Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
This game needs better hints/walkthrough items in game (or just use a menu system that points you in the correct decision), fast forwarding through nearly every morning (defeats the purpose of a "time" system) or an entire day and hoping something triggers is just frustrating given it's a "sandbox". The walkthrough listed in this thread also loses it's purpose *fast* if you try using it on a progress where the days aren't counted from the first day.

I like the game, but the bad decision for "sandbox" ends up just wasting time for the player and essentially will lose interest from the player.

Edit: Ok after my little rant, I jumped back into the game, because i *do* want to continue with the story, and I realized I somehow triggered something where I could continue. The little heart icon finally gave me more info on the step, but I wish it was just clearer, the time/day based events (specially how over half the time is spent skipping that time of day) were changed or eliminated.
I share your frustration in that regard.

Once we're past the power reveal, there's going to be a long, very long, period of sandbox improvement. For starters, actually putting stuff in the sandbox to do. I never intended to neglect that aspect of the game for so long, but I also didn't want to put the story on hold earlier than the power reveal.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This game needs better hints/walkthrough items in game (or just use a menu system that points you in the correct decision), fast forwarding through nearly every morning (defeats the purpose of a "time" system) or an entire day and hoping something triggers is just frustrating given it's a "sandbox". The walkthrough listed in this thread also loses it's purpose *fast* if you try using it on a progress where the days aren't counted from the first day.

I like the game, but the bad decision for "sandbox" ends up just wasting time for the player and essentially will lose interest from the player.

Edit: Ok after my little rant, I jumped back into the game, because i *do* want to continue with the story, and I realized I somehow triggered something where I could continue. The little heart icon finally gave me more info on the step, but I wish it was just clearer, the time/day based events (specially how over half the time is spent skipping that time of day) were changed or eliminated.
I think that this is a problem that could be easily fixed by a tutorial slide when the sandbox is introduced. The two most useful tools for navigating the mostly empty sandbox are the heart icon and what I like to call the stalker board on the first level that always seems to know where the girls are. Follow these two and you have no problems progressing the story. There is no reason to go where the girls aren't or where the story triggers are located. Except if you want to build confidence points but they don't seem to matter after a certain point. The only thing that has puzzled me is why have a sandbox at all unless it is to seek out one branch of content in favor of another branch. There are a few points in the story where you either choose dominance points or paragon points (wrong names) but that doesn't seem to have much of a function as yet. The game has a ways to go in this regard but it seems that this is a good infrastructure to have if different branches to the story are to be introduced later.

Jul 20, 2020
I share your frustration in that regard.

Once we're past the power reveal, there's going to be a long, very long, period of sandbox improvement. For starters, actually putting stuff in the sandbox to do. I never intended to neglect that aspect of the game for so long, but I also didn't want to put the story on hold earlier than the power reveal.
Just wanted to thank you in responding, if you ever look at my posts on this forum you'll find I'm really not a fan of sandbox/open world systems in VN's and games of this sort due to the amount of developer work in order to just "fill" the game with content (beyond the actual main storylines etc) not to mention things like timing etc. There's only a handful of VN's on this site with sand boxes or "sand box elements" that I continue to play after the trial period has passed (this is one of them).

I tend to actually avoid sandbox games because of those reasons (I found that most do it to pad out "play time" rather than any other function), but I continued with this VN because I truly enjoy the storylines/characters in this game. The sandbox system in this VN is perfectly functional once I finally got through some issues with having triggers pop up then it was fine.

So again, thanks for your hard work on this project, and responding, and again, I apologize if I was a bit...blunt with my post, I do like this VN quite a bit and having issues pop up really frustrates me and pulls me out of the story trying to figure out what I did wrong to not have something trigger etc.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Plus Chrys. The MC has been in contact with her like a lot, but nothing related with her powers so far (unless we consider drilling all the Academy members some way of phasing through them)

Reactions: drunkenrioter

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
My power theory remains a sort of "rapid evolutionary response". But just as much as he needs for the situation. And there's maybe a limit to how potent the effect can be in one spurt, but over time it persists and can grow incrementally.

Purely physical in nature.

Throw him into darkness? Evolutionary night vision.

Throw him into a car window? Resilience/Healing.

Throw him into a physical fight or extended physical exercise? Rapid muscle development.

Throw him into a house full of horny, fertile young women? Thunder Cock.

And maybe some sort of pheromone effect too that makes them a bit more malleable to the idea of sharing said thunder cock. lol

The shield? I still don't think that was the MC. Maybe the old man. Maybe train girl.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
grind how? girls won't fall on mc's dick on 1st meeting so ofc needs to do things with them before they fall.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
My theory about the MC's power is that he secretly has a degree in Psychology and an MBA in Management and is able to help people talk about their problems and manage manpower and resources for optimum efficiency. In my defense, it IS what he's been doing all this time already ;) :LOL:

Reactions: NewTricks

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021
My theory about the MC's power is that he secretly has a degree in Psychology and an MBA in Management and is able to help people talk about their problems and manage manpower and resources for optimum efficiency. In my defense, it IS what he's been doing all this time already ;) :LOL:
Almost certainly more useful than whatever his power actually is. We never did find out what that job he originally had was before he was laid off, did we?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket
Oct 11, 2021
I only played the new update yesterday, and I must say, I've been playing this game for a while - and I've loved it. Interesting story, something different, and it's been fun. You can always tell you're invested in a game when certain moments happen, you feel something. Like in this update, when Queen Unbreakable dissappeared. I was shocked, I mean, goosebumps shocked. Wow. That's how you truly know you're invested, and this game truly has me all in. Thank you dev, and I truly can't wait for the next update. Godspeed

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
I only played the new update yesterday, and I must say, I've been playing this game for a while - and I've loved it. Interesting story, something different, and it's been fun. You can always tell you're invested in a game when certain moments happen, you feel something. Like in this update, when Queen Unbreakable dissappeared. I was shocked, I mean, goosebumps shocked. Wow. That's how you truly know you're invested, and this game truly has me all in. Thank you dev, and I truly can't wait for the next update. Godspeed
Holy shit... when MC entered in class, I got chills... then he tried to talk with Valentina... more chills.
Then the disappearing bomb hit mr like a truck.

Probably she(Queen) knew something would happen when she was talking with MC.

I cant wait!

Oct 11, 2021
Holy shit... when MC entered in class, I got chills... then he tried to talk with Valentina... more chills.
Then the disappearing bomb hit mr like a truck.

Probably she(Queen) knew something would happen when she was talking with MC.

I cant wait!
Right. Shit. Chils, literal chills. I was completely shook, to the core.

Yeah, she must've known something. I can't wait for his power reveal and him going to find her.
This was one helleava cliffhanger.

nevyn

Aug 9, 2017
Fresh New game, game breaks for me after meeting chrys mother. cannot travel to 1st floor. fast forward time is xed out. every clickable in garage and 2nd floor go nowhere.

Edit: NM, you have to leave room while on 2nd floor, somehow that was not as intuitive as it should have been unless there is missing content on 2nd floor

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes