Azteca

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2018
Please give the player the option to rename the mc in the begging of the game. forced default mc names ruin the emersion for some of us. :FacePalm:
Oh, is it really such a problem? Hmm, well, I'll try to fix it, but I'm not sure if I can. I've already done a big part of the code and dialogs with the default name. Let me see what can be done, but I can't promise anything. If it's too difficult and takes a week to implement, I'd rather work on other aspects of the game that require improvement ><
However, if many people really want it, I can spend a week on it ^^

Azteca

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2018
View attachment 2576154
My game after this Scene is Broken, I tried with a new save and the same thing happens.

This is the Code :

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1984, in script call
    call defshtuki from _call_defshtuki
  File "game/bed.rpy", line 467, in script call
    call defshtuki from _call_defshtuki_1
  File "game/rubi.rpy", line 681, in script call
    call girlmenu from _call_girlmenu_37
  File "game/bed.rpy", line 184, in script call
    call healthdown from _call_healthdown_1 #from _call_healthdown_16
  File "game/bathroom.rpy", line 73, in script call
    call healthdown from _call_healthdown_5 #from _call_healthdown_10
  File "game/elize.rpy", line 4616, in script call
    call girlmenu from _call_girlmenu_13
  File "game/elize.rpy", line 9737, in script
    python:
  File "game/elize.rpy", line 9739, in <module>
    pikcha2 = renpy.random.randint(1,4)  # move randint call here to avoid repetition
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1984, in script call
    call defshtuki from _call_defshtuki
  File "game/bed.rpy", line 467, in script call
    call defshtuki from _call_defshtuki_1
  File "game/bed.rpy", line 184, in script call
    call healthdown from _call_healthdown_1 #from _call_healthdown_16
  File "game/bathroom.rpy", line 73, in script call
    call healthdown from _call_healthdown_5 #from _call_healthdown_10
  File "game/elize.rpy", line 4616, in script call
    call girlmenu from _call_girlmenu_13
  File "game/elize.rpy", line 9737, in script
    python:
  File "D:\----------\--------------\Suspicious-0.29\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\---------\-----------\Suspicious-0.29\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/elize.rpy", line 9739, in <module>
    pikcha2 = renpy.random.randint(1,4)  # move randint call here to avoid repetition
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 242, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 216, in randrange
  File "D:\-----------\-----------\Suspicious-0.29\renpy\python.py", line 969, in random
    log.current.random.append(rv)
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Suspicious 0.29
God, this bug. I thought I had completely fixed it. Please send me your save file with the bug. I will release a hotfix as soon as I can ><

Azteca

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2018
throw this file with a replacement in the "game" folder
And could you please tell me if this helped and if it fixed the bug?? ><

Reactions: peperondana

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Oh, is it really such a problem? Hmm, well, I'll try to fix it, but I'm not sure if I can. I've already done a big part of the code and dialogs with the default name. Let me see what can be done, but I can't promise anything. If it's too difficult and takes a week to implement, I'd rather work on other aspects of the game that require improvement ><
I'm with you Azteca. Renaming the MC, to me, isn't as important as creating newer content, but if the masses want to name a fictional character, so be it. ;)

• Red Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: kros94 and Azteca

Azteca

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2018
it works thanks
Oh great! Thank you so much for letting me know about the bug and verifying that it's been fixed! You're my savior!! ^^ I'll make a hotfix and update all versions by the end of today so that this bug won't be anywhere for sure ><

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
you might be able to use WordPads search replace and cut and past to help save time and effort

Reactions: Azteca

Azteca

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2018
you might be able to use WordPads search replace and cut and past to help save time and effort
Thanks! Well, yes, that's clear. The problem is that I have a lot of semi-randomized dialogs through Python, and I cannot insert a variable into them, so I need to somehow modify them, that is, consider each case separately.

2.30 star(s) 18 Votes