VN - Ren'Py - Completed - SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

1. 2.00 star(s)

user_69

This should really be re categorized as abandoned. You wouldn't call one chapter of a book complete, would you? That's pretty much what we've got here. It's very misleading to tag it as complete.

Overall, the game is alright. The writing is pretty good, but the renders are a bit crunchy at times, and there are lots of typos. It probably would have been a great game if it had more than one introductory chapter's worth of content. As it stands now, though, it's not worth playing.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Fcvt34

Cool concept, executed poorly in my opinion and quite short. Sparse dialogue, plenty of typos, sparse "action," and sex animations were subpar.

Worst of all, for me, was that I went through this game under the impression it was a finished story and found it was in fact, literally, an unfinished and abandoned story. It's ~30 minutes of character and story establishment without any payoff, the exact thing I wanted to avoid by searching for "completed" games.

Read through the comments and while I understand the technical arguments as to why this game is marked as "complete," it's nevertheless frustrating.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

brumnayan

Abandonware in the guise of a completed intro chapter. Good characters and concept, that essentially is all promise and kinda no payoff.

The "game" is maybe 1-2 hours of dialogue, assuming you check out multiple options. After that its wait for ep2! forever. 2 stars might be overly harsh, but I filtered by completed game being sick of the "all premise no payoff" abandoned ideas. This was just one more of them, although a bit higher quality, hense the 2nd star.

In the words of admiral ackbar, "Its a trap!"
  4. 5.00 star(s)

sk thunder

I should give a zero star. Where's episode 2 and further maybe . The writing is so good that I collected quotations from the script.Democracy is the antithesis of order.
    I see it's been four fucking years. So, nobody is going to hear me.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Shinkhi

... Wait what?
    I mean, I was expecting a fine adult game in the star wars universe.
    Instead, I got an interesting and developed story, allies and enemies with a background, funny-but-not-annoying sidekicks, nice visuals, and i'm now craving for episode 2 ?! It's a tr-

It's short and got no music, and despite it, it's a hard recommandation on my part. Hehe, hard *throat clearing*
  6. 5.00 star(s)

AlexMpog

Engaging story in my favorite universe of Star Wars. Great renders and beautiful models.
    I enjoyed playing it very much, writing is also very solid.
    That's a pity we are not going to get next part in near future.
    Gonna enjoy other Dev's games in a meantime.

P.S. The only weird thing in a game was MC's fixation on anal, it's really strange, especially for a virgin, but whatever.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Hooties

The game is short but if you love star wars that this game is a must play. Great looking characters and beautiful aliens chick makes this game unique and worth playing for scenes with them :). A plot and narrative are not that great but if you are for scenes than i recomend to play it.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Gerhaydes

I don't know why it's tagged 'Completed' when it's definitely an abandoned VN. The actual story isn't bad, but it isn't much more than just an epilogue. Only took about 2 hours to beat. The girls seem halfway interesting, but you don't really get to learn too much about them before it ends. Main character is uglier than all get out though.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Etep Zenitram

Great beginings to Star Wars story. I love the art as well makes me fill like I'm in the Star Wars universe. I hope they can continue what they have started because I'm eager to exprience more of this story.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Hirshum23

Been a while since I played it. Naturally, since it was Star Wars I was pretty excited about it. The game was exceptional in a lot of ways but turned out to be a disappointment. Not that I wouldn't recommend playing it. It was a great game while it lasted. The game just isn't really complete. The game is actually a really short story that suggests and hints there is a lot more to it than there really is. I must have played through this game 3 or 4 times before I figured out that was it. The main girl in the game is the twilek. She is a beautiful character and chose to be with her my first play-through, but when the ending came there were a lot and I mean a lot of unanswered questions. So my play-throughs thereafter focused on different choices trying to achieve different endings but it all relatively came down to the same pattern. Go to the sex resort, make a choice of who to spend your time with, Maybe get a sex scene with someone you know or a random whore, then everyone leaves, followed up with a character, that u meet earlier in the game that just gives me bad vibes from start to finish, saying some cryptic and suggested evil shit.

GOOD:
    -Gorgeous character models.
    -Great sex
    -Great all be it a limited story.
    -There is a Jedi (so sweet)
    -Romancing the twilek is really the only viable play-through.

BAD:
    -Romancing the twilek is really the only viable play-through.
    -Honestly from what I can remember the twilek route is the only one that really felt fleshed out. The game tempts you with other characters. Especially that Jedi. But you get mostly nothing from them. It's a disgrace if you ask me.
    -That Jedi. Felt like she gave the cold shoulder throughout every play-through. When I stopped trying to get in her pants, I figured hey maybe she could teach me the force. I think there might be one scene of training if that. Very disappointing really and then she disappears with Mr. creeps I mentioned earlier at the resort. I spent a lot of my playthroughs trying to see what they were discussing or even doing. Never got an answer, but my sneaking suspicion since it was a sex resort, and the Jedi looked like she needed a good fucking, was that she was probably doing some pretty unjedi things if you know what I mean.
    -You realize wait a minute, This is basically a sex resort. If I don't spend time with the girl I like here, she is probably being given another person here to give her a good pounding. Honestly this realization kind of ruined the game for me even more.
    -I felt like the sex resort was meant to distract you. The more I experimented to try and figure out what was going on here behind the scenes and why the Jedi wanted to go here in the first place, the more they would throw a whore at my feet to keep me distracted. Seriously, I spent a playthrough trying to get the least amount of pussy possible, so I could remain unattached at the resort and hopefully get an option to do some sleuthing on Mr. Creeps. But no the game was like, here's a whore, distract yourself. Can't remember if you can decline, but sufficient enough to say. The only variant in endings you get is basically who you romanced. Mr. Creeps seems to win no matter what.
    -Damn you Mr. Creeps. I know you're a bad guy, but I have no idea why you're the bad guy.
    -Game ended on a cliffhanger really. With no real answers but the ending was wrapped up in a nice little bow, so there's that at least.

I FORGET:
    -Pretty much anything else I haven't mentioned. Be it Music, grammar, or anything else. Not sure so my rating is not based on this category.

3.5-4 stars out of 5. The game could have been perfect. I just think it ended too shortly with a lot of unanswered questions, and a lot of unfulfilled routes.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Spranky

Remember you need to know basic Star Wars lore to enjoy this game, and consider that this is episode 1 and there is no following...
    What I like:
    ->nice
    ->models
    ->story
    ->very nice

What I dislike:
    ->the alien lady has some sort of tentacles i dislike, I´m not racist, my best friend is a zabrak
  12. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

I'm loving this! I really enjoy Star Wars stories that sort of peel back the curtain on all the heroics and show the real lives of people in the galaxy and the trauma caused by the empire and batshit Jedi order. I totally love these characters, everything is top notch here. I haven't even finished the playthrough yet but this deserves no less than five stars! I haven't seen your other VNs but I definitely will be checking them out. :love:(y)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

LickenFinger

Disappointed that this was never finished because the concept and the story were great. Most of the graphics and animations were great. The dialog kept me interested. I did play all the paths I think but I really wish there was a harem path.

But again the ending was sudden but even so, I still enjoyed playing it. I probably would not have played it if it as listed as Abandoned so I am glad it was listed as Completed instead.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 584668

I respect dev's choice and know I'm just repeating what many have said but I really hope we get more installments. This game is a fucking gem. The women are beautiful with distinct and charming personalities, the visuals are high quality, and the story is exciting. Dev's made something special here.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Velrix

Boring, only one sex scene with a whore and another without the MC. No scene with the principal characters...
    Completed serioulsly ?

The story Could be interresting if it was really finished because for now it's just the introduction of every characters and the END.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

GuT-Media

(y) A really fantastic adaptation. With very good pictures.
    Especially the render style I like very much.
    A little hairy, but is okay :LOL:

I wonder where you got all the awesome SW models from. My database is filled with SciFi models, but only a fraction of them would be suitable for SW.

:cry: Unfortunately a little very short the first part. A continuation would be absolutely worthwhile here.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

xa0

Really great game made in one of the best universes for sexy games.

Models, animations, story, characters personalities... Excelent.

Too bad that you could spend time with only one person at a time and miss all the other events. I think there should be choice left to player (participating in all possible ecounters or some of them or one or any at all).

And despite being "Completed" it's just one chapter. Ending when story gets really interesting.

Still definitely good game worth playing.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

allybally

Really cool renders and nice characters. The Storytelling is imho very good.
    I also liked the Star-Wars-Atmosphere, which feels real present.
    A Harem possibility would be nice.

One of my absolutely favorites.
    I hope the developer continues the Story.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

skidaddle.010

Amazing game with many good characters and story being good aswell and them hot scenes that were great. Cant wait for the next part great job on this game. It had adventure, suspense, hot moments etc.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

skaisher

Review for v1.0

This game has some good elements, but falls short due to some design choices in my opinion.

The writing is pretty good.
    The graphics are mostly good, though I feel like Jiljoo could use some improvement during the sex scenes.
    It doesn't need any quality of life improvements as far as I can find, it's work well for the most part.

That said, there are issues:
    There is no music and a general lack of sound design. Some characters make noises, which slows down the dialogue, but you can't understand them anyway.

It's only episode 1, which really just sets up for a bigger story. some people might not care, but I would much rather see this as version 0.1 then have a bunch of separate episodes.

You can miss most of the scenes in this game. There is 1 scene everyone sees, but beyond that it's up to the choices you make. You have to go only for 1 girl to see their scenes, if you don't you end up having only 1 scene with a character that's not part of the main cast.

The branching story is just annoying. Just let me have sex with multiple girls in one play through. Now I'm just skipping dialogue to play all the paths.

Skipping caused the game to crash multiple times.

Overall it's not bad, but I won't come back to it. 3/5