Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
An air for your thought's on the update?
My thought on the update is that generally it's great and a good ending to the Twins arc.
More specifically: Cole's fight was really awesome and engaging, a bit strange that we beat him while having half of his power levels but I can see it as MC being more skilled and adaptable with his

The design of Cole's 4th evolution is quite fascinating even though I like him without the jaw

The fate of Cole was particular, while from a perspective I find it deserved and perfect from another one I would've preferred having the choice to kill him, even though mid-fight I was starting to doubt it

The rest of the update is good chunk of resolve and decisions that matter just in the short end apart from probably two, not saying it's a bad thing, it's just that I think our dear MC and friends will remain in the beautiful monster world for quite a while, hopefully nurturing the powers and maybe when they get out some will hit the next evolution stage

Apart from these things there are several little things that don't really matter much and seeing as I'm not really a perfect reviewer I'll stop here.

Though the sex scenes were great

• Red Heart
Reactions: -Maniackanime-

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
I think our dear MC and friends will remain in the beautiful monster world for quite a while, hopefully nurturing the powers and maybe when they get out some will hit the next evolution stage

Though the sex scenes were great
A good ol' timeskip would do wonders tbh but knowing that other characters will get powers too (like Emily or Claudia) it probably would be best if the timeskip is done so everyone who will start off late has a chance to at least be stage 3 before MC reaches his fifth. But who knows maybe we get more than one timeskip.

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
Btw do you know if WW uses any app or AI for the early backgrounds? I feel like I've seen the same aesthetic somewhere else and it certainly feels a bit pc generated.

JustADude321

Feb 23, 2018
So, on one hand, Cole's fight leads me to believe that level 4 evolutions work in a similar way to One Piece's awakaned devil fruits, in that they "externalize" powers that are mostly internal and individual. Which leads me to believe that once MC evolves, he could perhaps alter the form of other people and things as well as his own... and maybe alter memories as well which would be fucked up and maybe reserved for 5. This could mean that he could help Liz and Amber separate once more.

Now, on the other hand, the fact that WW explicitly gave Liz and Amber a way to switch between one another, and hinted at them eventually being able to do it without the earring during the Shopkeeper interaction, also kinda leads me to believe that the twins' change is permanent, or at least long term. Either this means that I'm talking out of my ass and the level 4 transformation will evolve MC's powers in some other way, that even if he does evolve in such a way he won't be able to revert Tanos' procedure, or that we're a long, long way from a new evolution.

Or maybe something else entirely, I'm just speculating. Game's great though.

JustADude321

Feb 23, 2018
Btw do you know if WW uses any app or AI for the early backgrounds? I feel like I've seen the same aesthetic somewhere else and it certainly feels a bit pc generated.
Funny, I feel the same way about the latest artworks, definitively not the fight CGs or the weirder stuff but the sex scenes kinda look AI generated to me. I personally don't mind it, he seems to be using his own artwork as training data, and they're not low quality so it doesn't distract me too much aside from a note in my brain, so hey, if it means faster updates I'm all in for it.

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Read what I wrote, that time I was talking about what he did in the fight when the twins were taken. Wich is exactly that, jack and shit. One time being useful does not negate the amount of times he was a useless waste of air or worse.
As MC said - it does not matter. Shen would fuck them up there no matter what Deryl could possibly do there

Reactions: GaRbS

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
Funny, I feel the same way about the latest artworks, definitively not the fight CGs or the weirder stuff but the sex scenes kinda look AI generated to me. I personally don't mind it, he seems to be using his own artwork as training data, and they're not low quality so it doesn't distract me too much aside from a note in my brain, so hey, if it means faster updates I'm all in for it.
It's a 50/50 situation for me. They do look authentic because yeah, he's using his own art. But at the same time all of the models look kind of the same. I did like the new Amber/Liz design after shit happened though, it actually felt different even if the make up is the same for everyone. Maybe it's the ear peeking out from the hair?

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
A good ol' timeskip would do wonders tbh but knowing that other characters will get powers too (like Emily or Claudia) it probably would be best if the timeskip is done so everyone who will start off late has a chance to at least be stage 3 before MC reaches his fifth. But who knows maybe we get more than one timeskip.
itkindadepends.jpg
A timeskip is good to make others or the same MC catch up to the strongest but it's rarely done well, not that I don't trust WW with it but it's kinda a minefield and for that reason I would prefer seeing the various individual struggles and doubts and etc.

My opinion though

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
View attachment 3791776
A timeskip is good to make others or the same MC catch up to the strongest but it's rarely done well, not that I don't trust WW with it but it's kinda a minefield and for that reason I would prefer seeing the various individual struggles and doubts and etc.

My opinion though
Honestly, most of the bad timeskips are because the series were less than decent to begin with.

While there's been a lot of controversy, timeskips shouldn't be a problem unless the author doesn't know what to do with their own story, which tends to happen with long-running series.

But to give a good example, I loved One Piece's timeskip. While I feel the next arcs dropped a bit in terms of quality, the timeskip was very much needed and helped us move forward at a faster pace. It was also refreshing to see the heroes mop the floor with a villain who would have caused a lot of problems if it weren't for the new power-ups.

If you have faith in an author, then timeskips shouldn't scare you. They aren't particularly difficult to pull off.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I would like to point out how many theories the thread guessed right, it's amazing how almost everything people talked here actually happened.

1. Mc rage filled fighting like a beast but having a hard time without a sound mind.
2. Dominating the fight after regaining his cool despite Cole being stronger
3. Despite Cole having an OP weapon still being much inferior to Mc in terms of skill
4. Cole escaping certain death because of an evolution
5. Mc and his friends still being able to pose a threat to Cole even after his evolution
6. Amber/Liz joining the fight and being stronger than usual thanks to twin power
7. Having a different power set and Amber being the one with Strenght Eater powers
8. The whole joined twins situation

Reactions: Viniuchi

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I kinda like how Amber seems to have the more powerful abilities (combat wise and so far at least). Subverts the previous dynamic of Liz being the naturally gifted one. Seeing how the two deal with the reversal could be interesting.

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
View attachment 3791776

My opinion though
Time skip would build a good stage for lvl 4 evolution. Same way as timeskip before battle against Deryl did
Despite Cole having an OP weapon still being much inferior to Mc in terms of skill
Understandable. Ella could teach Cole how to better use his powers but he had nobody who could teach him how to use his arsenal to max effect, how to lern and adapt, anything about tactical thinking (someone like Michael)

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
I kinda like how Amber seems to have the more powerful abilities (combat wise and so far at least). Subverts the previous dynamic of Liz being the naturally gifted one. Seeing how the two deal with the reversal could be interesting.
Amber power is powerful, but Liz can connect two bodies of water. It is not as versatile as Nicole, but it is still an ability that allow oneself to teleport in liquids, or open a gateway to the bottom of the see from a puddle.

If I had to guess, the twins will stay stuck together, but will learn to switch midfight without confusion, or staying conscious when the other is piloting their body

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Lmao, I love it that during the Cole fight you can point out that the dude is pulling more moves out of his ass than Vegeta. That was one hell of a good fight, it's great that you can end it with beating the shit out of him with bare fists, that always was one of my favourite tropes. I am exited to see him again after whatever Tanos will do to him. Hah, maybe the dreams of some in the thread will be fulfilled and he'll get turned into a femboy or a girl.

Sad to see that the planet is going to shit while our guys are camping it out in the monster dimension, though. It would be nice if we fought during the Black Moon or whatever it was. Oh well, I just hope we get to see Bernhard duking it out with someone like Indra after what happened during the bad end.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
if my MC have very high corruption, can i then read the monster texts? What are the disadvantages, currently, for high corruption?

I dont have high corruption PT, i just have low and normal corruption PT

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
I think Superhuman just peaked in terms of battle writing. Would be hard to top that one again, but I felt the same after the Valvarn battle. WW is clearly skilled in writing epic battle sequences.

Kinda iffy about the time skip, I enjoy watching the growth of the characters and the time skip would probably prevent that. However, I must say that I loved the scenes with Amber/Liz and Alice. I think WW has gotten better at writing romance/emotional scenes over time.

Great update all round. Need to play my other saves too, so something to keep me occupied for a week or two. Nice!

4.80 star(s) 366 Votes