Mod Ren'Py Taboo University - Multi-Mod [v0.5.21] [LightmanP]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Generally, you can. If you're choosing multiple paths, you'll be railroaded into 1 of them on the non-modded, though.
I used the the mod just for the girls points. Picking only two paths like the game forces you to do in the unmodded version. But I tried to play the new version without the mod and it was full of exceptions errors and the game ended in a loop. I don't know if that was due to modded saves or what, that's why I'm asking :unsure:
I will try a modded run and a vanilla one to see if something changes.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I used the the mod just for the girls points. Picking only two paths like the game forces you to do in the unmodded version. But I tried to play the new version without the mod and it was full of exceptions errors and the game ended in a loop. I don't know if that was due to modded saves or what, that's why I'm asking :unsure:
They updated Ren'Py version which may have contributed to this. No issues with modded saves+game, though.

Reactions: Ragnar

karrorey

Jan 26, 2022
hi guys can anyone plz fix This problem with mod / when i open The game i got This :

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpy', 1640518254, 1) is defined twice, at game/VinovellaUniversity-0.4.16_Multi-Mod/game/code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpy:1 and code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpyc:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 504, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpy', 1640518254, 1) is defined twice, at game/VinovellaUniversity-0.4.16_Multi-Mod/game/code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpy:1 and code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpyc:1.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307

Sat Jul 1 16:25:33 2023

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
hi guys can anyone plz fix This problem with mod / when i open The game i got This :

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 504, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307

Sat Jul 1 16:25:33 2023
Read the installation and remove misplaced folder.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Should read Lumi +1, no?

Also, I posted this question in the game thread, but figured I would post it here as well, just in case it's an issue with the mod:

Why did the game cut straight from the sex scene with Irene to meeting Ezra (the artist), despite me not having spoken to or having met Ezra yet?

Reactions: LightmanP

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I've updated the mod and added the missing first Ezra's scene when on Sally's path.

Should read Lumi +1, no?
This was updated as well.

I missed that Sally/Ezra is a branching choice and just added her last scene initially, now it should show the first one along with some dialogue later as well. Probably will have a proper option to follow both as with other investigations, a quick fix for now.

DarkFalco

Jan 18, 2018
I have a issue at the end of the Winners party I get a series of errors (details below) and then it loops me back to the meeting with the Winners to get a uniform. Any ideas anyone??

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
I'm finding myself unable to check all three groups, I finish with one and it says Save Your Game Now and so on. Must be doing something wrong on my end, mod works fine for the other features.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I'm finding myself unable to check all three groups, I finish with one and it says Save Your Game Now and so on. Must be doing something wrong on my end, mod works fine for the other features.
You need to investigate all the first time there's a group choice to have all again in the new update.

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
Ah I thought it might be something like that. I started without the mod ... So my best bet is to restart and skip through then. Thanks!

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
I usually don't use the "do all" cheats in any mods so that I can experience the story as intended. But this game makes me wonder. Is there an actual story reason for why we can't investigate all groups, or is it just replayability and gating content?

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
OK, it looks like it is from the mod, I tried it from the 0.4.16a version too, but keep get this error message popping up between scenes. There was a few comments on the game section that was having this problem too.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
OK, it looks like it is from the mod, I tried it from the 0.4.16a version too, but keep get this error message popping up between scenes. There was a few comments on the game section that was having this problem too.
Try loading an earlier save before starting this update. I have no such issues on my end, doesn't seem to be the mod.
If that's after your first group investigation, you can do this in the console: b1c07_return = 1

Worst case - you can start anew, shouldn't be any issues then.

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Try loading an earlier save before starting this update. I have no such issues on my end, doesn't seem to be the mod.
If that's after your first group investigation, you can do this in the console: b1c07_return = 2

Worst case - you can start anew, shouldn't be any issues then.
Ah, the earlier save thing did work. Now I know not to rely on the Save Now screen. ;) Thank you for that.

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
this choice really, really reeeeeaaaalllly needs a "both" if can do.
otherwise if you choose Sally's path you get a continuation of the artist scene without ever having met her

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
this choice really, really reeeeeaaaalllly needs a "both" if can do.
otherwise if you choose Sally's path you get a continuation of the artist scene without ever having met her
The current version should show you all the artist scenes when on Sally's path. I'll probably go back and add it there or add another choice for those who are already on Sally's.

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
The current version should show you all the artist scenes when on Sally's path. I'll probably go back and add it there or add another choice for those who are already on Sally's.
yeah i started from the beginning yesterday and i know i never saw a scene with the artist until after the under library scene.

which she states she was waiting for our return

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes