VN Unity Abandoned Taboo Stories: Breaking Taboo Barrier [v0.25.1] [PhantoMaster]

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
I think the name is meant to be a part of the story. The MC mentions his name not rolling off the tongue.
that's just a Vary lame excuse . Please add the option for the player to rename the m.c some players hate being stuck with cheesy default m.c.'s names [1] it breaks the immersion for some player's [ 2 ] The player might know some one with that name and it kills the mod for the player name might be an enemy or relative with that name [3] Some player would prefer to use there own name or name the m.c themselves [4 some] some players hate using default names

PhantoMaster

Jan 11, 2019
Hi guys! It was quick, thanks to everyone who comments, I read all of you.) The patron is a temporary measure, I hope it is clear that I also need some kind of reward after all! I plan to complete this project in 2-3 months.

As for the size, this is Unity, what did you expect? This is not some renderings on RenPy, everything is completely in 3D. But the good news is, the whole storyline takes place in the house, so the size of the final game will not exceed 3-3.5 Gb. Also, I'm still learning it's only been 8 months since I started learning Unity, so in the future I will find more effective optimization methods, I hope))

PhantoMaster

Jan 11, 2019
that's just a Vary lame excuse . Please add the option for the player to rename the m.c some players hate being stuck with cheesy default m.c.'s names [1] it breaks the immersion for some player's [ 2 ] The player might know some one with that name and it kills the mod for the player name might be an enemy or relative with that name [3] Some player would prefer to use there own name or name the m.c themselves [4 some] some players hate using default names
Why complicate it, I really don't see the need to add the ability to change the name. When you read a book, do you also replace the characters ' names with your own?

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
:confused: Game looks cool but so hard to play even lowered graphics res + quality same
My pc cant handle it ffs :(

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
Why complicate it, I really don't see the need to add the ability to change the name. When you read a book, do you also replace the characters ' names with your own?
yes I Do change the name first name at least don't care about the last name . Hows it going to complicate it ? I already know for a fact that it would only take a few minutes to add that option in the game. So please add that option

Reactions: Valeck

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
is that a comb over? please tell me thats not a comb over.
That's not a comb over
Nobody tell fulcrum it's a comb over. :ROFLMAO:

[ 2 ] The player might know some one with that name and it kills the mod for the player name might be an enemy or rel
Playing an incest game and thinking it might be the same name as a relative kills the mood?
I know someone getting married this year (I know, fool) but his soon to be wife has the female version of his brother's name.... guess they ain't having kids :BootyTime:

Reactions: Saryon

-VALKORION-

Jul 9, 2017
I mean, while I agree that the forced name is probably unnecessary to the narrative, and I agree that being able to choose such things is nice, you know because agency in games is almost always preferable to being forced to do something. I don't get why you would have a problem with them having the same name as a relative, given the very nature of this game. Just saying home slice. ;)

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Did not like it one bit. All lovely with multiple cameras but when the image is bad it does not improve it. The night club was a waste of time well the whole thing was. It better improve dramatically. I agree it was a tech demo but the text panel is far too big.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
The neighborhood background in those jogging 'shots looks really good. MC's scalp exposed in the backlighting, not so good.

Reactions: nexer