bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Basilicata While I really like your game. The way the gane is coded, you have to make sure to save so often, so that once you get a newer version, you can load a save without losing too much ground, is a bit annoying. Trying to load from the "you've reached the end of this version" does not work, you get some credits then right back to the main menu, rather than continuing from where you left off. Can't even do the back button because it takes you back to a screen without that function. See the screens attached below...

screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png

Neverwonder

Oct 14, 2019
Updated for 0.55
Made a mod, that enabled a option to select how many fields you want to jump (after the first round).
Put the file in the game folder and overwrite.
The option shows after you roll your dice and you can click on "Steps" and than you can choose between 1 and 6 steps.
Hey I keep getting this bug everytime I put the mod in the game folder and overwrite it. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Big Rooster

MaximMuster

Jul 23, 2018
Hey I keep getting this bug everytime I put the mod in the game folder and overwrite it. Did I do something wrong?

Don`t know which bug you mean but i testet it and on my side there was no problem.
I changed the folder, so that you only need to put the mod in the folder, unpack and override it.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Loved this. I really like the music too. Tho, I wonder if I could make a mod with actual pop and rock hits from 1999.
Are you familiar with modding?

You could make a mod simply by creating a rpy file that loads after the "script.rpy" file due to having a filename that is alphabetically after "s", like "zz_music.rpy", and in the file define the same label name. Because it is loaded later, you will override the original label with your own.

Then of course you need to put in your own music files, but be careful of including them in a mod archive. Beware the RIAA and the record company's attack lawyers, they are more tenacious in hunting pirates than most "intellectual property" owners.

Here is the renpy script code that controls the music on the game board - this is the label that must be replaced to override the default music on the gameboard screen.
(and please don't criticize the code, the Dev is very creative but not originally from a technical background, so he strives to make things work using the things he knows, even if it is not "good code style")

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
not so good, but all my reviews gets deleted, unless they are 4-5 stars.
They put some flag on me. So if I do one wrong, which is usually being below 3 stars, I have to redo the shit.
This is 2 stars. With cheat it's... still 2 stars, maybe with more content.

Also downvote this all you like, I know people are different but, saying this is a good game is just.. bad! Make it a visual novel and it will be done in 30 minutes. Then it would be good, I agree. But... no...

I wanna say fuck you all?, for whatever reason, fuck you all! :)
Buh Bye

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Shouldn't this have the female protag tag? You're technically playing as a male protagonist, but practically 80% of the game is from the FL's pov.

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Shouldn't this have the female protag tag? You're technically playing as a male protagonist, but practically 80% of the game is from the FL's pov.
I see your point but I disagree. MJ doesn't make decisions and doesn't choose anything. Even on the side quests, when she's alone, the MC is the one who makes the decisions for her.
The MC manages, decides, punishes, manipulates, bargains and seduces.

kkk2018

May 17, 2018
I really like this game. But I have to say that the money mechanism is really unfriendly, especially for new players and during the first few days (rounds). Turning MJ into a reserved, obedient character is a solution, but this also means missing out on contents. I would instead suggest implementing some sort of lending or bank-loaning system, which can even open up opportunities for more lewd scenes should the player/MJ fails to pay off the debts.

Another thing. To combine the tutorial with a bj scene is brilliant. It might also be a good idea to explain in the tutorial how MJ's character types affect her event options.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Basilicata

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I really like this game. But I have to say that the money mechanism is really unfriendly, especially for new players and during the first few days (rounds). Turning MJ into a reserved, obedient character is a solution, but this also means missing out on contents. I would instead suggest implementing some sort of lending or bank-loaning system, which can even open up opportunities for more lewd scenes should the player/MJ fails to pay off the debts.

Another thing. To combine the tutorial with a bj scene is brilliant. It might also be a good idea to explain in the tutorial how MJ's character types affect her event options.
I know and I often explain it to my patrons. A management game has a lot of fine tuning to be done along the way. I'll find the sweet point sooner or later, where there's challenge but not Dark Souls challenge! Later with the image expenses too (clothes, accessories, jewelery), car payments, appartment etc it would be even more challenging.

But playing her as Reserved for this, seems a little bit of an overkill. Idk - I've played it a 1000 times and now the times that I go bankrupt are very few.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BTW A small trade secret:
Killing Ned Stark- Remember in The Game of Thrones when Ned was killed at the end of the first season? Everyone was shocked and realized that this story is unforgiving and realistic enough. No one was out of the woods. Everyone could die at any moment.
Using the same mechanism in videogames gives the same effect: The game is supposed to make you bankrupt a couple of times initially in order to pay more attention at the finances and also see the Bankruptcy ending. Being a struggling wannabe actress in Hollywood isn't easy. :)

kkk2018

May 17, 2018
I know and I often explain it to my patrons. A management game has a lot of fine tuning to be done along the way. I'll find the sweet point sooner or later, where there's challenge but not Dark Souls challenge! Later with the image expenses too (clothes, accessories, jewelery), car payments, appartment etc it would be even more challenging.
Looking forward to subsequent updates. Keep up the good work and good luck (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Basilicata
4.50 star(s) 47 Votes