TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
-Which makes MC even less likely to dodge his attacks. Though, I don't think that Met can move at light-speeds, for the simple fact that he isn't at level 4 yet, so there's that. It is possible that lightning speed (or whatever speed Met was moving at) is simply fast enough for him to evade Micheal's radiation even though it is faster, as you don't necessarily need to be faster than something to dodge it.
If I recall the writing right, it doesn't mention Met specifically trying to dodge the radiation beams. It just mentions that Met outpaces them. Could be wrong though. Even if Met cannot achieve total FTL speeds at lvl 3, he would atleast need to have light-speed reflexes. Hell, even Michael could be argued to have light-speed reaction times during his evolution trance, when he intercepts Tiffany, landing at hit on her at the very moment she dropped out of it to attack.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
If I recall the writing right, it doesn't mention Met specifically trying to dodge the radiation beams. It just mentions that Met outpaces them. Could be wrong though. Even if Met cannot achieve total FTL speeds at lvl 3, he would atleast need to have light-speed reflexes. Hell, even Michael could be argued to have light-speed reaction times during his evolution trance, when he intercepts Tiffany, landing at hit on her at the very moment she dropped out of it to attack.
Aim dodging is a thing, and you don't necessarily need to have reflexes of a certain caliber to dodge things of that caliber; for example, even in real life, people can sometimes dodge bullets, although no human moves fast enough to do so due to sheer speed, and nor is their reaction fast enough to do that consistently. By simply predicting the opponent, you can dodge things you would have no chance to otherwise. as for Met just moving faster than Michael's beams I just checked and can confirm that it says "the lightning begins to move even faster, so there's that. Maybe Met is actually beyond light speed, or maybe Michael's power isn't actually light speed, though i'd find it redundant to mention his beams being photons if that's so. Could just be a mistake on WW's part, but who knows.

Apr 16, 2020
Aim dodging is a thing, and you don't necessarily need to have reflexes of a certain caliber to dodge things of that caliber; for example, even in real life, people can sometimes dodge bullets, although no human moves fast enough to do so due to sheer speed, and nor is their reaction fast enough to do that consistently. By simply predicting the opponent, you can dodge things you would have no chance to otherwise. as for Met just moving faster than Michael's beams I just checked and can confirm that it says "the lightning begins to move even faster, so there's that. Maybe Met is actually beyond light speed, or maybe Michael's power isn't actually light speed, though i'd find it redundant to mention his beams being photons if that's so. Could just be a mistake on WW's part, but who knows.
Everyone forgetting that MC's most win comes from strategic thinking that utilizes his versatility of his powers to its fullest to win fights and with his false memories, he now has another weapon in his arsenal.

Making him a slippery opponent that as a fight goes on, the bigger chance he can understand his enemies and win.

That's why I believe Met would defeat mc because he's the same, electricity is versatile (can use it can be used internally and externally, like that big ass energy strike) not as versatile compared to the mc but, is stronger cause he is a pure breed, unlike mc (pure breeds are just better in raw strength of their ability).

Though I believe electricity is just too much for mc right now and will definitely be utilized it, in instant big transformation, if he can control the chaotic reaction when he touches electricity in the future, as mc is the descendant of the 4th, he understands...

Davner

Jan 30, 2018
Everyone forgetting that MC's most win comes from strategic thinking that utilizes his versatility of his powers to its fullest to win fights and with his false memories, he now has another weapon in his arsenal.

Making him a slippery opponent that as a fight goes on, the bigger chance he can understand his enemies and win.

That's why I believe Met would defeat mc because he's the same, electricity is versatile (can use it can be used internally and externally, like that big ass energy strike) not as versatile compared to the mc but, is stronger cause he is a pure breed, unlike mc (pure breeds are just better in raw strength of their ability).

Though I believe electricity is just too much for mc right now and will definitely be utilized it, in instant big transformation, if he can control the chaotic reaction when he touches electricity in the future, as mc is the descendant of the 4th, he understands...
If he found a way to ground himself with his steel arms by stabbing into the ground then maybe he can counter it. Electricity takes the path of least resistance. Sure Met can shoot it to whatever target he wants, but when in contact in the MC's body it will go down. Potentially.

Aug 9, 2018
I'm just at the party after MC gets exposed on the news and have a quick question:

I'm on Amber's romance route but Liz's friend route (i had sex with her all the time, just turned her down during her final event) and I didn't get the threesome at the party or even any non-sexual interaction with Amber or Liz.

