Jul 28, 2017
View attachment 3994330
Eye or horn? I'm playing with corruption path. I know horn give power but I heard that eye can give power in the late game too.
Well, if you want a more direct result, choose the horn. The amount of power it offers is very good, it will be very useful since you will have to fight Valravn later in the story. As for the eye, you can exchange it with Aglaecwif for a second reward.
I always choose the horn.

Reactions: SquallofNight

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
You're talking about current False Memory, right? Because MC already used it against Cole in the fight and it worked (it was only some seconds, but it still counts) and he had only recently unlocked it, while barely training it. He neglected his Memory powers but I feel that from now on it will only get stronger, I don't doubt that he will be able to use it against stronger superhumans in the future.
No, this is wrong. MC did not use False Memory against Cole, he used Memory Echo which is a completely different power. Memory echo recalls or shares real memories, NOT False Memories. False Memory can only be used by the MC through the dream world.

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
No, this is wrong. MC did not use False Memory against Cole, he used Memory Echo which is a completely different power. Memory echo recalls or shares real memories, NOT False Memories. False Memory can only be used by the MC through the dream world.
Dude, there is literally a scene (a single scene) in the fight where MC forges a memory about Cole hitting him. I know the difference between Memory Echo and False Memory.

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
No, that's a memory from when Cole hit the MC earlier in the fight.
The MC explicitly states he prepared the memories whilst he was hiding from Cole. It's something he whipped up using False Memories. Furthermore, Memory Echo and False Memories are inseparable from each other. False Memories lets the MC cook up fake scenarios, Memory Echo let him actually implant said memories, real or fake.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
The MC explicitly states he prepared the memories whilst he was hiding from Cole. It's something he whipped up using False Memories. Furthermore, Memory Echo and False Memories are inseparable from each other. False Memories lets the MC cook up fake scenarios, Memory Echo let him actually implant said memories, real or fake.
No those are not false memories, he maybe planned which memories to use but it was still just memory echo.

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
No those are not false memories, he maybe planned which memories to use but it was still just memory echo.
False Memories is just the ability for the MC to make fake memories. Nothing more, nothing less. Memory Echo lets him share the fake memories via pushing Monster Power through wounds left in his target, like he did to Mia and Christie. You don't need Dream World access to use False Memories, that just lets the MC access to a person's memories for reading or manipulating from anywhere.

And he literally had Cole imagine something that never happened: him getting utterly obliterated. No bones, no flesh, nothing. It's a blatant usage of False Memories, plain and simple. He can't draw out a pre-existing memory in Cole of him getting utterly obliterated in one move if at no point in the fight did Cole utterly obliterate him in one move. Even at the start of the fight Cole left a body that needed to be torched.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
False Memories is just the ability for the MC to make fake memories. Nothing more, nothing less. Memory Echo lets him share the fake memories via pushing Monster Power through wounds left in his target, like he did to Mia and Christie. You don't need Dream World access to use False Memories, that just lets the MC access to a person's memories for reading or manipulating from anywhere.

And he literally had Cole imagine something that never happened: him getting utterly obliterated. No bones, no flesh, nothing. It's a blatant usage of False Memories, plain and simple. He can't draw out a pre-existing memory in Cole of him getting utterly obliterated in one move if at no point in the fight did Cole utterly obliterate him in one move. Even at the start of the fight Cole left a body that needed to be torched.
No...False Memory and Memory Echo are entirely different powers...they don't mix up.

Jul 28, 2017
This would be Mc's biggest problem at the moment, because of all the Superhuman characters, he has one of the most “normal” powers, so to speak

Hell, his power is limited to shape-shifting and accessing the memories of others, and even with these 2 Traits, what can he do? Comparing him to Jake, Deryl, Alice or Michael? It's basically unfair something like that, at least, that's what I thought

Mc, is basically one of the most dangerous sons of bitches in the whole game

Let me ask you a question, do you think Alice could beat Valravn? Deryl? Jake? Michael, or any other superhuman at their respective Level 2? I find it extremely difficult, because while others have the most different abilities, Mc has what can be called one of the most dangerous, adaptability. No matter what kind of situation this bastard finds himself in, he's going to keep fighting until he finds a way to win. Even Deryl, in his monster form and with months of preparation, creating a whole body that exploits all of Mc's weaknesses, he still lost, and just thinking about what he'll be able to do with the Memory Trait well trained, makes me excited.

With all that said, I agree with you, mc doesn't have a style, that's bullshit, nothing that's separated from his body can last long, but, we seem to have seen what looks like some sort of style in the last update, with that eight causes technique

I love you
I agree with everything you said, even though I really like Alice, Deryl and Michael,they would have a hard time defeating a weakened Valravn,imagine a fully recovered one, of course not to mention the damage they would suffer and the time it would take them to recover.At the beginning of the story I thought that the MC had the most normal and common power but as the story progressed the MC proved to be the most difficult opponent to face, imagine you face an opponent who doesn't care how much damage you do to him, always will regeneraten as Valravn himself said "Fight, suffer injuries, see my own body crumble, while my opponent's remains whole, unchanged from the moment this battle began, your skills are truly enviable, to recover so completely, so quickly I would like To be able to do the same, it took many moons to restore my heart to its current weak state.)
the eight tails technique was the highlight for me in this last update
Captura de Tela (26).png

Apr 17, 2024
No...False Memory and Memory Echo are entirely different powers...they don't mix up.
Syla describes False Memories as an ability that's used alongside Memory Echo.

Syla explaining False Memories said:
Mom: Your recent evolution already awakened the power we need. The ability to force memories to the surface of the mind, to make them echo through your head.

You: The memory echo.

Mom: But beyond what you already use that ability for, you need to learn a new technique to use together with it.

Mom: I call it "False Memories".

You: False Memories...

Mom: Mhm! A move I used to use on... People.

Mom: The ability to fake memories within yourself, and when combined with Memory Echo, within your target.
So we have the word of the character who invented the technique that it's not a hard distinction from Memory Echo, but something used together with Memory Echo to expand its capabilities. For that matter, we have a scene where I think you'd agree is indisputably the MC implanting a False Memory, him incepting the S.I.N. agent so she releases him, where he invokes the name "Memory Echo" when implanting them.

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Let me ask you a question, do you think Alice could beat Valravn? Deryl? Jake? Michael, or any other superhuman at their respective Level 2?
I can't see any other level 2 winning against Val. And even with all the regen MC only won because he could turn into liquid when Val used his ultimate attack, draining Val last bit of energy. Even Val was surprised by that so it's probably not that common, not even Ella is shown doing it like MC does.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I can't see any other level 2 winning against Val. And even with all the regen MC only won because he could turn into liquid when Val used his ultimate attack, draining Val last bit of energy. Even Val was surprised by that so it's probably not that common, not even Ella is shown doing it like MC does.
Yup Xanthe pretty much says he only knows a handful of superhumans which could have won against the crow at level 2.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Ella physically can't do it like MC does even at lvl 5. He's simply built different.

Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
Ella physically can't do it like MC does even at lvl 5. He's simply built different.
This
It's why MC will surpass Ella
He has the cheat code that is access to the genetic memory of everything he touches/absorbs so he doesn't have to think about what he's doing
ItJustWorks™
Meanwhile Ella had to grind hard and focus on learning all about anatomy/biology and manually control every cell/organ/part to achieve similar effects
That's why in one of the bad ends she remarks that MC was "perfect from the start"

4.80 star(s) 351 Votes