Apartment817

Jul 5, 2022
Think of it as both the stranger and the phone display pointing you in the direction of side girls, as opposed to nuts in the grass, an item in the outskirts, an item in the church, etc. That's six places to look instead of every area in the game.

Not only that, but the six girls are gathered in only three locations. So, three small-ish places to look.
When I first looked at the menu for a sign of what was still needed to unlock I didn't see it. Guess I should have looked harder, having played ToN and TGO through development I knew about those indicators, but didn't see them here, thinking they weren't there yet. So I guess I didn't thoroughly review the menu.

My point being that I didn't know those hints were side girl scene related. All I knew was that after I finished the main story, the oracle was telling me I had finished the update but had missed side things. So using the strangers I first got the pieces for the seed of strength. (I should mention that I hadn't played in a few updates, I think I only played the first one, so yesterday I started from scratch.)

So I was getting the scene hints, along with the item hints until I whittled it down to just the two scene hints, but I didn't know they were just scene hints (since I hadn't found the indicator in the menu that I had two "karma pages" like things left.)

so tl;dr, I had no way of knowing they were pointing me to side girl scenes from the newly acquired strength, so it was the whole map not just the three locations.

pdpax

May 2, 2022
Most hints give a clue what you're looking for, ie: finding a nut in the grass for the recipe piece for this release. Now you know you're looking for a nut in a grassy area, only a handful in the game. Another example points directly to the freight yard, so you scan the area.

The hints for the scene unlocks don't point to girls or the area...yes you know that there are 3 scenes to unlock in the menu. But now you're guessing amoung the whole cast of girls to find which one. Something you would do w/o the hint anyways.

So at minimum, for the clue to be any kind of use, it should point to the girl in some vague way. I mean, the hotdog one points to the one of the diner girls but ends up being the hospital chick. I'll give it a very slight benefit for being the one in the break room. But it's very clear that in reality all the clues were pointing to was the position, and that points to nothing until after you have found it.
That's fair enough. If you know there are 3 scenes, it's either because you've checked the update files or read about it somewhere, both of which are cheating. So the developer is not responsible for that. But, I hear you. They could say things like "nurses are so hot" or things like that, but there's also some creative challenge there. How many times are they gonna talk about nurses or waitresses or strippers? It requires some extra creative work not to make it repetitive or too direct, but I guess using that as an excuse is just setting the bar low. So you're right.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
That's fair enough. If you know there are 3 scenes, it's either because you've checked the update files or read about it somewhere, both of which are cheating. So the developer is not responsible for that. But, I hear you. They could say things like "nurses are so hot" or things like that, but there's also some creative challenge there. How many times are they gonna talk about nurses or waitresses or strippers? It requires some extra creative work not to make it repetitive or too direct, but I guess using that as an excuse is just setting the bar low. So you're right.
I appreciate you seeing what I was trying to say. As for the "cheating" part...
I don't know there are 3 scenes because of the update files or reading it here. In the upper right of the pause menu it says "scenes 6/9 unlocked" or something along those lines. Those scenes are tied to two things as far as non-story progression is concerned:
-clips at the movie theater
-relationship sex scenes

Once you unlock all of the theater and finish the story update, process of elimination, it's a relationship scene. Like I said in a previous post; I always try to finish the content of an update the legit way with any in game intended aids, if needed, before resorting to a walkthrough. Only way to know if the in game aids are functioning as intended.
As for the hints, I was thinking more along the lines of vague or clever hints that pointing to the girls interest that are unique from the others. That way, if the player is paying attention to the personality of the girls, they can figure who they need to flirt with to get the scene.

pdpax

May 2, 2022
I appreciate you seeing what I was trying to say. As for the "cheating" part...
I don't know there are 3 scenes because of the update files or reading it here. In the upper right of the pause menu it says "scenes 6/9 unlocked" or something along those lines. Those scenes are tied to two things as far as non-story progression is concerned:
-clips at the movie theater
-relationship sex scenes

Once you unlock all of the theater and finish the story update, process of elimination, it's a relationship scene. Like I said in a previous post; I always try to finish the content of an update the legit way with any in game intended aids, if needed, before resorting to a walkthrough. Only way to know if the in game aids are functioning as intended.
As for the hints, I was thinking more along the lines of vague or clever hints that pointing to the girls interest that are unique from the others. That way, if the player is paying attention to the personality of the girls, they can figure who they need to flirt with to get the scene.
Right again. Thanks. I totally forgot about the scenes count. lol And yes, clever and relevant hints would definitely be nice.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Well the game is not like the former games of NLT. We are going in the game and there is not so much story building going on. The latest update was three what I would call booty calls. And nothing what would build the game.

I really hope that this issue is going to change in the future. This is not what to be expected...........

neub1i

Nov 26, 2023
i am more disappointed that we never actually got a continuation of ToN or LE. all three had an underlying story that tried to connect them, but in reality, they are stand-alone stories. I would have rather liked if the story had continued with Brad or Henry as main characters and had more stories with them.
NLT basically made one Harry potter movie, then made a part 2 with Cedric Diggory, and part 3 was with Percy Weasley... if you know what i mean. Lost potential imo to create more with older characters, stretch the story out more, introduce pregnancy, and so on.

Last edited:

Soxiyof

Aug 8, 2020
Hi
I just launched the intro scene and a bug occurs in it.
Right during the fight scene in the street with the two masked guys, a guy and a girl, and the two dancers coming out of club.

Uncaught Type Error : Cannot read property 'start' of undefined
How to resolve this issue ?

EDIT : tried another time didnt have the glitch. although i was in fullscreen this time.

Last edited:

Soxiyof

Aug 8, 2020
As I see some people are struggling to find how to progress. I post a walkthrough (not made by me, found in NLT discord server). This is a step by step guide to get everything. If someone could pin this in OP. I think it would be great for someone who needs it. I will update this comment as soon as the next version comes out :)

Version: 05092
page 10 its After leaving "Beer, Tits & Food"
Have a nice day.

JoeyGucci

Dec 15, 2022
Well the game is not like the former games of NLT. We are going in the game and there is not so much story building going on. The latest update was three what I would call booty calls. And nothing what would build the game.

I really hope that this issue is going to change in the future. This is not what to be expected...........
Not to be expected? Despite NLT said in patreon posts, on his discord and on interviews that the style was changing. To allow for bigger gaps between main story content updates. So voiced scenes and larger shots could be produced.

Judging a game after 3 main story updates is crazy. Especially when all

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Not to be expected? Despite NLT said in patreon posts, on his discord and on interviews that the style was changing. To allow for bigger gaps between main story content updates. So voiced scenes and larger shots could be produced.

Judging a game after 3 main story updates is crazy. Especially when all
This might be but I don't sponsor NLT so I am not aware of this. They are making big bucks on the scene. But skipping all of the bugged beta versions all I have see so far is what in the former game was called booty calls. There is no buildup at all here. No relations are build up leading to lewd scenes. Instead you keep on running to the shop to buy all kind of crazy stuff. To please a girl and get a small scene.

NLT can do whatever they want, but this is kind of losing my interest in them. The former games were up and till now far better. Not every change is better........ So you can be happy with it but I am not.

And I will decide to go on playing or deleting this game from my SSD as I formerly posted here. TON was soooooo much better! But you are allowed to enjoy this game so much more as I do. Have fun and enjoy!

neub1i

Nov 26, 2023
This might be but I don't sponsor NLT so I am not aware of this. They are making big bucks on the scene. But skipping all of the bugged beta versions all I have see so far is what in the former game was called booty calls. There is no buildup at all here. No relations are build up leading to lewd scenes. Instead you keep on running to the shop to buy all kind of crazy stuff. To please a girl and get a small scene.

NLT can do whatever they want, but this is kind of losing my interest in them. The former games were up and till now far better. Not every change is better........ So you can be happy with it but I am not.

And I will decide to go on playing or deleting this game from my SSD as I formerly posted here. TON was soooooo much better! But you are allowed to enjoy this game so much more as I do. Have fun and enjoy!
im waiting for the full game. there is no point in fuming over a game that is 5% released. Let them cook and if it sucks, then swarm comments with bad reviews that maybe they try to return to the old recipe that has worked in the past and sells. and as weird it might sound for many, incest is a part of that and i expect some warrior to sacrifice himself and releases a storyline incest patch in the future. but right now we just need to be patient and wait.

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
WEEKLY REPORT

trouble.png

Next week comes a new chapter of Symphony of the Serpent! What's up with Tony and Lola? Can Olivia help you? Are the Miller's getting a bit too close to you? Find out in Chapter 3! We're finishing up the massive amount of lip sync required for this upcoming chapter as well as utilizing some new tools to create a "dream-like" sequence. I'm really happy with the increase in quality with our new animation team and compositing processes.

The world is also growing quickly! The addition of the side-quest girls and having stats impact not only attraction but the mainline story progress as well has really opened up the game in ways that the previous titles didn't. The amount of player choice, while still maintaining a linear main-story, will certainly set SotS apart from the past games. We've got a long way to go but I'm very happy with how things are progressing.

Thank you all for the feedback and support! Have a great week!

3.20 star(s) 48 Votes