4.10 star(s) 98 Votes

LordFrz

Engaged Member
Oct 21, 2022
There was one NTR doujin I found particularly interesting in which a woman got "cucked" by the new neighbor next to them. It started out as an NTR, but progressed into a story in which the reader rooted for the heroine to get stolen away from her boyfriend. This was because throughout the story, it is revealed that the boyfriend is a terrible person who talked behind her back and degraded her to his friends, while the bull was an incredibly sweet person who cared for the woman. In this sense, the NTR becomes justified and transitions into a case of loyalty being punished and infidelity being rewarded.

This SAO parody is great in that there is a lot of potential that Fujino has set up because of how meticulous the build up has been. Now can SAO pull off a similar scenario as unique as what I've outlined above? Probably not. Inoda has already been portrayed as an irredeemable antagonist, and any attempt to portray him in a positive light in a vacuum would be going against the narrative Fujino has been writing. In addition, Kirito wouldn't be the type to cheat on Asuna, at least canonically.

With how Fujino has been pushing the dual "corruption" of Kirito between both Liz and Suguha, I'd be interested in knowing if people would begin to justify Asuna cheating with a more caring Inoda if Kirito indulged in other women of his own volition, or if that would ruin the NTR fantasy that's been happening up to this point.
I lost interest in Turni9ng the Pgae for basically that reason. I don't want the girl to have a happy ending with a better guy. I don't want the MC to find a better girl in the end. I want everybody except the bull to have a shitty ending tbh.

LordFrz

Engaged Member
Oct 21, 2022
While I also like Fujino's experiments and especially how he directs the genre narrative—it's probably what interests me most in the game and keeps me playing it—I personally am not into the main story because there are some really story-breaking issues that I can't overlook. To name a few: the admin's restrictions on Kirito, which make him literally unable to build up suspicion; the overforced favoritism of Inoda; and the "VR is not real" aspect, which breaks the main foundation of SAO.

Btw, I don't want to start arguing about it (again), but I wanted to share a partially opposed opinion. ;)
I think adding the suspicion and cuckhold bars was dumb, he doesn't even utilize for much them and he should just scrap the idea. I also don't like the admin idea either, it makes it seem like there is no free with for Kirito. I am ok with the VR aspect, but I don't really get an NTR feel from it because its not "real" its like a dream sequence almost. But its fine for in initial build up and just having scenes randomly. But I want more NTR stuff to be outside the VR.

Kiri-Be

Jun 18, 2018
1613 titles is not what I would call niche, tbh :LOL:
Eh. Looking at how many other games there are for other genres, it is still very much niche. Just a popular niche. Also how many of these 1613 titles are completed and how many of these completed works are actually good? We probably go from 1600 to around 50 if at all.

Reactions: FanOfClouds

noobpilot

Apr 27, 2020
It may have to do with processing the Gif, which one you do use the most for it to happen? Do you quickly go through each gif or not? I do have some lag when i do the testing but randomly stops responding that's new
Kitchen scene, if i choose full scene view then game stops responds to keyboard or mouse, Kirito stuck in kitchen door or after moving crates inside kitchen...

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
Eh. Looking at how many other games there are for other genres, it is still very much niche. Just a popular niche. Also how many of these 1613 titles are completed and how many of these completed works are actually good? We probably go from 1600 to around 50 if at all.
The same is true for all genres, more games in general are unfinished. Tbh, I was surprises that harem is just about 100 titels above ntr. Also incest is 'only' double of ntr. Idk if there are other popular genres I'm not aware of, but it seems to me that all of them are pretty much the baseline, only surpassed by vanilla. :unsure:

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

SixDates

Dec 9, 2018
The same is true for all genres, more games in general are unfinished. Tbh, I was surprises that harem is just about 100 titels above ntr. Also incest is 'only' double of ntr. Idk if there are other popular genres I'm not aware of, but it seems to me that all of them are pretty much the baseline, only surpassed by vanilla. :unsure:
The thing is, most games with the tag "incest" or "harem" aren't exactly incest games or harem games. They do feature them as aspects of the game, but it's not the primary focus of them, unlike what one would experience with NTR where most games with the tag focus heavily in the kink in question.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
The thing is, most games with the tag "incest" or "harem" aren't exactly incest games or harem games. They do feature them as aspects of the game, but it's not the primary focus of them, unlike what one would experience with NTR where most games with the tag focus heavily in the kink in question.
Idk, I think nobody has played over 1,000 games in each genre to prove it right or wrong, so we can only rely on the numbers from the search filter. :sneaky:

• Sad
Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

por12

Nov 22, 2020
You do bring up a good point about the meta reason for NTR. I can't count how many games start out promising, but peter out until they either cease development, or come out with a product that isn't what was advertised.

Netorare isn't my personal kink since netori is more what I enjoy, but I would agree that a lot of NTR stories don't fully understand how to capitalize on the NTR aspect. I find that too many games lean on NTR solely being a "kink," rather than NTR being a genuine part of the story process, which is why I feel it sometimes ends up being diminished over the course of a story. And while that isn't bad (as a lot of fetish content does this as well), I am always interested in how stories can be improved or crafted differently.

What stands out to me in Fujino's story is that NTR is used as a device to reinforce the themes of the main couple, rather than just being a kink.

For example, not only is Inoda going after Asuna, he corrupts the mother as well. This emphasizes the "power" Inoda has in real life compared to Kirito in-game, who is subservient to Asuna's mother. It forms a hierarchy in which Inoda is at the top, while Kirito is at the bottom. It also serves to show that Inoda is capable of eventually corrupting Asuna, considering he has done so with her guardian.

You could also see his constant corruption of Asuna in the game as a slow usurpation of Kirito's raw combat strength in FOG (which fits the stealthy, crafty, rogue-type personality that Inoda is displayed as, as opposed to Kirito's blunt, awkward, and brute-force way of doing things).

Suguha gets corrupted by NTR, but that's used as a way for her to pursue her brother. Liz uses Inoda's plan to steal Asuna as a way for her to get with Kirito, which then serves to throttle Inoda's relationship with Asuna. The activities with Alice are used as a device to sow doubt within Asuna about Kirito, while also doubling as NTR with Klein. The story doesn't stop at "Inoda cucks Kirito," it uses NTR in very creative ways from normal NTR games I've seen, at least in my opinion.

This could also just be me talking out of my ass and me being completely wrong about Fujino's story, that is just as likely.

I think one of the changes I disliked about Fujino's story was the decision to stop including NPC sex scenes in the game (even though I think it was necessary in order to allow Fujino to focus on the other characters).

The NPCs in Fujino's previous games, as well as Part 1, were a great way to implement NTR into the interactions of the city, because they reinforced the state of Kirito's mentality throughout the game while also serving to populate the various areas. That green-haired guy who indulged in NTR with his wife in the church was a great marker as to where Kirito could be at the end of his journey, almost like a foil. There was an entire sequence where you needed to talk with him, so it was most certainly done on purpose.

And while these NPCs still exist, they lack a purpose. I used to interact with these NPCs in Part 1, but in Part 2 I rarely do after the change to stop including them, because their current interactions are generic. In his Scathach game, the inclusion of a sub-heroine and NTR within the village made exploration much more rewarding.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just talk a lot.
there is no npcs cuz there is not need for them anymore

we got 4 girls to follow now with interesting stories

Kyotheman1001

Jul 21, 2024
I think adding the suspicion and cuckhold bars was dumb, he doesn't even utilize for much them and he should just scrap the idea. I also don't like the admin idea either, it makes it seem like there is no free with for Kirito. I am ok with the VR aspect, but I don't really get an NTR feel from it because its not "real" its like a dream sequence almost. But its fine for in initial build up and just having scenes randomly. But I want more NTR stuff to be outside the VR.
think it be added later, we still haven't seen function in menu for Asuna to get different status effects, curious about that being used. I feel Cucked bar will more effect later, maybe low you see less just have blind relationship, full bar he enjoys being Cucked, who knows

Kyotheman1001

Jul 21, 2024
in your opinion, is a ntr about Kairi and Sora (KH) feasible?, because Sora is like Kirito, very protective, and like Asuna and Kirito, Sora and Kairi also have a strong bond
probably not remember they also Roxas and Naminé as well, have huge connection to each other, Riku wouldn't back stab Sora, he only went to dark side in KH1 because of influence of heartless

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
there is no npcs cuz there is not need for them anymore

we got 4 girls to follow now with interesting stories
[tl;dr: NPCs that the player wants to interact with make the world (and game) more interesting for the player, which enhances the main story.]

True, but my point was that these 4 girls are essentially the main story. You go to Point A, see Girl 1 get railed. You go to Point B, Girl 3 is going through emotional troubles. You go to Point D, Girl 2 is giving a blowjob. It's a static experience (which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it's just an observation).

The great thing about the NPCs was that they served as additional content that made exploration better. When's the last time you walked around talking to the NPCs in Part 2 after the decision to stop making scenes and focus on their subplots?

I can't speak for you, but I myself have stopped talking to the NPCs or engaging in the different maps because all I am interested in is progressing the story (which is the only way to encounter sex scenes after the change).

I am obviously happy to see the 4 girls get scenes (Suguha and Alice in particular), but the "world" of Fujino's game feels lackluster, or at the very least it lacks a purpose. What's the point of traveling around in all these big areas if Fujino could just teleport us from Point A to Point B with the same effect?

Reactions: 4-kun

NTR Apologist

Oct 25, 2021
when will fujino sensei update?
He always does updates on Mondays so tomorrow. Maybe a weekly report or the release of the Saekano bonus game.

Or (and I hope I'm wrong) we might not get anything cause he made an update on his ci-en/Patreon Friday that he went to see a doctor due to some abdominal pain he was feeling recently and those pains could still be affecting him and his work.

takapedia

Aug 13, 2024
He always does updates on Mondays so tomorrow. Maybe a weekly report or the release of the Saekano bonus game.

Or (and I hope I'm wrong) we might not get anything cause he made an update on his ci-en/Patreon Friday that he went to see a doctor due to some abdominal pain he was feeling recently and those pains could still be affecting him and his work.
fujino sensei making a new game saekano? is it the same genre NTR? if yes that is very interesting.

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes