Aug 1, 2020
I've given it a lot of thinking I don't think you need corruption for evo5, Rather it's a trait you need to be in hamony with the third. But it wouldn't make sense that in order fo you to reach your fifth evo you would need corruption or rather a ridiculous amount. it actually might need some and killing people might not be a requirment.

On that not Dancia and Bailey are just unncessary. We are just as bad as Dancia if not worse and Bailey is just a sweethear wait and consum her later when she ask you. With Jake . . . I really hope I won't rgret leaving him Alive . . . The son of the first is kinda scary title even if he is a failure.
To reach 5th evo naturally, you need to kill and consume certain superhumans and monsters the eye thing your orgin monster thing tells you as much and also warns if you miss even a single one you will not be as strong as you could be

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
To reach 5th evo naturally, you need to kill and consume certain superhumans and monsters the eye thing your orgin monster thing tells you as much and also warns if you miss even a single one you will not be as strong as you could be
Ye but again look at the events of the game so far; Not a singl corruption check thing been a good thing.
I'm pretty sure the power he is talking about is not the evolution rather the perks that comes with having high corruption. Learning the language having more connection to powers beyond and what we call gods. Just like insight in bloodborn. you can have way too much of it early on that doesn't bring you much merits but later you'll need it.

there are a lot of people you can kill , consume in the game that are evil or not very good poeple and lot you can do to gain more corruption without needing to kill people you know. Everybody keep saying tha "FCUK JAKE HE DESERVES IT" , But all and all even though he did some very fucked up shit he still tried his hardest not to kill a single person. All the while being manupilated by Ella and we all seen it and know that he was right to be paranoid cause Ella keep telling him that mc would kill him in seconds if it would come down to it.

I still think excessive killing is not required until I'm proved differently.

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm sure some of you may know about it already but for those of you who do not know a group of us on the off topic superhuman thread decided to work on a Wiki for the game and have made a large amount of progress (a grand total of 137 pages at the time of writing this).

I encourage anyone who wishes to contribute to it to do so but please be mindful that nudity isn't allowed and to not vandalize pages as many of us in the off topic thread have dumped literal hours into writing and making said pages.

Here's the link for anyone who wishes to contribute or just simply visit the Wiki:

Also I wish to note despite all the progress we made within just a month there's still plenty of things to add and do.
checked out the wiki and now i wonder how many "potential romances" MC is gonna have on his wiki page.

poochyisanalien

Jan 27, 2020
But all and all even though he did some very fucked up shit he still tried his hardest not to kill a single person. All the while being manupilated by Ella and we all seen it and know that he was right to be paranoid cause Ella keep telling him that mc would kill him in seconds if it would come down to it.

I still think excessive killing is not required until I'm proved differently.
I'd argue that sending someone to prison for what may well be life while telling them that if they escape their best friend will be killed is worse than killing. As is enslaving Deryl.

Plus, Jake was using his powers to make the twins strip for him. Between that and mind-wiping his own best friend once she caught him brainwashing Deryl, I'd say Jake has lost any possible moral high ground with the MC.

Reactions: SquallofNight

Zero1994

Sep 17, 2021
Killing Jake is giving the pleasure to Ella, the MC himself can potentially be much worse than Jake.

Jake is more redeemable than most enemies the MC faces, the main one being that he has good intentions who explores the gray waters with the powers gifted by Ella.

At least it's my opinion

Before anyone says that Jake is full of shit, the MC from a moral point of view (and game decisions) is also on a radioactive level.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Plus, Jake was using his powers to make the twins strip for him
Out of all things this is the least bad thing Jake has ever done. Like, super tame. Especially if we're comparing to what the MC has done with his powers for sexual gain. Jake could've done much much worse than just seeing some titties and stopping there

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'd argue that sending someone to prison for what may well be life while telling them that if they escape their best friend will be killed is worse than killing.
Capital punishment is pretty much universally considered harsher than sentence for life. Mainly because it can't be reversed/terminated.

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
I'd argue that sending someone to prison for what may well be life while telling them that if they escape their best friend will be killed is worse than killing. As is enslaving Deryl.

Plus, Jake was using his powers to make the twins strip for him. Between that and mind-wiping his own best friend once she caught him brainwashing Deryl, I'd say Jake has lost any possible moral high ground with the MC.
All of what you said is ot even remotly close to what Deryl did
Or what mc , Alice , Miachel and shit heads like Jared did etc
You have to also feel for the poor guy and the scale of mental pressure that he was going through.
He did do horrible things. That's why he should stay alive to repent, Have a second chance and help others. He is now a prisoner to HERO which means he is kinda neturlized.

Vacillator

Mar 25, 2018
All of what you said is ot even remotly close to what Deryl did
Or what mc , Alice , Miachel and shit heads like Jared did etc
You have to also feel for the poor guy and the scale of mental pressure that he was going through.
He did do horrible things. That's why he should stay alive to repent, Have a second chance and help others. He is now a prisoner to HERO which means he is kinda neturlized.
I agree that some characters reaching the height we tried so hard to reach in 1 arc is kinda painful Ig Miachel is built different, Ig Jake was learning directly from Ella, Ig Tiffa is having lots of help from the lab , BUT DERYL
What the actual hell man it hurts so much that he got to the same EVO level and power level as mc NO effort needed. I like his character but the way some of the sides just speed runbeing powerful while mc is trying daily super hard to get there is just a small bit snnoying the arc that kinda disliked was facing Deryl before he became a monster. Like dude barely been turned an he is keeping up with mc and Jake the son of the first? the most rare breed of super humans?

Well the only character that feels realy justified and is actually putting work for her powers is Alice. She started on a rough road trying hard and reaping ass to get to evo 2 shit u not she was turned before Deryl who's on evo3.5 according to him. Some people in the comments ask "Why are people so obssesed with evo 4 we just got to 3 and we have lot of room to grow"; Well cause it sucks to feel like you are falling behind on the power scaling scoop.
michael alice and mc all make sense imo, those 3 characters do so much shit every arc, deryl and all of his 37 clones needed a fat nerf, i almost forget he's even a character and he comes back doing circles around 2 insanely op characters for fun

Reactions: Gigachad

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
michael alice and mc all make sense imo, those 3 characters do so much shit every arc, deryl and all of his 37 clones needed a fat nerf, i almost forget he's even a character and he comes back doing circles around 2 insanely op characters for fun
Deryl does need a really fat nerf. Michael does deserve some power but i think if he stay underpowered it would be better for him.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Smh if Jake was the mc then half of the female cast would've been enslaved and the other half would've been mindbroken too because they looked at you funny in most of you mf's playthroughs.

Jake was probably more responsible with his powers then 100% of the people playing the game

stop with the "how could he make wahmen show some tits" bs.

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Jake is more redeemable than most enemies the MC faces, the main one being that he has good intentions who explores the gray waters with the powers gifted by Ella.
Intentions are irrelevant here. He could be the nicest person in town and I'd still kill him.

A man who can control the minds of government and military officials, start an atomic war, and wipe out humanity before lunch simply cannot be allowed to live. What if he evolved and gained the ability to mind control even REALLY strong superhumans?

It's just too much of a risk to let him live...

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
Intentions are irrelevant here. He could be the nicest person in town and I'd still kill him.

A man who can control the minds of government and military officials, start an atomic war, and wipe out humanity before lunch simply cannot be allowed to live. What if he evolved and gained the ability to mind control even REALLY strong superhumans?

To be fair, the world of Superhuman has gone well beyond the point where nuclear warfare is an actual threat. Jake couldn't have done jack with those nukes, unless I'm guessing they were launched somewhere in-sector or he had permission from someone in another sector not to have them intercepted. The MC theorises he was going to use them on Ella, for all the good it'd have done him. We've seen from her performance at the Battle of Diamonds that she'd have walked off a nuke like it wasn't even there. The explosion wouldn't have done anything and the radiation probably would have just been annoying to her at her level of mastery over her Body trait. Would it have been bad, yes. Would it have ended humanity? He couldn't even if he wanted to, and if the MC who's canonically a bit of a dumbass knows that then so does he. And that's assuming he'd even have the will to drop a nuke in a populated area or anywhere near himself.

And unless Jake's hitting without outside assistance level 5 and finds a way to massively amplify his rate of power growth, he couldn't pull off mind control of stronger Superhumans. Subtle suggestions for things you were already doing will work on higher levels, direct commands that conflict with your desires not so much, as shown when he tried to order the MC only for his superior amounts of power to cause him to no-sell his control and when it was pointed out to Lexi that the tour wasn't supposed to go to to restricted areas. The man would have been wiped out before he even knew what happened if someone like Malik or Bernhardt cared enough about him to do it, let alone someone like Zack or Deus.

Granted, he had a shot at being the most busted thing on the planet and to manifest a power called Order at one point according to Aglaecwif, with Ella noting he'd inherited both Authority and Power, but had only manifested Authority due to him being soft and weak-willed in comparison to the MC. Mindset is important, and Jake's just not a natural killer. He became a lesser threat and will probably never again be on an actual fully manifested dual trait user like the MC's level as soon as he partially botched his second evolution. Even at level 2, he couldn't hold the level 1 Deryl under his control for too long.

I'd still have killed him just for the Amber and Liz thing, let alone the Jess thing, but considering Deryl is a friend of the MC's despite everything in their past, present and future you can absolutely forgive and spare Jake should you feel like it without it being seen as out of character. The MC seems to be more of a Chaotic Neutral type by default, not particularly caring about traditional morality and just doing what he feels like, even if he's pure and moral it doesn't stop him from dealing with budding supervillainess Tiffany or always canonically at least befriending the bloodthirsty criminal duo of Michael and Alice.

The world likes to run in circles it seems. At least it means the game isn't losing viewership anytime soon since this argument's revival usually means new people have come along.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
What if he evolved and gained the ability to mind control even REALLY strong superhumans?

Dumb argument. What if your MC evolves to the point where he can kill even REALLY strong superhumans and becomes unstoppable force capable of wiping out the humanity? Too much of a risk to let him live, either? What about the already existing level 5 superhumans who are just as much of the threat?

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Dumb argument. What if your MC evolves to the point where he can kill even REALLY strong superhumans and becomes unstoppable force capable of wiping out the humanity? Too much of a risk to let him live, either? What about the already existing level 5 superhumans who are just as much of the threat?
You don't see the bigger picture.
No matter how strong an individual is, he is not invincible.

There are only a few individuals who have extremely strong regenerative abilities and all others can be killed by conventional methods. The venom of the jellyfish was strong enough to cripple even a regeneration master like Ella for a while, and at that time she was already in the fourth stage of evolution. A strong dose of powerful poison can pacify or kill most Superhumans. I also think that few Superhumans would survive a direct hit to the head with a high caliber. Just because an MC can withstand direct fire from dozens of automatic weapons doesn't mean the same thing wouldn't kill 90% of other Superhumans. In the mall, you can get a "Game over" after detonating a few grenades because you're in small form and don't have your armor. You are not immune to human weapons and neither are other Superhumans. Even the very tough Oscar was practically defeated using ordinary human weapons.

But Jake, Jake is someone who can beat you without even having to fight you. Most people have someone they care about. Even if he can't control you, he can control your family and friends. And thus force you to do what he says. And even at the second stage of evolution, Jake was able to influence people at the fourth stage. I think at fifth stage he might be able to fully control other fifth stage Superhumans as well. At second stage of evolution, he was able to almost dominate the human world. At fifth stage of evolution, he could probably do the same with the world of Superhumans.

It is relevant if he is good, if he has ambitions for something like this or if he has already learned his lesson.
Even if the risk is small, it is not non-existent. And even the very small risk that someone will be taking over the world is too big a risk for me.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'd argue the bigger picture is actually the opposite of what you advocate -- you're not able to view beyond the person being a potential threat and consider a scenario where their "good intentions" make them a defense against similarly powerful, actual threat that is hostile.

It's the Batman vs Superman where Batman is too scared of Superman "because he might be a threat" to "let him live", only to realize in the next movie he and the entire planet are fucked without that potential threat he's had his hand in killing.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
No matter how strong an individual is, he is not invincible.

There are only a few individuals who have extremely strong regenerative abilities and all others can be killed by conventional methods. The venom of the jellyfish was strong enough to cripple even a regeneration master like Ella for a while, and at that time she was already in the fourth stage of evolution. A strong dose of powerful poison can pacify or kill most Superhumans. I also think that few Superhumans would survive a direct hit to the head with a high caliber. Just because an MC can withstand direct fire from dozens of automatic weapons doesn't mean the same thing wouldn't kill 90% of other Superhumans. In the mall, you can get a "Game over" after detonating a few grenades because you're in small form and don't have your armor. You are not immune to human weapons and neither are other Superhumans. Even the very tough Oscar was practically defeated using ordinary human weapons.

But Jake, Jake is someone who can beat you without even having to fight you. Most people have someone they care about. Even if he can't control you, he can control your family and friends. And thus force you to do what he says. And even at the second stage of evolution, Jake was able to influence people at the fourth stage. I think at fifth stage he might be able to fully control other fifth stage Superhumans as well. At second stage of evolution, he was able to almost dominate the human world. At fifth stage of evolution, he could probably do the same with the world of Superhumans.

It is relevant if he is good, if he has ambitions for something like this or if he has already learned his lesson.
Even if the risk is small, it is not non-existent. And even the very small risk that someone will be taking over the world is too big a risk for me.
Even if it would 100% secured somehow that he the bestest goodest puppy-hearted hero alive, theres always the possibility of Jake being blackmailed (again) into doing really really bad shit.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It's the Batman vs Superman where Batman is too scared of Superman "because he might be a threat" to "let him live", only to realize in the next movie he and the entire planet are fucked without that potential threat he's had his hand in killing.
Yeah... no.
The only reason that plotline managed to plod along in some sort of semblance of working at all, was by both of them becoming monumentally moronic for no reason beyond Zack Snyder's hardon for Frank Miller comics. Even in the comic it's inspired by, their fight made sense and had completely different motivations which had zero to do with either of them wanting to kill the other at all.
Futhermore, he basically had no hand in killing Superman in that movie. That was entirely Lex Luthor and Kryptonian magical plot device goo with Zod's body and Luthor's own DNA contribution (Doomsday) and another part of The Dark Knight Returns (radiation poisoning from detonation of the nuclear missile).

If you two really want to get into "the greater threat", go look at the Captains in H.E.R.O.
For the most part, they're just a couple of excuses away from moving to declare themselves and H.E.R.O. as the new rulers of the world. They're close enough to it as it is.
That's not saying S.I.N. is any better, they're just further from the reigns of power than H.E.R.O. currently are.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I'd argue the bigger picture is actually the opposite of what you advocate -- you're not able to view beyond the person being a potential threat and consider a scenario where their "good intentions" make them a defense against similarly powerful, actual threat that is hostile.
So you're willing to let him live because (assuming he's willing to help you at all) you could use his help in the future?
I'm sorry, but I don't think that such a potential benefit is worth the risks associated with it.

Although we obviously don't agree on what is an acceptable risk, surely you must agree that sometimes the risk is too great. I personally consider Jake to be potentially the most dangerous Superhuman that has been introduced in the game so far.

Go watch movie Injustice (2021)
There, exactly what Batman feared will happen and the whole world is fucked because no one can stop him.
:)

Anyway, movie Batman vs Superman was an extremely dumbed down version of a VERY good and VERY famous comix.
Try movies Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 a 2 (2012,2013).
Best DC movie I've seen and a MUCH better version of Batman vs Superman.

4.80 star(s) 330 Votes