I'm ok with missing out a sex scene or two (that's what the gallery's for) but out of curiosity does this lock me out of future Amber or Liz content entirely? Can I still do the Amber/Liz route if I'm only romancing one of them?

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I'm just at the party after MC gets exposed on the news and have a quick question:

I'm on Amber's romance route but Liz's friend route (i had sex with her all the time, just turned her down during her final event) and I didn't get the threesome at the party or even any non-sexual interaction with Amber or Liz.

I'm ok with missing out a sex scene or two (that's what the gallery's for) but out of curiosity does this lock me out of future Amber or Liz content entirely? Can I still do the Amber/Liz route if I'm only romancing one of them?
It does cut you out off content. You need both of them for the twin throuple.

• Sad
Reactions: OnlyUsedForNever
Apr 17, 2024

You won't miss much. Sex scenes aside, I vaguely recall that there's one scene where he's a bit more openly affectionate with them if he's dating both than if he's dating just one (or neither), but that's it. Otherwise you're fine.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OnlyUsedForNever
Aug 9, 2018
It does cut you out off content. You need both of them for the twin throuple.
You won't miss much. Sex scenes aside, I vaguely recall that there's one scene where he's a bit more openly affectionate with them if he's dating both than if he's dating just one (or neither), but that's it. Otherwise you're fine.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'm ok missing the throuple sex scenes, as long as there's still story events for them. I got concerned since there was nothing at all at at the party.

Kind of a bummer you can't later jump into the straight up throuple path if you're dating just one of them and friends with the other though, esp since Amber's route kinda implies she just wants you to be friends with Liz for it to happen, not dating her.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
MC says that trying electric transformations is problematic. However this isn't the same as protecting himself from electricity.
1. Against Klaus we've seen him cut off limbs struck with tasers.
2. Against Hydra Deryl we've seen that when his flesh explodes, it actually causes damage to the surroundings so Met isn't necessarily safe in melee.
3. Against Jake we've seen that electricity increases his regeneration and his resistance to various effects.

4. Met holds his charge inside him for physical boosts. If he starts shooting, he will lose strength and mobility. MC is very good at protecting himself against projectiles, he can just sacrifice basic tentacles, he doesn't even need his heavy duty tails.
5. Without seeing it, we can't know what will happen if MC and Met engage into trading melee blows. It's possible that electricity boosted regeneration and the blowback from explosions will allow MC to trade more efficiently.
6. The last interaction is Met's heavy attacks, like his dragon form. If that's enough to erase MC, then Met wins, if not, again it depends on the efficiency of trading blows, going back to 5.

So while I think that Met has a good match up here, there are multiple ways this fight can be hard for him. If MC's weakness directly translates to inefficient trading in melee, then MC loses. But based on his track record, this weakness to electricity is far more complex than what meets the eye.

PS.
- These reasons are why there exists a long running theory that electricity is actually a blessing in disguise for MC.
- Zack stops MC from fighting with Met because "attempting to regenerate will expose him". So at the very least, it seems that even while holding back for the infiltration, MC is actually capable of at least surviving his attacks.
yeah I’ve always suspected that MC isn’t actually weak to lightning. That it actually boosts his abilities but he just doesn’t know how to channel it. Considering the power crawl style of the game, MC is bound to overcome this “weakness” at some point so I can see him finally channeling it.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
yeah I’ve always suspected that MC isn’t actually weak to lightning. That it actually boosts his abilities but he just doesn’t know how to channel it. Considering the power crawl style of the game, MC is bound to overcome this “weakness” at some point so I can see him finally channeling it.
It seems eletricity makes his cells multiply whitout control and then his body explodes, so by itself eletricity helps his regeneration and transformation, the real problem is that he can't stop the process. During his first evolution he was tazed but resisted the effect, according to his words it was a power out of his control because it was not his own power, my view is that with his increased power poll that amount of eletricity was just safely absorbed, i find it very relevant how Mc's power manifests as black lightning, i don't think i'ts for no reason, after all he did get in control of eletricity before safely and used to his advantage.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Technically he can already overcome it the plot just choose not to let him do so. Since he can copy animals down to individual organs and even glands, he can just copy the energy storage matrix of a electric eel or catfish, combine it with high magnesium nerve spikes (or some other organic compatible conductive salt) to act as lighting guides and then just absorb the shock then distribute the energy or release it back in to the environment.

TBH, just with the power he has in the early game he was already borderline invincible with proper application. Given his regenerative and metabolic capacity combined with shape shifting he can just make a gland that produces nerve gas while making himself immune to the effect, which is a kill shot to most everyone he's fought so far who don't have powers that neutralize that.

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Technically he can already overcome it the plot just choose not to let him do so. Since he can copy animals down to individual organs and even glands, he can just copy the energy storage matrix of a electric eel or catfish, combine it with high magnesium nerve spikes (or some other organic compatible conductive salt) to act as lighting guides and then just absorb the shock then distribute the energy or release it back in to the environment.

TBH, just with the power he has in the early game he was already borderline invincible with proper application. Given his regenerative and metabolic capacity combined with shape shifting he can just make a gland that produces nerve gas while making himself immune to the effect, which is a kill shot to most everyone he's fought so far who don't have powers that neutralize that.
Don't forget that MC is incapable of making small changes like deliberately growing a nerve or a blood vessel because his power works by instinct.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Don't forget that MC is incapable of making small changes like deliberately growing a nerve or a blood vessel because his power works by instinct.
He can make tendrils that produce jellyfish toxin, he used it against his first fight with Ella. Which means he can combine his own workings with specific glands or organs; it's not a single nerve or blood vessel, it's a systemic change.

Also, he can alter the chemical makeup of his skin and bodily extensions to a pretty specific degree (sword arms just as an example), making tendrils lined with organic conductors to act as lighting rods then just have an electric energy storage matrix (electric eels power comes from modified muscle) somewhere on his body is something he can do; he's done much more complex mix and matching and none of that is a micro level change.
And that's all it would take to neutralize 99% of electrical attacks.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024
He can make tendrils that produce jellyfish toxin, he used it against his first fight with Ella. Which means he can combine his own workings with specific glands or organs; it's not a single nerve or blood vessel, it's a systemic change.

Also, he can alter the chemical makeup of his skin and bodily extensions to a pretty specific degree (sword arms just as an example), making tendrils lined with organic conductors to act as lighting rods then just have an electric energy storage matrix (electric eels power comes from modified muscle) somewhere on his body; he's done much more complex mix and matching and none of that is a micro level change.
And that's all it would take to neutralize 99% of electrical attacks.
It should work against small discharges like tasers, but I'm doubtful of its effect on the big lightning blasts we see. An electric eel's electricity tops out around six hundred volts and one ampere. Lightning is three hundred million volts and thirty thousand amperes. It's way more than an electric organ is designed to deal with, it would overload and burn and then the rest of the electricity would function as it normally does for the MC.

I think a better option, now that he can copy monster anatomy, is to see if he can get anything useful from the corpse of one of those lightning monsters that Michael fought. Electricity is that thing's power, but it also had a bunch of anatomical features to help channel it, focusing crystals and energy-storage goo. And unlike the eel, they're designed to handle massive discharges. Hooks those up to some lightning rod growths, and then we're talking.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
It should work against small discharges like tasers, but I'm doubtful of its effect on the big lightning blasts we see. An electric eel's electricity tops out around six hundred volts and one ampere. Lightning is three hundred million volts and thirty thousand amperes. It's way more than an electric organ is designed to deal with, it would overload and burn and then the rest of the electricity would function as it normally does for the MC.

I think a better option, now that he can copy monster anatomy, is to see if he can get anything useful from the corpse of one of those lightning monsters that Michael fought. Electricity is that thing's power, but it also had a bunch of anatomical features to help channel it, focusing crystals and energy-storage goo. And unlike the eel, they're designed to handle massive discharges. Hooks those up to some lightning rod growths, and then we're talking.
The problem with that can be MC's base form might reject it and his body would turn back the changes to normal.When mc got the monster heart from Xanthe he also changed other organs but all of the other organs changed back because only the heart was suitable.I might be missing some info tho but that's all I remember.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024
The problem with that can be MC's base form might reject it and his body would turn back the changes to normal.When mc got the monster heart from Xanthe his also changed other organs but all of the other organs changed back because only the heart was suitable.I might be missing some info tho but that's all I remember.
Yeah, he probably couldn't integrate it into his base form, at least not yet. I was thinking of it as an addition to his armor. Something mostly external, so he doesn't have to worry about his organs rejecting it.

4.80 star(s) 329 Votes