NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
add more choices = great game! as of it right now, the dev is holding players hand = not cool

hexenhaus

Jul 20, 2017
I think the core of the problems people have with this game is, that it started so great and relatable, with frequent updates and hust the right speed in terms of story-progression/corruption. Then the releases slowed down, and the illusion of influence on the story progression vanished and the game ended if you dared try to cling to some form of control over the situation. It is all about walking the edge with that kind of fetishes...

If the game would have been worse in the beginning, or the developers would have been clearer, there would not have been such a "shitstorm" - if you are hyped, there is a big chance you will be disappointed.

Maybe it would not have been so "bad" if you didn't always get both perspectives immediatly or players could maybe disable Fiona's perspective entirely. I think more imagination is always better :D

Last edited:

Seelenleere

Jul 1, 2017
I am not new into ntr and like the genre most of the time. I also like corruption and stuff but this game was just too much.
I actually like that they are swinging and then it changes to a cuckold relationship but what me thew off was the way it happened.

Never felt that bad after playing such a game as I really began to feel emphatic with the male mc.

Maybe it would not have been so "bad" if you didn't always get both perspectives immediatly or players could maybe disable Fiona's perspective entirely.
You can. It is like the first choice you can make.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I don't mind the general idea about the game, but imo, it kind of gets dull when it turns all out into MC humiliation. Kind of equally boring, as with most VNs, player the only "real man" in the world.
It would be more interesting if MC could "man up", with the girl over, or turn the tables on her. Seduce/have sex, let partner be seduced/humiliation...common', there's more options there.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
This game is the very defintion of wasted potential- this one could have been one of the greats

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
This game is the very defintion of wasted potential- this one could have been one of the greats
Yeah, I'd say it's the perfect example of how not to go about making a game.
They made their story it missed the mark for almost everyone as far as I have seen. Well the vocal majority at least.
I don't know which was the patreon ending but this game really needs more work still before it can be called finished. Maybe a pure swing route where Davis is just a one off, he just wanted to fuck Fiona and nothing else and MC + Fiona find other people to do things with. There are lots of things you can do.
Improving the CG's to make sense would be one thing you could start with. Davis sometimes has a 25'' shlong and other times it's like 6-7'' not even much larger than the mc's dick which is also not the same size all the time.
All the sex scenes it's small and when we see him in the convo sprite it's huge.
Also don't reuse the same cg for different scenes. Make them different.
Anyone making a game in the future can take note of what not to do from Infidelisoft in my opinion.

Infidelisoft

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
It's a title called Swing & Miss (&, not or) from a developer called Infidelisoft and was pitched as a swinging, netorare (or cuckolding), moral degeneration, and female domination title from the start. Personally I'd hardly feel betrayed if "Pussies & Assholes, a sexy adventure with vaginal and anal sex by Anal Productions" contained anal sex.

It was also pitched as a mostly linear story. Suggestions like a low effort netori mode might have been considered, but were never pitched to be part of the project. The project ended up pretty much exactly as intended from the start. The netorare genre has never been tagged as avoidable through "official outlets" (we can hardly control what the rest of the internet tags it as).

If you feel mislead I'm sorry about that, but there has been no intentional misdirection.

I think the core of the problems people have with this game is, that it started so great and relatable, with frequent updates and hust the right speed in terms of story-progression/corruption. Then the releases slowed down, and the illusion of influence on the story progression vanished and the game ended if you dared try to cling to some form of control over the situation. It is all about walking the edge with that kind of fetishes...

If the game would have been worse in the beginning, or the developers would have been clearer, there would not have been such a "shitstorm" - if you are hyped, there is a big chance you will be disappointed.

Maybe it would not have been so "bad" if you didn't always get both perspectives immediatly or players could maybe disable Fiona's perspective entirely. I think more imagination is always better :D
Updates did not slow down. The game was updated monthly, with the exception of a few breaks between the original five endings due to being more artwork intensive (most endings have an original CG set). Instead of only being able to publish one new ending per month we decided to pause the Patreon altogether (no monthly charges) and release bigger updates at that point. The sixth ending was unplanned and added afterwards due to reaching a goal on Patreon.

You can choose to disable Fiona's perspective at the start of the game. This was a function not originally planned but requested while in pre-development so the story might be a bit shaky without the female perspective.

Yeah, I'd say it's the perfect example of how not to go about making a game.
They made their story it missed the mark for almost everyone as far as I have seen. Well the vocal majority at least.
I don't know which was the patreon ending but this game really needs more work still before it can be called finished. Maybe a pure swing route where Davis is just a one off, he just wanted to fuck Fiona and nothing else and MC + Fiona find other people to do things with. There are lots of things you can do.
Improving the CG's to make sense would be one thing you could start with. Davis sometimes has a 25'' shlong and other times it's like 6-7'' not even much larger than the mc's dick which is also not the same size all the time.
All the sex scenes it's small and when we see him in the convo sprite it's huge.
Also don't reuse the same cg for different scenes. Make them different.
Anyone making a game in the future can take note of what not to do from Infidelisoft in my opinion.
This is not a 3D title. 2D art is way more expensive to commission and takes a lot more time. I'd estimate this project "lost" about $500 a month on average if you include the Patreon income. Which is completely fine by me (as the one paying the money for it). It's a passion project for a niche audience and I would never want to make money of a hobby.

But it means I have to make choices to make things manageable. It's next to impossible to find multiple artists with the exact same style, so more art would mean less updates or very small ones. I decided to re-use artwork and not bother with being completely consistent instead (not very many 2D titles are I think).

Back

Aug 3, 2017
There has been no intentional misdirection.
No bro, I respectfully disagree; I don't buy that at all. Way back -even before- your Patreon page went down for a while, before S-Star was a thing, there were many lively discussions about this game kinetic novel and where it could go. To put it bluntly, there were a great many people that felt shafted, because of what was implied and how things were said. I know, I was there; heck, I even suggested this game to other folks based on such, but now I feel like I've genuinely wronged them because of how it ultimately turned out (not that I've tried this kinetic novel in the intervening time).

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that this was a passion project and despite setbacks (i.e., temporary loss of Patreon) or struggling with funding goals, Infidelisoft persevered and pushed this game to completion. That, in itself, is quite commendable! I applaud that effort. It still doesn't change the fact that many people felt mislead whether the dev claims it was unintentional. Frankly, it's a dubious claim if one followed the early discussions, and there's a real sense of dishonestly -- the dev should just admit the mistake and own up to it instead of gaslighting people of what went down. Many of the claims (mentioned in the post above) and the direction of the project only became apparent *MUCH* later. At which point, many users dropped the project and other people came on-board, because it became evident what the project really was by then.

Okay, I'm done; people can agree or disagree, or say that I'm perfectly on the mark or not. I was on the fence making this post since I don't like stirring up the fire, but the thread was automatically added to my watch list after my recent posts. When I went to unwatch it, I read the dev's response and I just had to comment. I understand where Infidelisoft stands on the matter of whether there was misdirection or not. The dev says that didn't happen nor intended, but others including myself say otherwise. It's up to you guys where you want to be on that spectrum. I'll close with this: that's just one thing. If you like and enjoy Infidelisoft's work (and there is another project in the works by them, btw), then by all means, continue to be a fan and support the team. That's your right and your prerogative. Though, don't just discount the concerns raised by other people out-of-hand either. Here's to hoping for more passionate and responsible developers out there! Alright all, stay awesome; stay safe; be well. *Unwatches thread*

BeardedJack

May 31, 2017
I was honestly excited about a swinging, or mostly sharing game, right at the start of the game you realize this is just another asian-like spineless mc that gets screwed over and humiliated. I guess i will have to wait for another one other than the adventurous couple. Tired of all this ntr drama and shit too. Hopefully your next project will have a different theme with the opposite, mc that has the control and shares wife for fun and maybe profit, where he actually dominate and humilaite her. Saying this cause i like your writing and it could have potential. Anyways good luck.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Next time just call it Swing & Miss: A Cuckold Story and save yourself a crap ton of hate posts lol

I liked it. You gotta be an emotional masochist to get off to NTR. You gotta like a good ol' sulking irl. Thanks for scratching that itch
You don't have to relate to the person being the cuck/getting ntr'd. I know I don't. I prefer the female perspective or the "villains" hundred times more. Especially if the MC is a useless cuck, then he might just not even be there.

Reactions: Gavionne

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
It's a title called Swing & Miss (&, not or) from a developer called Infidelisoft and was pitched as a swinging, netorare (or cuckolding), moral degeneration, and female domination title from the start.
That's what I said too.

This is not a 3D title. 2D art is way more expensive to commission and takes a lot more time. I'd estimate this project "lost" about $500 a month on average if you include the Patreon income. Which is completely fine by me (as the one paying the money for it). It's a passion project for a niche audience and I would never want to make money of a hobby.

But it means I have to make choices to make things manageable. It's next to impossible to find multiple artists with the exact same style, so more art would mean less updates or very small ones. I decided to re-use artwork and not bother with being completely consistent instead (not very many 2D titles are I think).
That's fair my man. Personally I don't care about the time it takes. Ofc, I get annoyed if it drags on. But I am not paying for it. So I can be in my own corner crying about it by myself. I'm ok with that.
Therefor I would prefer a game that doesn't cut corners, even If I have to wait.
But at the end of the day I really like to see games finished. It's such a rarity out here. Serious devs who actually finish their titels decently.
I could mention 20 devs in just the last 6 months no issue(ok some memory issue), that hasn't even delivered close to what you have even with my own disappointment in it.
But there is no reason to bring them up here. I would have to go look up their names and frankly they are not worth my time.

rolada66

Nov 18, 2019
壁の向こうの妻の嬌声(こえ)2 ( kabetuma2 in English)

There's also "[ANIM.teamMM] Kabe no Mukou no Tsuma no Koe ~Aisuru Tsuma no Karada wa mou, Tonari no Danna o Wasurerarenai~" which is technically the first game (they don't share a story afaik). I could upload the game but there's no translation, would that be ok?

fbass

May 18, 2017
There's also "[ANIM.teamMM] Kabe no Mukou no Tsuma no Koe ~Aisuru Tsuma no Karada wa mou, Tonari no Danna o Wasurerarenai~" which is technically the first game (they don't share a story afaik). I could upload the game but there's no translation, would that be ok?
A link should be ok as long as it's not an actual thread. F95 has an English only rule.

3.50 star(s) 36 Votes