Mod Ren'Py Abandoned SuperPowered: Avoiding NTR [v0.22.1] [Charolastra]

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I don't get it. In the game files the characters are "Name.rpa ", but in the mod files the characters are "Char_name.rpy". Different file types and different file names. How are we supposed to replace the existing files? Rename the mod files? Move them and delete the old ones?
All you need to do is put the .rpy files in the correct folders (usually happens when you extract the mod) and the game will use that .rpy file you added instead of the old one inside the .rpa.

FYI - rpa files Ren'Py archive files - kinda like a zip but not compressed - and they have several files inside, in case you're wondering about the size difference too.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
All you need to do is put the .rpy files in the correct folders (usually happens when you extract the mod) and the game will use that .rpy file you added instead of the old one inside the .rpa.

FYI - rpa files Ren'Py archive files - kinda like a zip but not compressed - and they have several files inside, in case you're wondering about the size difference too.
Thank you for your quick response. I must just not know what I'm doing. I put those files in, they created "Char_name.rpyc" files and the game just crashes on start up. (this is after I had already installed the "getlucky" mod.. or at least the script.rpa part).

There is a "func_definitions.py" file in another folder in the mod... I'm sure that must go somewhere, btu I have no clue.

Things like this really need to come with a step by step set of instructions for people like me who are clueless :)

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Thank you for your quick response. I must just not know what I'm doing. I put those files in, they created "Char_name.rpyc" files and the game just crashes on start up. (this is after I had already installed the "getlucky" mod.. or at least the script.rpa part).

There is a "func_definitions.py" file in another folder in the mod... I'm sure that must go somewhere, btu I have no clue.

Things like this really need to come with a step by step set of instructions for people like me who are clueless :)
Check the mod thread - I wrote a better explanation there & let me know if the guy who wrote the mod can't get you sorted so I can lend a hand.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Check the mod thread - I wrote a better explanation there & let me know if the guy who wrote the mod can't get you sorted so I can lend a hand.
I did and have not received any answers. Putting the rpy files in the game folder leads to crashing on start up.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I did and have not received any answers. Putting the rpy files in the game folder leads to crashing on start up.
I haven't touched this game except to compress it, or the mod.

Let's give the mod dev a bit to address it so I don't hijack and Monday morning quarterback his/her mod. ;)

jonexhd

Jan 25, 2018
Is the mod still working? It seems that when I use this mod with GetLucky, the game just crashed.

Gamer_Dan92

Apr 26, 2018
I got the dark one but didn't see where to replace the files as none of the ones I had had similar names or format. I just dragged the folders into the game folder. Hopefully it works that way ^^

LariatQ

Apr 30, 2017
Sorry, it's impossible to avoid NTR with your mom. Because it's your MOM who already "cucked" you with your dad to create you.

It's really stupid how people no longer understand what NTR means.

I don't think you would have been watching, while your mom "cucked" you with your dad, to create you. Out of sight, out of mind.

ezprodigy

Jun 8, 2017
I actually dont understand how to install this, there is no Char folder in the game folder at all and none of the files can be replaced with anything

Reactions: Gagi114

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I actually dont understand how to install this, there is no Char folder in the game folder at all and none of the files can be replaced with anything
You have been here more than a few months but lets hand hold here :)

is essential for all rpy games
Keep it simple put unren in same folder as game exe hit enter on unren or left click it
Chose option 1, then rinse repeat for option 2 then 3
Now the issue you have is no longer an issue

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
I just tried this out with v0.29 and it crashed. Maybe this mod can be developed further? I would love this game so much if it had 99% less grinding and no NTR. Hell, I'd contribute to a Patreon just for the person who kept modding it like that up-to-date.

tinman18

Dec 27, 2018
To the OP thank you very much for this mod. It's exactly what this game needs.
I just wanted to express my appreciation.
Also, would it be possible for you to upgrade it to the newest version of the game?
Thanks.

Reactions: ubblesnop

Ceres82

Oct 28, 2017
An update to this mod would be amazing. I've had an interest in Superpowered for some time now, but the NTR always ends up causing me to pass it by. Your mod is the perfect fix for my issue with the game but seeing as it's not compatible with the latest version. I think I'm not the only one who wants to have an NTR free play of Superpowered in its current state.

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
I've abandoned renpy games for a while and this one was taking a place of very limited renpy games that I actually played through. The last time I played this game was, steph was having sex with fred(I think? the dorky guy) and that got turn me off, since than I wasn't playing the game. It woul be cool to get this one updated or if anyone knows how to make it up to date by ourselves..