4.10 star(s) 101 Votes

8947289hkd

Jun 26, 2023
i don't know what kind of revisionist reality fujino is trying to craft and others are opining on, but why bother pretending? inoda was foaming at the mouth with hatred of kirito and raped asuna multiple times while doing all sorts of deception/manipulation.

this shit about people self-inserting as inoda is so damn stupid. if you're going to self-insert into fat ugly bastard doing multiple sleep rapes drugging/manipulating okay, but give it a fucking rest trying to pretend he's a decent person/misunderstood.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
i don't know what kind of revisionist reality fujino is trying to craft and others are opining on, but why bother pretending? inoda was foaming at the mouth with hatred of kirito and raped asuna multiple times while doing all sorts of deception/manipulation.

this shit about people self-inserting as inoda is so damn stupid. if you're going to self-insert into fat ugly bastard doing multiple sleep rapes drugging/manipulating okay, but give it a fucking rest trying to pretend he's a decent person/misunderstood.
I agree with your points, but some people seem to have more flexible moral values, to put it politely. I also don't see the problem. Inoda is the antagonist or villain of the story, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Even if it wasn't intentional, that's how he has been portrayed until now.
In fact, if you reflect on his story so far, he doesn't exhibit a single positive character trait. His best attribute is unhealthy selfishness, while everything else falls below that. That is what makes him an interesting, uncompromising antagonist with a clear goal. No need to go down the 'Inoda did nothing wrong' path? ^^

crazy1st

Jul 11, 2018
portraying someone who literally want to steal someone's girlfriend through whatever method he can as a "not villainous guy" is just plain stupid imo...

this is an NTR story ffs, u need a villain character for that kind of story... might as well create a romance story if everyone are decent there...

portraying inoda as a stupid dude for a humour side is ok, but just becoz he is doing something stupid and looks humorous doesnt and shouldnt make him a decent guy... fujino shouldnt bother trying to make him looks like a better guy now, it will only make it weird...

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
portraying someone who literally want to steal someone's girlfriend through whatever method he can as a "not villainous guy" is just plain stupid imo...

this is an NTR story ffs, u need a villain character for that kind of story... might as well create a romance story if everyone are decent there...

portraying inoda as a stupid dude for a humour side is ok, but just becoz he is doing something stupid and looks humorous doesnt and shouldnt make him a decent guy... fujino shouldnt bother trying to make him looks like a better guy now, it will only make it weird...
I think there is two reasons for Fujino to do this.

1. He says a lot of people project themselves as Inoda. Personally I think he was including himself. So don't make Inoda a complete piece of shit so the people don't feel like a complete scumbag. If that is the reason, it is not a issue. As other people said people knows what kind of person the NTR bastard is. So trying to give Inoda a deep personality is unnecessary for the fans.

2. He is trying to have a in-game reason for Asuna eventually choosing him over Kirito. He has written Asuna not be a basic NTR bitch who falls immediately after experiencing NTR dick so she needs some good qualities of Inoda besides his dick to eventually leave Kirito.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: X-Roku-

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
I think there is two reasons for Fujino to do this.

1. He says a lot of people project themselves as Inoda. Personally I think he was including himself. So don't make Inoda a complete piece of shit so the people don't feel like a complete scumbag. If that is the reason, it is not a issue. As other people said people knows what kind of person the NTR bastard is. So trying to give Inoda a deep personality is unnecessary for the fans.

2. He is trying to have a in-game reason for Asuna eventually choosing him over Kirito. He has written Asuna not be a basic NTR bitch who falls immediately after experiencing NTR dick so she needs some good qualities of Inoda besides his dick to eventually leave Kirito.
hmm

1. I guess someone might want to project himself as Inoda, but I doubt Fujino himself is doing that because he could have just made Inoda the main character with basically the same story, just from another POV.
  2. That sounds more likely to me, but then again, the corruption of the main heroine is the main point of the game. He didn't plan to tell a cheating love story to begin with, so it's still weird^^
Honestly, I think he just messed up the gap between what he wanted to show content-wise and somewhat believable character personalities. If you have opposite extremes like purity and resilience in Asuna and total perversion in Inoda, you need to go very slow in progression; otherwise, it won't work. But the supporters seem to be against slow progression. :unsure:

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
hmm

1. I guess someone might want to project himself as Inoda, but I doubt Fujino himself is doing that because he could have just made Inoda the main character with basically the same story, just from another POV.
  2. That sounds more likely to me, but then again, the corruption of the main heroine is the main point of the game. He didn't plan to tell a cheating love story to begin with, so it's still weird^^
Honestly, I think he just messed up the gap between what he wanted to show content-wise and somewhat believable character personalities. If you have opposite extremes like purity and resilience in Asuna and total perversion in Inoda, you need to go very slow in progression; otherwise, it won't work. But the supporters seem to be against slow progression. :unsure:
Honestly none of this matters at this point. Since it is still a incomplete work, it is not fair to judge the characters' actions until the story is done. Personally I hope there is a good reason for Asuna's preference for Inoda and if some bits of his character has to be changed then so be it.

Also Inoda and Asuna is the first time in Fujino's career where he tried to create more nuanced characters. There are missteps but overall I liked them for bring uncertainty and discussion in a NTR story.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
Honestly none of this matters at this point. Since it is still a incomplete work, it is not fair to judge the characters' actions until the story is done. Personally I hope there is a good reason for Asuna's preference for Inoda and if some bits of his character has to be changed then so be it.

Also Inoda and Asuna is the first time in Fujino's career where he tried to create more nuanced characters. There are missteps but overall I liked them for bring uncertainty and discussion in a NTR story.
Fair enough.
I actually think Inoda is not the problem, putting aside NTR logic like a virgin being a sex god :D
Probably would have been easier if Asuna wasn't so inexperienced and unaware of her own body. I mean, she was in a relationship long enough to figure out some things^^

But those kinds of mistakes can happen the first time writing deeper characters.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Fair enough.
I actually think Inoda is not the problem, putting aside NTR logic like a virgin being a sex god :D
Probably would have been easier if Asuna wasn't so inexperienced and unaware of her own body. I mean, she was in a relationship long enough to figure out some things^^

But those kinds of mistakes can happen the first time writing deeper characters.
Pretty much. Ironically, by trying for the first time to not write an insta-NTR-ed/corrupted heroine and main 'antagonist', Fujino kinda lost the way in how he actually wanted to write said characters XP The issue is that, no matter how hard he tries, it NEVER will feel realistic or natural for Asuna to leave Kirito for Inoda, and his attempts for trying to write her as more thanjust a sexually unsatisfied bitch that prefers bigger dicks and better sex have indirectly hurt his attempts at doing that. He's trying hard to keep writing the story, but it's clear a part of him probably unironically thinks he wouldn't have had as much issues if he wrote Asuna like he usually wrote all main girls in his previous girls.

pirohiro

Feb 15, 2020
Pretty much. Ironically, by trying for the first time to not write an insta-NTR-ed/corrupted heroine and main 'antagonist', Fujino kinda lost the way in how he actually wanted to write said characters XP The issue is that, no matter how hard he tries, it NEVER will feel realistic or natural for Asuna to leave Kirito for Inoda, and his attempts for trying to write her as more thanjust a sexually unsatisfied bitch that prefers bigger dicks and better sex have indirectly hurt his attempts at doing that. He's trying hard to keep writing the story, but it's clear a part of him probably unironically thinks he wouldn't have had as much issues if he wrote Asuna like he usually wrote all main girls in his previous girls.
I cannot agree more. It's not a bad thing at all to attempt to write a more realistic fall, but if that's the route he wants to go for, then becoming sexually disatisfied is a lot more believable than random pity sex. It only worked in part 1 since the pity went with him being hurt while protecting her. Now that is gone, the only believable angle is that she basically corrupts herself.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
Absolutely, that's the challenge with well-known characters who come with a strong backstory; attempting realism often fails due to inexperience and a lack of writing skill, resulting in a feeling of sluggishness and awkwardness in the storytelling.
The advantage of taking the usual insta-slut route is that nobody takes it seriously.^^

If, and I hope he manages to finish the game and not let the unfounded complaints get to him, it will undoubtedly provide valuable experience for future installments. :D

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
Damn, just realized, Asuna has a father.
I'm pretty sure he won't play a role in the game. But what if he discovers the truth by the end of the game, goes for a divorce, and then Asuna, her mom and Inoda are forced to live in a high schooler's tiny apartment with a bunch of kids... Next to Kirito! LooooL

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Absolutely, that's the challenge with well-known characters who come with a strong backstory; attempting realism often fails due to inexperience and a lack of writing skill, resulting in a feeling of sluggishness and awkwardness in the storytelling.
The advantage of taking the usual insta-slut route is that nobody takes it seriously.^^

If, and I hope he manages to finish the game and not let the unfounded complaints get to him, it will undoubtedly provide valuable experience for future installments. :D
Yeah, hopefully he can, even as someone not very invested in the main story and that just wants to see the resolution of the Suguha plot, I have respect for Fujino's efforts and determination to continue his work so I hope the pressure and the complaints don't keep screwing him over :O

Damn, just realized, Asuna has a father.
I'm pretty sure he won't play a role in the game. But what if he discovers the truth by the end of the game, goes for a divorce, and then Asuna, her mom and Inoda are forced to live in a high schooler's tiny apartment with a bunch of kids... Next to Kirito! LooooL
LMAO, that would never happen because it would be 100% a 'bad end' for Inoda, and we know that never happens to the NTR guys unless extremely specific exceptions (Kinda like how Hebishima right now is the only one ever in the history of Fujino's games to actually maybe receive punishment for his BS like it would never happen normally :p). But it IS a hella hilarious mental image...even if at that point I'm pretty sure Kazuto would just move back home with Suguha aout of depression, really XD (Probably making the latter celebrate XP)

Reactions: 4-kun
4.10 star(s) 101 Votes