happen when you click on this button ?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
nb8 , outch, there's so many things missing :/

When you open the configuration menu, is the icon for the "Annexes" part green or red ?
And if it's green, is there parts of this section that are turned off ?
If yes, can you turn them on ?
And if not, is turning them off, then on again correct the problem ? (I know it sound stupid, but it can be a problem that don't effectively perform the installation when you start the game)

It's near midnight here, so I'll sleep on it, but tomorrow I search for a way to identify more precisely what can cause this.

Edit: Oh, by the way :
In the map, to you have access to the college during "day" and "afternoon" period that aren't on Saturday or Sunday ?
And do you see the same icon that is used to quit a menu (the arrow) on the bottom right side of the screen (it's the restored rollback)

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Same for me, so not isolated.
Tried a fresh install with no SFC mod, and it is working correctly. I reinstalled SFC and it stopped working. I can't load old SFC saves without it, no surprise.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Annexes is red, and college unavailable
The mod is designed to not break the game (as much as possible) by disabling itself, or part of itself like here, if the variables/screen/whatever he works with aren't present anymore.
The good news is that it works fine, while the bad news is that I need to find what make it disable the annex and why it isn't present :/

Tried a fresh install with no SFC mod, and it is working correctly. I reinstalled SFC and it stopped working. I can't load old SFC saves without it, no surprise.
I tried and had no problem with SFC, but I haven't really played the game I used to test this, so it don't mean much.

To both of you, is it the first time you tried my mod, or do you used the previous version of it ?
If it's the first time, can you try with the attached version ? It's the previous one, so the scenes tracker isn't included, but knowing if the annex part is or not disabled in it, will help me to limit the possible reason behind this problem.

This said, know that I'm working on the issue. I'll find it and solve it, in a way or another.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote