Ren'Py - Abandoned - Sylphine [v.024] [Glacerose]

1. 4.00 star(s)

xerroxi

I like the render and the deep down background story.
    Some sidestorys are a bit simple as they have no visual effect and it would be nice if girl icons would show at the locations if they are there so less clickn around.

But overall looks like a nice start
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1044747

Cotton candy fairy land

The good
    • Beautiful & crisp renders
    • Attractive girls with realistic proportions (none of them blew my mind, though).
    • Good looking MC (a rarity in adult games where - for whatever reason - most MCs look like crap).
    • Occasionally moments of (slightly) amusing banter
    • Flawless English (although at times a bit too flowery for my liking)
    • We can choose the wallpaper on the MC's PC, yay! Seriously, that's neat.

The so-so
    • Music (the main theme is pretty nice while others quickly get monotonous and annoying).
    • Every orphan character looks like 16 years old, so I guess they are "18"(+) only for legal purposes.
    • I'm not a fan of free roam, but it's reasonably well implemented here (since you always know where the girls are it's fairly easy to progress the story).
    • Some size, weight and bust measurements in the contact list feel off (how on earth - literally! - does Alex weight 187 lbs considering her stature?).

The improvable
    • Stupid story premise (after spending 18 years in the same household sexually oblivious orphan MC suddenly realises he's been living with four hot orphan girls and a MILF all along? Suuure.)
    • A fancy villa. Exquisite furnishing. Beautiful, carefree people without financial problems. Puffy clouds. Pink unicorns.
    • Characters are little more than walking stereotypes (the MILF, the bitch, the gamer, the treehugger, the bookworm).
    • Why is every girl older than the MC? I prefer the guy to be the older one in a regular (non-MILF) relationship. Bit of a turnoff.
    • Lots of endless, pointless, smartass (boring & forgettable) blather - excuse me: "conversations"
    • Vale in the dream prologue is too injured to flee - only to get up and fight a minute later. Logic 404
    • Inane cliché adult game tropes ("I've seen your dick hundreds of times while you showered." "Really? I had no idea." Well, apparently our MC is THAT dense. Or: "Let me casually and out of the blue change in front of you / take a shower with you after gardening." Yeah, that happened.)
    • It seems like there's only one (harem) route, but no monogamous love path option.
    • Not a big fan of the weaved in fantasy / supernatural stuff.
    • Unnatural eye (pink, purple) and hair colours (pink, green). Not my kink.
    • Occasionally strange looking (breast) clothing morphs.
    • Some UI elements (back, skip, save) placed too prominently almost in the middle of the screen instead at the bottom.
    • Text box (character name and portrait) takes up too much (render) space.
    • At times rough scene transitions (display of the text box for a split second in between scenes). Seems like a scripting issue.
    • Preview pics of not yet unlocked gallery scenes should be hidden or at least blurred to avoid spoilers.

I'm quite torn when it comes to rating Sylphine.
    On the one hand I like the quality renders and the looks of the girls - there are also a few scenes that are nicely done.
    On the other hand there were lots of moments where I had to force myself to keep on reading because the dialogue was either bland, cheesy, implausible or downright pointless (as if the writer is getting paid per word instead for quality).
    In the end characters were not complex, dialogue not interesting and the story not captivating enough to keep me going.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Ggwpglhf

Top notch renders, decently engaging story but my issues with the game is that no character appeals to me sofar, Lillian seemed like a chill and decent LI but turned out to be a camwhore.
    Celeste is just repedetive it's like having the same conversation over and over.
    Serra seems mentally retatded altough I have not gotten far with her.
    Guess I'll try out Gracie and Alex next but not holding my breath for anything but the extreme cliches they struck me as at first glance.

On a side note I reaaaally wish this came in a VN package, sandboxes is quite tedious to play and takes up much more time skipping time or hunting events then aqtual content in terms of dialogue, renders and animations altough this one is slightly better maby the focus sofar has been like 50/50 its still alot of playtime "wasted" in the end and since the prologue made it feel longer it could easily become alot more sandbox in upcoming updates.

Overall a quality production but the typical character personalities, sandbox mode and lack of choices left me feeling like this was somewhat a waste of potential of truly amazing renders and a seemingly interesting story.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

RyanH

Top fuckin class, excellent art and engaging story. Really hope this will turn into something bigger but it already has about half a day content of you play at a slower pace . Everything is just magnifico
  5. 5.00 star(s)

reznar

It's amazing to realize that it's only a 0.2 release.

The Renders are well done, nothing looks jarringly out of place or like a stock model. Beyond that, the characters all have a way of making me interested in finding out more. (Cue Starship Troopers)

Very curious to see what 0.3 and beyond brings!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MississippiQueen

(v0.2)

This game has such a high potential that it can rise to the top. The story, the models, the writing, they are all perfect. The models are really well designed, the costumes too. Although we are in a very early update, it contains a lot of content even now. This project has a looot of potential let me say it again.

There are 21 girl in this game and of course as you can see, 5 of them are our main girls. All of them has a different character. And i assure you, each 21 girl are pretty and well designed.

MC looks a bit childish, i wished our protagonist look like a bit adult but it doesn't matter mostly. Since the quality of the game is high, there is no problem.

The sandbox... I think it needs some improvement. There are many rooms/maps in the game that you can go to, and the probability of getting lost is quite high. It may be partly because of my hate of sandbox games, i don't know, but it seemed to me needs some improvement.

I can't help but tell. I wished our mother(Vale) and Alex exchange the roles. Because her model is so perfect that I couldn't get my eyes. I wished her to be the one of the main girls. But, it looks like its too late. I hope we can get more scenes with her in the future.

The game is top notch, and deserves respect. This game is very, very promising. I will be following the game closely and waiting for the updates...
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Boehser Onkel

my 2 cents

surprisingly good game
    story is good and understandable ;
    the girls are funny and nice rendered/animated
    the freeroam-ui part can maybe be optimized ,but thats minor
    the "Hide Ui" flickering - should be reworked

summary at all is : the game is worth to play
    thanks to the dev(s)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

The game is really excellent for a 0.2
    It has quite a bit of content, the story is intriguing, the renders are excellent, and the models are gorgeous. The girls are really endearing quite special.
    Overall the game is a lot of fun.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Snowcrash

Sylphine [v0.02] [Glacerose]

Intro: The dev is really talented (technically) and puts great detail into the game. I hope it makes the experience of the game more enjoyable for the players in future updates.

Renders 4/5: They look great in general, I like the portraits.
    Animations 3/5: It is animated at times, the animations are fluid but very short and stuck in a loop for the sex scenes. They are instanced with buttons.

Cast 4/5: Really large cast of cute anime mono color girls (sailor moon style). Some of them are kind of meh and others are more interesting, there is also a large cast of supporting characters which is good. Not enough variety of body types. I guess the dev prefers kawaii more than thicc.
    Story 4/5: The story is nice and exciting, anime style story. Its kind of shallow at first glance but entertaining. There are't many choices expect maybe the guild you pick.
    Sex Scenes 2/5: The sex scenes are bad, lackluster and uninspiring. This is where the dev drops the ball. The way the scenes are set up in an instanced way, they are short and feel lifeless. Get rid of the buttons, program the scenes and add some proper dialogue. It just feels really lazy, and we know you have the talent for it. Please pick up the ball on this one. Its an adult game after all.
    Pacing 2/5: Super slow burn, grindy and lacking in flow. Everything is instanced and the open world map is a nightmare. There are days, where you can do nothing or don't know what to do. So you have to skip a lot (thank god for the hints).

Execution 3/5: This game does a lot of things right: Renders, story, world building and attention to detail. But it also is trying to do too many things at once and it ends up spreading itself too thin. Also because of it, it ends up not focusing on important stuff like the player's experience and expectations. It plays a lot like Mythic Manor but with with a better story and much worse sex scenes. Also I don't like mini games, but it seems like its going to be a key component on the game. Allow for the fights to be fast-forwarded or maybe even skipped altogether.

Conclusion: This game is good and has the potential to be great, the dev is talented but needs IMO to refocus their efforts and priorities when it comes to the game and consider more the player's experience. Less grindy, less aimless wandering around, better sex scenes and lewds and maybe some choices would be nice too. Its a really cute game, but I can't fap to this. :FacePalm::eek::cry:

4/5 (Will be keeping an eye on it)
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

This is for v0.01, so not much content yet.

What is there so far is great; Lilliam and Serra are adorable . Artwork is fine;
    it is cute that various characters seem to have their own theme music.

Gameplay: So far everything seems to be very linear, not sure whether relevant choices are planned for the future. I see a bit of danger for some grind (more on the sandbox side than VN, so it might end up with wait till Friday afternoon for X, wait till next Friday afternoon for X part 2, repeat)

Btw, as far as I understand in this case "caretaker" and "other girls" are not a patreon-policy-induced code for incest stuff, but fit well into the story (which suits me very well)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edit: update for v0.02. Had to downgrade from 5 to 4 stars. The new version has more contents, but is not in a very good shape. Lilliam and Serra are still adorable (not a big fan of the camgirl arch, though); artwork and music and animations are still cute and relatable. But the implementation is kind of horrible. (Much) details in the following spoiler.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Aeh2Zeh

First comment I've made on this site. So far this game is already better than any other on this site, story is engaging, the girls are gorgeous both in render and personality. I can't wait to see where this goes. I wan't to marry Lillian!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is a super fun game. Visual things are quite unique in Sylphine. Characters and story got me engaged. Especially different personalities of the girls. Lewd scenes are very hot and animations nice and smooth.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Nailykrix

At first I was confused with the intro, but that's what made me into the game.
    Then the chara-design as well as the amazings renders were very pleasants.
    I enjoyed learning learning more from the girls, well except from Serra which I found a bit too weird at first.

Only played the v0.01, so i'll wait for final version to enjoy the game at the fullest !

Keep up the great work !
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Shyrandomguy

So far all the models look incredible, the writing is witty, natural, and enjoyable, and I can't wait to see it as a finished project. This may be the strongest alpha I've seen, and i hope you keep at it
  15. 5.00 star(s)

risera

really cute interactions with the girls, ill be checking this one out later. Also the girls are really pretty, like every single one of them ive never had that happen before. plus the genitals on female animations and renders look really good. most of the time i find they dont in renpy games but not this one. gj will check it out in the future !!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

What do we expect seeing 0.02 Alpha ? Not much. This isn't the case. I think I've spent about 4 hours in game.
    Also a little confession about what made me to click the topic with this game...it were Celeste renders. It was a love at first sight :D Okay, here we go !

First the things I liked:
    - the quality of the image, renders..it's just so gooood. One of the best I've seen.

- girls apearrances and theirs personalities

- writing is very interesting. I'll stop here a bit. Those are no cons, just some thoughts. There were only couple moments, but it may be just me: MC's dialogue with himself at the very beginning..felt weird af :D, maybe things went a bit too far with Celeste, I understand it's who she is, but sometimes her lines felt very repetitive. Lexi's comeback in bistro was brilliant. MC's and Lilliana's taunts..give me more :) A couple lines to fix (hasa, Lillianwould, Lillianfocus aka no spaces, you're welcome).

- the story is good and entertaining and I must say this dev surely has some balls because of his/her/theirs ambitions. If you will check this game you'll notice INSANE amount of planned content. At least story wise.

I'm not very good at projecting my thoughts into text so let's move a bit forward.

I clearly understand it's Alpha build and early stage of developement and it's not complaining, just some thoughts:
    - Schedule of NPC characters felt a bit weird. I guess later we should be able to find them at any time of the day and the night, but now too many empty space. Plus I'm gonna say I'm not a fan of Sandboxes, but again it's just me and my own preference. For example I needed to talk Alex and another girl and 'cause I've spoke to the other gal I had to manually skip whole weekend till the Monday evening. Plus when all lads went to
    . Felt weird to say the least :) Also there are no possibility to skip time at Ellesmere atm.

I don't wanna offend anyone and I apologize in advance, but MC looks like dork :D That haircut in combo with face model. Idk. When he took a stance with the sword near the Crystal I laughed out loud. Looked very silly, no offence :D

Fantasizing and animations. While animations are good and right now I can only dream for different angles, which is also may fix (for me) what I'm gonna say next. For my preference it's 200% less arousing when all you see is dick just penetrating hole. I mean, no girls face, no eye contact. Those things. Idk what are you guys up to but I'd like to see.

The Gallery is the most weird thing you'll see in this game. I'm not sure it's intended, but most replays from there are just dialogues. Sometimes with a bit lewd thoughts, a bit nudity and no action at all. It just felt off.

Some things regarding story I didnt get. I'm aware we can't get all wanted info yet but still. Spoiler obv:
    -
    -
    -

Although the ingame help were useful most of the time, I believe i didnt help to check additional events, one of which I found by surprise, when Celeste was painting in the yard. Wish we could've have help to find all possible scenes/content.

Shit, almost forgot ! Maybe it's a good idea to lower the size of a text box a bit. Too many good stuff on the screen <3

The last thing and I'm not here to judge or anything, but it would be good if there will be a possibility to choose girls appearance during sex scenes.
    . I'm gonna complete the game in any case.

Now it's just some tingle in my bumhole, because it may take at least year (rather more :() to complete this masterpiece.

I'd really like to see this gem in Steam to fulfill my collection.

As the final note I've really enjoyed the game and I wish you a lot of patience, health and brilliant ideas regarding development.

Best regards.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

HogRocket

Edit from earlier review

Game was the best on F95zone. Dev took the hottest girls in adult VN/ games and turned them into bland, plain, ordinary models. Announced plot changes that totally killed the vibe.

I'm sure this will get deleted, since most un-favorable reviews seem to have disappeared from the review page and only 5 star reviews are left.

very sad.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

AiRaid

Ahhhhhh! So goooood. Literally the best writing and renders I've seen in so long. Dialog is excellent and characters come alive. Good thing every game isnt this good, because I would never be off my computer. I'll be watching this as it progresses!

It was slightly frustrating how little content there was, but that's understandable considering this is the first release. Give it a shot! You will be entertained
  19. 5.00 star(s)

LegionoftheOne

Excellent writing that legitimately made me feel connected to the characters and reminded me of some of my own relationships. Endearing development with archetypes I usually don't like, but which worked well here. The renders are top-notch as well and I will be following this game as it progresses going forwards.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

Alright, I was going to hold off on playing this game until there was more content but I couldn't wait. There's been so much buzz and the dev has been able to make this his full-time job (congrats on living the dream!) that I felt I should go for it.

Pros: Beautiful Renders, cute girls

Cons: No real choices to make, sandbox, a story that isn't very engaging so far, and minor errors in writing.

I have to say that this is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The girls are all very well rendered and cute, I am sure that they are lovely once you get to know them. However, there is a real lack of choice in the game, which is very disappointing when the developer states at the beginning of the game that it will be similar to "choose your own adventures" - a personal favorite of my childhood. At this time you either click on a color coded door and hang out with the color coded girl in the room, do her color coded "story" event, or you don't and you sleep in your bed all day (I personally believe that shouldn't be an option if there are still events to be done). If you don't do the color coded event/hanging out then the game and story simply doesn't progress. It also seems the player must pursue all of the girls because the MC has a crush on every one of them, there is no real choice to pursue only the primary colors instead of the complementary colors for example. Or at least that is how it feels and plays right now. The fact that it is sandbox but the developer also wants it to be a "choose your own adventure" style story means the game is at odds with that stated goal. Unfortunately the developers decision to have the girls color coded means never needing to bother learning their names and serves to depersonalize them. The fact that each of them largely conforms to a standard character archetype furthers that depersonalization.
    I don't have a problem with harem games and play a few but this MC doesn't seem to stand out as particularly noteworthy or interesting enough person for these gorgeous girls to all want to share him. Once again perhaps that's because it is far too early in the game. I feel that there is potential for the game, however whether the developer will be able to live up to the promise of making this into a "choose your own adventure" type of story while also maintaining a sandbox waits to be seen.