Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Game is pretty good, the tabletop gameplay is unusual and a bit grindy if you wanna get better results from each day but I'm getting used to it. I think I ran into a bug or missed something, during the drama classes the teacher said MJ was going to be the lead (Sapho) in the play, but when the story segments about the play started she was stuck playing the nymph, did I mess up the event chain somewhere?
Yes. If you read the dev notes at page 1, you'll see it as a known bug.
You can download the bug fix or ignore it, since it's not game crushing. It's already fixed in 0.43. Thx tho.

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
043promo.png
Hey guys, the XXXMas update 0.43 has gone public since yesterday. You can find the links in the 1st page. Due to increased traffic its publication in the Latest Updates page is still pending.

Also, the debut of Arabella 1890 is ready but only for Patrons. It will be posted here in 45 days probably but due to my busy schedule with TTBS and Goss_IP afterwards, I can't make promises for frequent updates.

background.png
Stay safe.

virus115

Jan 20, 2022
Can understand why almost nobody plays this game all the money problems. I decided to give up after running out of money twice before even turning the girl into an actress due to the stupid random chance dice roll system.

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Can understand why almost nobody plays this game all the money problems. I decided to give up after running out of money twice before even turning the girl into an actress due to the stupid random chance dice roll system.
I'm actually happy to read this. I mean I'm sorry for your time, but in my thousands times of gametesting, I swear I've never gone bankrupt recently, which means that it's not just blind luck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Of course these hints can never exclude entirely the bad luck. But if you insist a little, you'll see that it's not that hard. Anyway, as the actors say: Break a leg! ;)

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Loading any of my V0.33 saves I get tons of errors after basically any move. Is this fixable?

• Sad
Reactions: Basilicata

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
I'm actually happy to read this. I mean I'm sorry for your time, but in my thousands times of gametesting, I swear I've never gone bankrupt recently, which means that it's not just blind luck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Of course these hints can never exclude entirely the bad luck. But if you insist a little, you'll see that it's not that hard. Anyway, as the actors say: Break a leg! ;)
I went broke a couple of times and had to start over. The mechanics can be altered slightly by "saving & quit" and then re-starting, that will alter the dice rolls. Though it comes down to "luck" it can be offset by strategy. I enjoy the randomness and look forward to next update!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Basilicata

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I went broke a couple of times and had to start over. The mechanics can be altered slightly by "saving & quit" and then re-starting, that will alter the dice rolls. Though it comes down to "luck" it can be offset by strategy. I enjoy the randomness and look forward to next update!
I noticed when playtesting that if you use developer mode, every time you reload the script (and perhaps some other actions?), the random seed is reset, and you get the exact same sequence of rolls after that point. That was a problems because I could not get various results for each die roll and could not hit the squares I needed to test different routes. The solution I found was to manually call the renpy.random.Random(seed=None) function with a keyboard-smash number as the seed (could use a python time function too i guess).

4.50 star(s) 47 Votes