Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Marking this as Onhold til more info can be confirmed.

Reactions: Phanex

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Azteca 08/30/2020
I seriously apologize for the delay - now is the last days of the beta test, I am developing the ability for characters to move around locations and a quick menu.
unknown.png hug_3_front_033706.png belly_react_sub_y_160149.png hug_1_front_035224.png aP9zABhcB60.png

Game is just - OnHold........ for Now?

Ps. myuhinny - you sure do change avatars alot - lol

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight and Omik

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Suspicious [v0.20] [Azteca] - Unofficial Compressed Ver.

Original Size: 2.34 GB

Compressed PC Size: 214.2 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 199.9 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Cons: freakin'sandbox
extremely annoying muzak , that can't be turned off.
grindy graphics
static behaviour
no excitiment whatsoever

Pros: can't make some up

My conclusion: I pass and have deleted the lot

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
#1 I like sandbox - when it's done correctly.

I just started playing and finished the prologue, so I cannot say if it's a good sandbox or not, but I'd like to give a quick feedback Azteca:
- Found a minor graphics glitch here: screenshot0001.png
- The text speed is inconsistent. I always set text speed to instant, here I can only set it to 210, which is ok, but still every now and then the text comes in very slowly. For example here: screenshot0002.png
- Rollback issue found: screenshot0003.png
- At startup I can change the music setting, but after starting the game this is ignored and after the prologue you can "mute all", but otherwise the music volume setting is ignored.
- The writing is very rough and the prologue raises more questions than it answers, but I'm still willing to play a bit longer. Will probably post more feedback later or tomorrow.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
btw nopy link is dead

This page isn’t working
eu-cache1.files.nopy.to didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Grimtown

There could be a rollback prevention bracket in the script file in that spot that prevents you from rolling back. I have run across some games that do this and place them before and after responses/multiple response options to prevent you from rolling back and selecting something else. To allow the rolling back a person has to delete out those rollback prevention brackets.

Sounds like the text speed is hard coded into one of the script files and the really slow spot might have something placed there to control the text speed for that spot. Check the script.rpy and then option.rpy for the text file speed I think fastest is 0. Find where the test is for the really slow spot and check it and see if it's got something there making it slower then delete it out.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
There could be a rollback prevention
Yes, seems rollback is completely prevented by design once the sandbox mode starts (after the prologue).

Sounds like the text speed is hard coded into one of the script files and the really slow spot might have something placed there to control the text speed for that spot.
That's what I think. I'm not going to change it, it was merely a feedback to Azteca that I don't like my preferences to be ignored or overridden. Makes me like a game much less when that happens. It suggests I am in control, but then takes it away at will. Not very promising. Same with the music volume control.

Played a few minutes more and have found another minor bug in the shop: The number of items doesn't reset after buying.

The game doesn't catch me so far. Will give it another chance tomorrow.

Last edited:

Alextsai

May 1, 2018
btw nopy link is dead

This page isn’t working
eu-cache1.files.nopy.to didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

the link is working for me BUT i think NOPY has been having issues recently , the download speeds are super slow

2.30 star(s) 18 Votes