Mod Ren'Py Taboo University - Multi-Mod [v0.5.21] [LightmanP]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
The mod (v0.5.21) is now updated on in early access. I will add it here 36h after the game is updated on Latest Updates.
  • Added another choice to investigate all groups in case you missed it.
  • A choice to continue with both Sally and Ezra's paths if you picked Sally before (instead of it being automatic). Option for the initial choice added as well.

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
The mod (v0.5.21) is now updated on in early access. I will add it here 36h after the game is updated on Latest Updates.
  • A choice to continue with both Sally and Ezra's paths if you picked Sally before (instead of it being automatic). Option for the initial choice added as well.
So ~36h after this new post.

Alig200

Dec 9, 2018
Getting the following error with the 0.5.21 version of the mod, which causes the game to start back from the uniform meeting section a few times before it'll let me continue. After encountering that error like three times, and redoing that section three times, it seems to have let me continue.
Figured I'd post it here since its much easier to include the error under a spoiler tag:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Worth noting that this occured on a fresh new game, and not from a previous save, since I didn't have any lol.

Last edited:

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I don't even remember who Sally Erza are. Which of the 3 groups are they part of?

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Is the previous content playable with the outdated mod on it?
Best to find the previous game version. You can mostly play but some investigation scenes could be missed because of some changes and resulting error. But you can catch up and see all those scenes in the new update when the mod is out here.

I don't even remember who Sally Erza are. Which of the 3 groups are they part of?
Self-help one.

Getting the following error with the 0.5.21 version of the mod, which causes the game to start back from the uniform meeting section a few times before it'll let me continue. After encountering that error like three times, and redoing that section three times, it seems to have let me continue.
Figured I'd post it here since its much easier to include the error under a spoiler tag:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Worth noting that this occured on a fresh new game, and not from a previous save, since I didn't have any lol.
Fixed on Patreon. You were probably skipping investigation scenes but this last update allows to complete 2 group (or 3 with mod option) investigations fully.

Last edited:

Dirk23

Jul 31, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpy', 1640518254, 1) is defined twice, at game/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpyc:1 and code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpyc:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 504, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpy', 1640518254, 1) is defined twice, at game/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpyc:1 and code/Book-1/Chapter-1/s02.rpyc:1.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307

Thu Jan 4 06:41:20 2024

tried to open with the updated mod

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 504, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307

Thu Jan 4 06:41:20 2024

tried to open with the updated mod
Check Installation, you need to copy 'game' folder into TabooUniversity root

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes