Unity Abandoned Sweet Devil Hunter [v1.2.2] [GentleWhiteCat]

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
But there is a VR tag.
That's because the creators are planning to implement a VR mode in this game, which will take fucking forever if he still continues to get sidetracked. For now, the only VR games you can play are the ones in his Patreon page as a bonus reward for subscribers.

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
Sweet Devil Hunter ver 1.2.2 has been released.

This version includes:
- An update to a new bonus scene
- An addition of an auto camera function(whatever that means)

Yet again, no gameplay involved. A sad day for SDH fans. I think I need to move away from this game for the meantime until such a prominent update has surfaced.

Reactions: Watters and JhonLui

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
So apparently, 1.2.2 is the last version for this style of Sweet Devil Hunter. GentleWhiteCat has announced that he'll be starting on a remake of this game with a new high definition render pipeline(HDRP) to make the characters shading and textures much more realistic and a brand new ARPG architecture. So far, all of the updates up to this point all lead to the fact that he has given up with this old version and will make the same game only with a rewritten story, updated rendering pipeline, and a new ARPG architecture that he recently has been studying on.

In my opinion, it would've been nice if he just simply stop making any progress to this game and announced it way back when he gave up on making gameplay. Like my previous comment, I will have to give up on this game until there is actual gameplay progress in any of its future updates. But I will keep an eye out on the prototype of the remake once it comes out to see what big difference that the old game compares to the new one.

Reactions: Qamar

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Honestly I don't see the point in giving an "anime game" a more realistic graphic...
anyway gameplay-wise any changes could only be better

Reactions: Qamar and jttth

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
Honestly I don't see the point in giving an "anime game" a more realistic graphic...
anyway gameplay-wise any changes could only be better
I agree. Doing that would just simply break what an anime game is meant to be. And that is to be an anime. The problem with this mentality is that he treats MMD as a form of anime, which is fine because it is meant to capture dance moves using anime models. But MMD nowadays uses high res textures and realistic shading rather than cel shading. Whatever the case maybe, using a high definition rendering pipeline does not make the game visually better.

Still waiting if there are any proper updates to gameplay, because the fact that there has been nothing but sex and dancing has forced me to abandon this game until something peaked my interest.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
I agree. Doing that would just simply break what an anime game is meant to be. And that is to be an anime. The problem with this mentality is that he treats MMD as a form of anime, which is fine because it is meant to capture dance moves using anime models. But MMD nowadays uses high res textures and realistic shading rather than cel shading. Whatever the case maybe, using a high definition rendering pipeline does not make the game visually better.

Still waiting if there are any proper updates to gameplay, because the fact that there has been nothing but sex and dancing has forced me to abandon this game until something peaked my interest.
Wouldn't hope for anything. I've seen an older work before researching him a while back. Same stage, same characters, same kind of combat but newer graphics. I wouldn't be surprised this announcement is to reboot it and do the same kind of updates again to milk money.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Great art... but group sex without anything else.. also no thumbnail of such thing... how should I say this... suspicious... gonna ’watch’ for now.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So, is it just me or is the combat in this game really shitty?

I'm no stranger to 3D hack and slash, but the combat in this is just really floaty, which wouldn't be too bad if it was like Dynasty Warriors, killing dozens of mooks in one shot. But there's so few enemies and it just feels like every attack pattern is going to send me flying past them. A lock on would help a lot with that. There may be one that I never found, but since I didn't find controls or a tutorial in game I don't know. Hell, it took random chance for me to realize mouse 3 (press in on scroll wheel) is dodge.

The levels (while short as far as I got) offer no healing options and seem rather random. I only got to the church area, where I found two "dogs" whose attacks stun locked me and did about 15-20% damage per hit. I managed to beat them, and opened a door to a "strong demon" which seems invulnerable unless it's attacking and I personally couldn't dodge it's attacks and also do damage to it when it was vulnerable.

I feel like this really shouldn't have combat in it, since it seems like a motion comic style would fit the animations better. While the models are nice and the animations I've seen are good, the combat just kills it for me, personally.

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
There's an update in the Patreon page.

Sweet Devil Hunter ☆ Re:LIFE (Physical System Demo)

I don't know what that means. But I'm guessing that this is the version of Sweet Devil Hunter where it is now using the High Definition Render Pipeline. Feel free to check it out. And let yourselves find out if the HDRP really made any difference in quality and gameplay(not really).

Aya Ryuusenji

Jun 16, 2019
There's an update in the Patreon page.

Sweet Devil Hunter ☆ Re:LIFE (Physical System Demo)

I don't know what that means. But I'm guessing that this is the version of Sweet Devil Hunter where it is now using the High Definition Render Pipeline. Feel free to check it out. And let yourselves find out if the HDRP really made any difference in quality and gameplay(not really).

so that mean he keep working on this game with a higher render app, while it just make the game even become 100GB game with a single f**king scene huh? Good grief i must say...

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
so that mean he keep working on this game with a higher render app, while it just make the game even become 100GB game with a single f**king scene huh? Good grief i must say...
100 GB is just over exaggerating. But yes. He is making the game from the ground up with a higher definition and high quality everything. So basically, it's a waste of time supporting the game that made a giant reset. The only thing noteworthy in this guys works are the monthly mini games.

But until this game becomes quite promising once again, I will return to it with my hopes that it will be better this time.