Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I think it's more to do with the lack of control that's already been explained. The greater the mastery we're exposed to and the more frequent the exposure, the faster we copy the power, we were only exposed to HarshLight's mastery once. So it makes sense that we have practically zero ability to actually use the power on our own. I don't think it's a fading thing. But it would be a case of getting rusty with powers we don't actively train and use, like how Harper got rusty using her powers when she thought she was going to quit being a hero before changing her mind.

I would hate for Missus Powell to have faked all of this. It would be completely out of character, being willingly to emotionally torture her own daughter like that to say nothing of her husband and the others. Obviously I want her to be ok, and I remember reading somewhere here that she's supposedly confirmed to be getting added to the harem at some point , and if that's true she's probably going to be ok, but I'd hate for it to be at the cost of her abandoning everyone like that. Even temporarily or for "a good cause".
Good points. It would tarnish her image for many players.
About her being an eventual LI, I notice that the mod does track her Affection and Obedience. No Lust.

Reactions: PapaPhat

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Good points. It would tarnish her image for many players.
About her being an eventual LI, I notice that the mod does track her Affection and Obedience. No Lust.
Can't really speak to the mod as I don't use it, but to me it would make sense for Lust not to be tracked, yet. Like, she is still, so far as we are aware, in a happy loving marriage. Her being affectionate towards us makes sense because that's just the type of person she is, but also because of how close we are with her daughter, and the others. Not sure how or where Obedience comes into things, don't really like the idea of turning her all submissive regardless of what happens. I like how none of the relationships lean too much into BDSM. Nothing against BDSM etc, but I can find it gets tiring.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Can't really speak to the mod as I don't use it, but to me it would make sense for Lust not to be tracked, yet. Like, she is still, so far as we are aware, in a happy loving marriage. Her being affectionate towards us makes sense because that's just the type of person she is, but also because of how close we are with her daughter, and the others. Not sure how or where Obedience comes into things, don't really like the idea of turning her all submissive regardless of what happens. I like how none of the relationships lean too much into BDSM. Nothing against BDSM etc, but I can find it gets tiring.
Of course, the big question is, does she know how he has been...inspiring his team? I suspect with all she knows already about him, she does. I initially saw Obedience in the usual, submissive sense. I wonder if it may actually serve as more of their willingness to follow his instructions as a team leader in the field. Whenever I've had the choice, I've chosen affection (except for the scene with Lovestruck), so I think I have 3 Obedience on one and 1 Obedience on another.

Still working on Obedience points with the cat. This will probably take a while....

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Of course, the big question is, does she know how he has been...inspiring his team? I suspect with all she knows already about him, she does. I initially saw Obedience in the usual, submissive sense. I wonder if it may actually serve as more of their willingness to follow his instructions as a team leader in the field. Whenever I've had the choice, I've chosen affection (except for the scene with Lovestruck), so I think I have 3 Obedience on one and 1 Obedience on another.

Still working on Obedience points with the cat. This will probably take a while....
Pretty sure I've been choosing Affection whenever I can with all the characters.

As for that cat, I think there are more fan theories about that fucking cat than anything else in the game.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I really wonder though, since we haven't seen the light powers again, if abilities fade if not maintained. It would be an interesting mechanic, and might require cuddling with Missus Powell when she finally returns. I find that whole situation a bit suspicious. She already told the MC that she would be away for a while and needed him to hold the team together. The timing of her being kidnapped right after that is suspect. Perhaps she faked her kidnapping in order to provide a cause for the students to rally for.
Missus Powell obviously knew way more than she told anyone on the team, there has been multiple conversations in game about this. My theory:
Missus Powell knew that she was being targeted and when she suddenly found a trail of evidence to Harshlight's return, she decided to confront him. If he was involved in the plot against her, then she would start this kidnapping by hitting one of the big guns first or if he was innocent, then at least she could trigger the trap set for her when her students are not nearby. Either way, she would go into a situation that was designed to overwhelm her, so it was likely that she wouldn't be back for a while. At least this way her students wouldn't be caught in the crossfire.
And if she told her plan to anyone, then we would have followed her with a non-zero chance of getting one of us killed or seriously hurt. For the same reason it's possible that she didn't even tell to any of her old friends either, because some of them might have told Harper and the results would be the same.

I think this would explain the details i can remember.

Reactions: Dragon59

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I really wonder though, since we haven't seen the light powers again, if abilities fade if not maintained. It would be an interesting mechanic, and might require cuddling with Missus Powell when she finally returns. I find that whole situation a bit suspicious. She already told the MC that she would be away for a while and needed him to hold the team together. The timing of her being kidnapped right after that is suspect. Perhaps she faked her kidnapping in order to provide a cause for the students to rally for.
I think it's more to do with the lack of control that's already been explained. The greater the mastery we're exposed to and the more frequent the exposure, the faster we copy the power, we were only exposed to HarshLight's mastery once. So it makes sense that we have practically zero ability to actually use the power on our own.
big question is, does she know how he has been...inspiring his team?
I'm of two opinions on MC's initial display of power... either he was only able to absorb enough power for that one display saving Riley or Grandpa simply made it appear that the power came from MC. Only enough for the one display supports S1nsational's postulation that absorbed powers fade with lack of use and/or exposure to the source from which those powers were absorbed. I have no story based proof for my second thought, it is merely my thinking out loud. Personally, the jury of my inner mind is still out on all of the subjects under discussion today. So, I am merely speculating with my fellow speculators. Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Dragon59's postulation that Mrs. Powell is voluntarily in absentia presently intrigues me as I have been under the exact same impression for the exact same reason, she forewarned MC of her pending absence as if it were part of her own plan, executed by design. However, whether that is foresight that her capture was imminent or that she planned a "vacation" to allow her to evaluate her students remotely, leaving them to fend for themselves to see how they perform in the absence of leadership in hopes that a new leader would emerge from the pack, I cannot say. These are all interesting ideas to ponder.

Apologies, my friends. I will not pretend to have any answers that I do not have. We shall all see the truth of the story in the end. I'm hoping to see a return to the main story soon. I've had more than my fill of tangential and trivial side stories. The Saturday morning workout routine with Riley is a welcomed addition. Crys gets ENTIRELY too much attention and needs to wash off the racoon eyes and black goth lipstick. Crys is actually rather beautiful. She is, however, in DESPERATE need of a makeover!!! That "Donald Trump combover" MUST go! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: It seems to be a repeatable event so we can enjoy sex with Riley twice every Saturday. When "passing time" in game I visit Valentina for anal training in the AM (except on mornings she holds the kettle bell and doesn't have the anal training. On those mornings I see Harper in her room, Riley in the shower or Crys in the kitchen for a hummer;)), then Riley in her room for "breaking in her bed" in the afternoon and meet with Harper in the kitchen so she can train her powers on MC's stiffness every evening. Harper is always there staring at the fridge, pondering what to eat. You don't really want food, Harper... I have what you need. Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
Yeah... the repeatable events make time pass quickly:devilish:(y)

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:devilish:(y)
I love you Riley:love::love::love::love::love:
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.08.05 - 21.19.26.26.png

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i'm sure that there was nothing about what happened under mrs powell's roof that she didn't know.

Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
i'm sure that there was nothing about what happened under mrs powell's roof that she didn't know.
And like the MC of a certain popular Mafioso game, he is definitely helping each of the women overcome their initial weaknesses and become more complete.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Wow. Didn't expect the game to be so good :love:

I always say transitions are one of the most important components of a VN & this is one of the very few games where I'd wait for line transitions (especially given how impatient I am)

The sound effects, visual effects during transitions, the face & eye movements, etc are done so well. They fit well with the pov style, especially the facial expressions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The expressions & looks are so well done in the game, it's a perfect fit to go with the pov style to focus more on those aspects.

Only fly in the meal would be the face reveal during the smoking scene(right before harper falls from the sky)
It's not enough to ruin the game over a few scenes, but it does destroy the perfection of the face-hidden immersion.
It's like a small portion of an otherwise perfect cake being salty instead of sweet. you still enjoy the cake, but experiencing the salty bit reminds you it's not perfect.

(Nothing against games that establish MC's face. It's just that after that scene, the game continues in a hardcore pov/immersive style so it feels very bad in that aspect.
It's like 1 pink ball among 20 yellow balls. Nothing wrong with a pink ball, but it feels like it ruins the yellow theme/motif of the arrangement)

Another thing that's kinda inefficient is the sandbox.
Again, I'm not complaining about the sandbox style. Many may say it's just a small area of sandbox in the game. But that's the point. The game doesn't really have enough routes/girls/quests variations to showcase a sandbox.
Coupled with how many soft-blocks there were (complete chrys quest before you can complete riley quest) - it might've been easier for the dev to lay out the events in a predetermined sequence like a novel.

The storylines & characterisation was pretty top notch tho.
Add it to the fact that the dev seems to have a good grasp of how to flow scenes in a VN(see below), it forms a great narrative to immerse oneself in. (again, pov immersion works very well with this)
(many just focus on writing a story, or creating good renders. instead you need to break it down into lines with sound & visual effects - kinda like turning a plot story into a proper film script.
Having a good story & picture is only half the battle, you have to present it well as a scene)

Overall, a great ride. Looking forward to the story further. (y)

Reactions: Knight of Solace

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
Wow. Didn't expect the game to be so good :love:

I always say transitions are one of the most important components of a VN & this is one of the very few games where I'd wait for line transitions (especially given how impatient I am)

The sound effects, visual effects during transitions, the face & eye movements, etc are done so well. They fit well with the pov style, especially the facial expressions.
The expressions & looks are so well done in the game, it's a perfect fit to go with the pov style to focus more on those aspects.

Only fly in the meal would be the face reveal during the smoking scene(right before harper falls from the sky)
It's not enough to ruin the game over a few scenes, but it does destroy the perfection of the face-hidden immersion.
It's like a small portion of an otherwise perfect cake being salty instead of sweet. you still enjoy the cake, but experiencing the salty bit reminds you it's not perfect.

(Nothing against games that establish MC's face. It's just that after that scene, the game continues in a hardcore pov/immersive style so it feels very bad in that aspect.
It's like 1 pink ball among 20 yellow balls. Nothing wrong with a pink ball, but it feels like it ruins the yellow theme/motif of the arrangement)

Another thing that's kinda inefficient is the sandbox.
Again, I'm not complaining about the sandbox style. Many may say it's just a small area of sandbox in the game. But that's the point. The game doesn't really have enough routes/girls/quests variations to showcase a sandbox.
Coupled with how many soft-blocks there were (complete chrys quest before you can complete riley quest) - it might've been easier for the dev to lay out the events in a predetermined sequence like a novel.

The storylines & characterisation was pretty top notch tho.
Add it to the fact that the dev seems to have a good grasp of how to flow scenes in a VN(see below), it forms a great narrative to immerse oneself in. (again, pov immersion works very well with this)
(many just focus on writing a story, or creating good renders. instead you need to break it down into lines with sound & visual effects - kinda like turning a plot story into a proper film script.
Having a good story & picture is only half the battle, you have to present it well as a scene)

Overall, a great ride. Looking forward to the story further. (y)
the running gag with that face reveal...Solace said he spent a decent amount of time making the MC then never showed him ...that is literally the only time you see him...lol so give him some credit for showing what he did...lol

Reactions: Remembrance

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
the running gag with that face reveal...Solace said he spent a decent amount of time making the MC then never showed him ...that is literally the only time you see him...lol so give him some credit for showing what he did...lol
Lol. Still be better to remove it genre wise(pov vs face established) for consistency.
Thanks for the fun tidbit tho.

I wonder why the dev did that(work on face). It's like the only benefit of the immersive pov, you don't have to worry about/work on MC's face, in exchange for all the restrictions on how to render/show the scenes without getting the face in the frame.
My guess was that the dev considered abandoning the pov style & transitioning to face revealed (much less restrictive in how you can make the scenes) but decided to go with pov in the end.

It's just very annoying tho, like that one crooked item in a series of perfectly arranged itemso_O

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
honestly it was just the opposite according to talks I've had with him. He planned to do it 3rd person and spent the time on the mc model then the more he worked on the story he realized it needed to be 1st person.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
v1.551

PC Version:

Mac Version:

Android Version:

Change-Log from 1.526 to 01.551:

• 1 Riley Main Story Events!
  • 3 Riley Sandbox Events! This includes the finale of the weight lifting event triggered Saturday morning!
  • 3 Artemisia Events!
  • Chrys' Repeatable Pet Play Event!
  • Chrys' Room has been added
  • Chrys' Original pet play has had a few tweaks
  • The Recreation Room has been added!
Hey everyone,

Here is the public build of the latest release! The Patreon poll will be going up later on this week, and I'll have more news about the start of the main story push as soon as next Sunday. Enjoy the game!

Thank you for all of your support,

~Solace

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Superheroes Suck [v1.551 Public] [Solace]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SuperheroesSuck-1.551
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes