JetFuell

Feb 26, 2019
Having finally played the update, i gotta say, Sylla vs Indi fight looks like something written to be peak comedy. Literally the power of Friendship/Nakama vs the power of "No u".

Sylla: "You can't defeat me, this is OUR realm, and you are a mere intruder!"
Indi: "Well i didn't ask for your permission."

Sylla: "Haha i took your powers, get wrecked nerd!"
Indi: "What were my powers again? Eh, whatever-" *Punches her in the face into the mountainside*

Sylla: "I didn't see that attack. So it didn't happen"
Indi: *Casually punches her anyways*

Sylla: "Haha, good job everyone, our ultimate technique worked, he will permanently forget who he is!"
Indi: *Remembers who he is*
Sylla: "How the fuck?"
Indi: "I believe in god and myself, slut. Who do you believe in?"

Sylla: "I'ts over Indi! Our anime intro started playing!"
Indi: "MEMORIAM. AETERNUM. *CHORUS + METAL GUITAR RIFF*"

Sylla: "It's not over guys. We can still do it! One last push, come on, we can't go quietly into that good night!"
Indi: *Grabs a magical shottie and fucking nukes them as soon as they thought they might have a chance*

Like damm its just funny. Literally the entire fight was Indi positively styling on her, every one of her attempts to somehow hurt him being met with "Lol" and perhaps even "Lmao".

Last edited:

JetFuell

Feb 26, 2019
As for the rest of the content, i gotta say, the entire Monster World was insanely beautiful, i've filled most of the save slots with just the background images for good vibes, the art has so vastly improved over the original now that it almost looks like a different game by now. Feels good man.

Also, the Cole v MC (+ Deryl) fight was peak fucking cinema, especially Cole's last moments.
3Cole was completely outmatched despite being more powerful, even with the help of the dagger, and ends up basically praying to the heavens as his spine is slowly severed while MC calls him a fucking rat.
4Cole was an incredibly interesting opponent, we get a glimpse of the real Cole, without the tough guy act, a guy who's genuinely alright, almost normal, even if too irreparably damaged over years of an overwhelming inferiority complex, and even his way of fighting is made better by this peace of mind, proving that if only he had simply gotten over his own shit, he could have been something greater. That is, of course, until MC and Deryl to wreck him bad enough that he quickly reverts back to said "Tough Guy" manchild shell.
At the end, MC and Cole are just slugging it out, both knowing they're pretty fucked, and yet MC is just experiencing pure satisfaction finally truly preservering over someone genuinely much stronger and faster than him, and Cole's mind flashing back to all the painful reminders of how weak he's always been, while cursing at the entire world for the irrevocable truth of his mediocrity despite of all that's happened to him, until the violins suddenly stop as his jaw is fucking crushed into his throat. Author fucking cooked, and it tasted great.

Its also interesting to think of what's gonna happen next. Michael has new variables for how much emotion he has, so i guess we'll probably get a MC vs Michael (Perhaps under command of Power, or of his own will) quite soon. Amber also has a variable for selfishness, but im not sure what story repercussions that might have.
Im really looking forward to the next update. Shen sounds like best villain from his Elijah fight, so i can't wait for the gang vs Shen or MC vs Shen, the twins are interesting because of their strange nature and how they also tie with Amber and Liz, and Tanos is doing Tanos things to Cole (Femme cole when?), and we'll also probably get to see what the eclipse is about. We know that the eye is involved from Dead End 43, along with a bunch of the gods, and theoretically some are descending, so shit is about to get real.

Last edited:

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Eu posso estar sendo paranóico mais só eu vi a cena em que o MC assisti a conversa do Xanthe com o dexter e achei que o pai do Dexter ( tarnic) tinha roubado o corpo dele ? Porque eu achei a risada e o comentário sobre a guerra estranho considerando a que idade do Dexter e em torno dos 50 anos ele não teria participado da guerra eu acho. Desculpa pelos erros de ortografia não falo inglês
Já tinham comentado isso sobre como a forma que Dexter falou parecia como se ele estivesse falando dele mesmo e que ele na verdade seria Tarnic, mas não tem comprovação nisso até o momento.
A propósito parece que as regras do fórum dizem que é preciso escrever a tradução se você fizer um comentário em outra língua, então só abre o Google tradutor manda lá e joga aqui.

