4.10 star(s) 98 Votes

Joshuart

Apr 3, 2019
Yes, I've already completed Sakura's chapter but I'm going to finish the Scathach prologue and then release them at the same time. I'm also going to do Nero remake and redo the Chainsaw Man translation, because I looked at it and saw it was fairly poor, not to demean the other guy who translated it, but it wasn't up to my standard.

Edit: spelling
Wow thats really a lot work, well done. :)
Thank you so much for translating all of that, hope the best for you & your works. (y)(y)

El Goblino

Aug 18, 2019
Does he drop updates already translated then? if he mentioned that a translation wasn't "up to his standards"?

so will the SAO Part 2 drop be already translated or do we need to make an MTL for it?

ron34

Nov 18, 2018
Before he moved, were donations his prime source of income, or did he had a regular job? I'm just wondering, since he now lives in a more expensive place, and having another job would most likely impact the production of the game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: pzpssapcxtajfgrvgk
Jul 29, 2023
Does he drop updates already translated then? if he mentioned that a translation wasn't "up to his standards"?

so will the SAO Part 2 drop be already translated or do we need to make an MTL for it?
I've been translating the SAO releases into English as a hobby for a couple months now. Fujino releases an MTL with ChatGPT, which is how things get messed up, like how "Charlie" is actually named Toyama.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I've been translating the SAO releases into English as a hobby for a couple months now. Fujino releases an MTL with ChatGPT, which is how things get messed up, like how "Charlie" is actually named Toyama.
So Kirito's friend's name is Toyama. That is interesting. How did ChatGPT make it Charlie? I am assuming all the other names are right. Maybe in the beginning when it was a person translating the game, that person used the name Charlie and now Fujino keeps the Charlie name to be consistent.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
LMAO, that actually explains a lot. I was very confused at how Fujino properly named Inoda as he did, but decided to make Kirito's NPC friend "Charlie", a translation error makes a lot more sense than a Chinese game-creator deciding to give that name.

Reactions: pzpssapcxtajfgrvgk
4.10 star(s) 98 Votes