I answered in Portuguese because he said he doesn't understand English so here is the translation for everyone.
People already commented here about how the way Dexter talked sounded as if he was talking about himself and that he was actually Tarnic, but we don't have confirmation until the moment.
By the way it seems that the rules of the forum say that you need to include a translation if you make a comment in another language, so just open Google translate send it there and them here.
Amigo, o pessoal aqui só fala Inglês, use um tradutor para conversar, como o Deepl

Friend, the people here only speak English, use a translator to chat, like Deepl
É nóis Brasil!
Yeah, i can see something fucked like that, maybe Tiffany wants to kill her dad because she knows he will take her body too? Crazy theory time.

davie2404

Jul 27, 2023
Will there ever be an option to unlock the entire gallary? I want to complete the game in my own way, but I also don't feel like going on a scavenger hunt, or spending hours going through the walkthrough after I finish the game to get all the scenes I missed. I'm still at an early point in the game, but I'm noticing just how many scenes I'm missing due to them being blurred out, and just want to satisfy my curiosity (and horniness) without replaying the game.
search for Universal gallery unlocker , download it and put it into your game folder.unlocks all scenes.

Pedrogames2001BR

Aug 22, 2024
Well, seeing as Syla seemed to find Henri in his real form terrifying, I would say she's below the Big 3 of HERO. However, she's probably above most of the other Level 5s as a Chosen. Especially those who don't have any powers related to the Immaterial World. Seeing as Eisheth stomped Elijah and Kira. Syla would make light work of most of them. Not even Nico wanted to fight the A Rank M43 and Syla is pretty much a S+ Rank Matriarch of them all.

So I would say she's not top 5, but she could make the cut of Top 10. The Top 5, for me, currently are Aglaecwif, Bernhardt, Henri, Malik and Indra, in no order. Excluding Apostles and God's obviously.
"Don't forget, Valravn is mentioned in the conversation between Syla and Valravn, where he and Indra were responsible for killing most of the chosen ones. Valravn is only weakened at the moment, but he's regaining his power."

Pedrogames2001BR

Aug 22, 2024
After this update, my perspective on memory powers has shifted, especially after observing the fight between Indra and Syla. It makes me wonder if Syla can tap into the collective mind. Could the MC (main character) do the same, perhaps after evolving to level 4 or training his memory powers? I remember reading in Hero's library about artifacts that corrupt monsters, making them stronger, and that they shared a collective mind. The MC might be able to use this somehow. Also, we still don't know why S.I.N is after the artifacts, and there's still the mystery of the stone fingers the MC found in the game, which remains unresolved."

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
"Don't forget, Valravn is mentioned in the conversation between Syla and Valravn, where he and Indra were responsible for killing most of the chosen ones. Valravn is only weakened at the moment, but he's regaining his power."
I didn't forget. He's either 6th or 7th for me. Behind Rebis or above him. Killing other Chosen doesn't really give much details without knowing exactly which ones they killed beyond Syla and previous 3rd Chosen. It's like saying Level 4 Ella is stronger than Val when he didn't have his heart and couldn't use his full powers. Context is needed. We saw Indra kill Syla. Valravn, we haven't saw anything yet,

Not to mention, Indra is also an Avatar of the 2nd. There's no telling how powerful he really is or his weapons.

Reactions: SquallofNight

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
I'd of want that to be true, the evolution process is a big deal and the idea that you can skip it with a serum (even with the cap) takes away from the difficulty others go through.

I understand why it was added, it was to allow main characters who got powers later to stay relevant, but still.

Although I think a good addition would be the serum requires the sacrifice of a Superhuman of the level you are going to, it would explain it's rarity and it wouldn't feel like a cheap power up.
Thought for a while that this will become an issue with Michael later. If it's revealed that using the serum puts a ceiling on your potential he's not going to be a happy camper

dragonlord6789

Aug 10, 2022
Considering, it's only been a month, since Evander and Devana, were kidnapped and their lives were completely changed, is it possible that Evander is still processing the changes? That, unlike his sister he has yet to fully come to terms with how he should feel about it, and how he should live his life going forward?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SquallofNight

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
True, I agree with you, but we cannot deny that Valravn is a Chosen, and that alone puts him on a high level, since the Chosen monsters we've seen so far are S+. Not to mention, Valravn tells Syla that he would have protected her if she had asked him, and Valravn surely knows Indra and how powerful he was. I'm not saying that he should be more powerful than Indra, but power doesn't decide everything in a fight. The fact that both Valravn and Indra killed most of the Chosen monsters, who were certainly S+, already shows that he is definitely not weak, and that alone is an accomplishment. Also, Valravn's power would be very useful against Indra, since his black miasma can negate or block, as it did with the MC's regeneration. Maybe it can do the same with energy? And yes, I think Ella would be stronger than Valravn in his weakened state, since to defeat Valravn, she and her children had to steal his heart during the ritual, and even then, it surely wasn't easy to defeat him, judging by Cole's expression when she said she had released Valravn
Who said I was denying anything? Just because I don't rank Valravn in my top 5 or highly like you doesn't mean I'm denying him of his statements. Your thoughts are inline with my own but you're going in the wrong direction with it.

I know Valravn is a Chosen of the 7th. I know he's killed 3 Chosen just like Indra. My point was, we don't know how he went about it and who he killed beyond the 3rd Apostle's Chosen. Valravn power negation isn't the end all be all. If it was, there would be no Valravn. I'm also pretty sure Indra, being millions of years older than him, knows full and well how to counter his power with weapons.

I have no reason to downplay Indra, who didn't show anything beyond his base abilities that caused full power Syla to struggle. I didn't forget anything about Valravn. Those things just doesn't change his ranking for me until I actually have a reason to change it. Like I said with the Ella part. We don't know how he killed the other Chosen. Ella herself could've killed Valravn and without knowing any context, we could've assumed she was one of the strongest Chosen. Context changed that and we learned he was weakened via losing his heart.

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
Thought for a while that this will become an issue with Michael later. If it's revealed that using the serum puts a ceiling on your potential he's not going to be a happy camper
There is definitely, 100%, nothing inherently wrong with the serum. It's literally just the method of overexposure to monster material which the MC underwent to reach level 3.

The only problem with the serum is that to reach level 5, you're supposed to fulfill certain prerequisites. There's three possible explanations for the difference in power between the big three and the other level 5s.
1) Fulfilling those prerequisites gives you power or extra abilities, like Ella's eyes.
2) Evolving to level 5 without fulfilling those prerequisites gives you a flawed evolution.
3) There's something extraordinary about Henri, Bernhardt, and Malik.

Whatever the case, if the big three used the serum to reach level 5 (assuming they had fulfilled the prerequisites if those are the reason for their power), they would just as powerful as they are currently.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Who said I was denying anything? Just because I don't rank Valravn in my top 5 or highly like you doesn't mean I'm denying him of his statements. Your thoughts are inline with my own but you're going in the wrong direction with it.

I know Valravn is a Chosen of the 7th. I know he's killed 3 Chosen just like Indra. My point was, we don't know how he went about it and who he killed beyond the 3rd Apostle's Chosen. Valravn power negation isn't the end all be all. If it was, there would be no Valravn. I'm also pretty sure Indra, being millions of years older than him, knows full and well how to counter his power with weapons.

I have no reason to downplay Indra, who didn't show anything beyond his base abilities that caused full power Syla to struggle. I didn't forget anything about Valravn. Those things just doesn't change his ranking for me until I actually have a reason to change it. Like I said with the Ella part. We don't know how he killed the other Chosen. Ella herself could've killed Valravn and without knowing any context, we could've assumed she was one of the strongest Chosen. Context changed that and we learned he was weakened via losing his heart.
I only have a couple additions to this for consideration.

Both Valravn and Indra hunt other Chosen. Neither shy away from a fight. Valravn explicitly does not fear Indra since he offered to protect Syla from him. Logic dictates that they would be among the first pairings to clash in combat, yet both still live. Either they are too evenly matched to bother and have decided to leave each other for last as some highlander style duel, or the 7th and 2nd are in cahoots and have explicitly forbidden them to fight for now and kill everyone else first.

Don't know for sure what's going on there but these 2 and Aglae are up there high in power levels. Will be cool to see them go all out against some shmucks.

bfc233

Jul 31, 2023
So, it's been a while since I've first seen this.
And after ruining both my last weekend, my sleep schedule and my performance at work for the past days, I've come back to consider why I didn't try this sooner.
Until I looked through the thread and remembered.
You are all a bunch of fucking weirdos at the best of times. Even considering where we are.

With that out of the way, this has been an incredible ride and I am impressed with WW's skills with the simplest and most important technique for telling stories: foreshadowing. Up until now almost everything that happens in the game up to this point can basically be inferred from the first arc if you're attentive enough.

Still, if I picked this up during the dreamworld cliffhanger, I likely wouldn't have pushed through afterwards. Cole20.jpg hit way too damn hard.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As a closing statement: I absolutely want Steven's side story. A road trip of two veterans, one a police man and one shady as fuck, and an overpowered fairy in a world of monsters and superhumans to sort shit out for their superpowered kids just sounded increasingly hilarious ever since the fairy turned out to be a distant but very fussy parent to Alice.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I think the main requisite for a natural lv5 evolution is to constantly punch above your weigth.
Ella doll kinda referred to it in her conversation with MC after the Cole fight.

MC is perfectly in line with that prerequisite:
  • lv1 MC defeated lv2 Danica
  • lv2 MC defeated weakened S class chosen Valravan
  • lv2 MC defeated monsterfied lv3 Deryl
  • lv3 MC defeated lv4 Cole

Meanwhile Michael defeated Deryl's chimera while at lv1 which would probably be categorized as B tier monster.
But more importantly he holds a card that basically nobody else have. Human Michael defeated class C M59 before even becoming a Superhuman. Don't worry about him, he's doing alright.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
There is definitely, 100%, nothing inherently wrong with the serum. It's literally just the method of overexposure to monster material which the MC underwent to reach level 3.
It's to early to say that for sure, what the MC went through was a much more organic and fitting evolution, swimming through a sea of flesh and being overwhelmed by memories.

Here's a potential plot twist, he's not given one because if he did, he would know it's made through sacrifice by gaining the memories of the sacrificed, the excuse for why he couldn't have one, was just to avoid him finding out.

shujuku

Oct 11, 2023
I think the main requisite for a natural lv5 evolution is to constantly punch above your weigth.
Ella doll kinda referred to it in her conversation with MC after the Cole fight.

Meanwhile Michael defeated Deryl's chimera while at lv1 which would probably be categorized as B tier monster.
But more importantly he holds a card that basically nobody else have. Human Michael defeated class C M59 before even becoming a Superhuman. Don't worry about him, he's doing alright.
Michael killed C M59 BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING BEAST.

Mistwing

Sep 29, 2020
I'd of want that to be true, the evolution process is a big deal and the idea that you can skip it with a serum (even with the cap) takes away from the difficulty others go through.

I understand why it was added, it was to allow main characters who got powers later to stay relevant, but still.

Although I think a good addition would be the serum requires the sacrifice of a Superhuman of the level you are going to, it would explain it's rarity and it wouldn't feel like a cheap power up.
This is a compelling idea but almost certainly not true. WW is often very sensible in the world building and especially when it comes to HERO and Bramon Xanthe. They are ruthless but sensible. So this seems... unlikely.

Firstly, it'd make no sense mathematically speaking. Level fives are rare, powerful, and essentially the main thing that HERO as an organization relies on. The rest are canon-fodder, or damn near. Any level five is someone that's managed to reach that level (which is not guaranteed even with the serum. Few reach level four, and the serum can fail. Ella got extremely lucky, it's supposed to be tailored. Which Xanthe tells you when discussing methods of evolution and explaining why yours was kind of a wild card) and has experience with their power and is an asset to the organization (There are only 12 level fives, remember) that's basically priceless.

Sacrificing a level 5 to make a new one (and potentially failing!) is like trading in a winning lottery ticket for another that's PROBABLY going to win and might win less even if it does.

Secondly, exposure to SUPERHUMAN material does not seem to have the same effect. Deryl was fully monsterified at the time.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I only have a couple additions to this for consideration.

Both Valravn and Indra hunt other Chosen. Neither shy away from a fight. Valravn explicitly does not fear Indra since he offered to protect Syla from him. Logic dictates that they would be among the first pairings to clash in combat, yet both still live. Either they are too evenly matched to bother and have decided to leave each other for last as some highlander style duel, or the 7th and 2nd are in cahoots and have explicitly forbidden them to fight for now and kill everyone else first.

Don't know for sure what's going on there but these 2 and Aglae are up there high in power levels. Will be cool to see them go all out against some shmucks.
Maybe, maybe not. I do however still see Indra killing a Level 5 Superhuman of HERO. Don't know which it will be, but I have a feeling one of them getting snuffed out by him.

Though, potentially with Nyx mark on them, I don't think anyone at HERO is getting permanently killed. Well, unless Indra can undo her mark. He does seem to be able to use other abilities like sealing and branding.

You made a few mistakes here.

Level 2 MC didn't beat "Level 3" Deryl. His Monster form was C+, which is within the range of Level 2. Not to mention, it was a tie. His rank can be found in Deryl's profile cards. However, Level 3 MC fought and defeated the B+ Rebis Deryl. Who's rank can also be found in the character cards.

Michael also didn't kill any B Class monsters. Deryl's Chimeras are C Class or Level 2 as well. Also found in his character cards.

As for Ella's statement. I don't think it can be applied to all superhuman evolutions, universally. Especially when there's only 3 Natural Level 5 Superhumans in the game and that list doesn't include her at all. Everyone has their own requirements. If it was straightforward as consistently killing stronger enemies above their level, there would be plenty of natural Level 5 Superhumans.

Reminder, there's 13 known Level 5 Superhumans and only 3 of them are Natural. At most, Ella's statement could mean you gain more power, resistance and durability upon reach Level 5. It being the main requirement doesn't seem right because Malik and Bernhardt didn't have many strong monsters roaming back then. According to Xanthe, the monsters only start popping up frequently recently.

4.80 star(s) 367 Votes