Unity Abandoned TAG [v1.1.1] [Fluke S Studios]

May 28, 2019
TAG 1.1.0.jpg

Overview:
TAG is a silly little game (demo) I made to teach myself a little game design. TAG is a first person adventure about you the player crashing your space ship on an alien planet inhabited by a sexy alien race determined to get their mitts on the rarest of commodities. MEN!​

Thread Updated: 2021-02-06
Release Date: 2021-02-06
Developer: Fluke S Studios
Censored: No
Version: 1.1.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - - - -
Linux: - - - -

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg
7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

Last edited:

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Is this one of those cases where it would be more appropriate to put on a bra on their face? The eye balls might be bigger than the boobs
Either way, good luck on with your first game (y)

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
As you have said you made this game to learn game design, I will take such into account and talk about the game's design over all else.
Right from the start, mouse sensitivity starts at the lowest value and resets after every death/new game. It should really start at medium and... not reset. Also the note in the camp starts the game in the player's inventory, that doesn't feel intentional. Also there's no toggle for motion blur, and while it isn't the end of the world, it is annoying. Also, you can't skip the opening cutscene. It isn't long, but it if was, it'd be a serious issue.
No checkpoints is a bit of a thorn in the ass, as it forces replaying through combat sequences again and again to make progress. Also, I climbed a wall I wasn't supposed to, climbed atop the temple's shield, and was assaulted with 'I should try powering down the orbs around the island' messages. Say it once, wait for the player to leave the trigger, then say it again if they come back. On top of that, there's no gravity when walking off cliffs, the player just teleports to the ground. Feels very jarring and unnatural. Also, the stone arches don't have hitboxes, players can walk right through them.
Next, the combat is ass. No, not because it's a simple 'walk up and click on them' system, this is a dev proof of concept and not a 'real' game, but because enemies are stupid and cheating. The meta for this basic combat system is to attack and back up, and while the player is faster, enemies who miss a punch will still hit if the player moves back into range too soon, as the active frames of the punch far exceed the visual animation. They are also, however, stupid, and will frequently stop responding and get stuck on flat terrain. I suspect their pathfinding is getting stuck on geometry. Oh, and an enemy just hit me after she'd been defeated, that's also not allowed as that will result in MAXIMUM RAGE if it causes a death. Also, the player's attack has a small input delay and will fire twice if the mouse is pressed again during the current attack animation. Makes the combat feel clunky and restrictive. Also, Ferals who play an actual death animation can be attacked to replay their death animation and still block the player's path when dead, might want to not do that in a real game, could cause some softlocks.
Also, small regenerating health kits are a no. That causes a meta of being forced to wait and camp respawns after every fight, which isn't fun for the player. I won't go too into balance, dev proof of concept, but to maintain pacing and mimize player annoyance, they should fully heal in one go. If we cared about making this balanced, the health kits would then also not respawn, but a block mechanic would be more important as combat is the core gameplay, so eh.
Also, there are four main enemies in this game. Guards, Ferals, Imps, and the grass, which attacks my graphics card and sends my FPS into a nosedive, making it hard to time my attacks and evade patrols. I don't know if that one's you or unity, but your grass is poorly optimised and causes massive slowdown when too much is on screen.
I wasn't able to finish the game to see inside the temple or ?fight? the queen. I died after pulling two Ferals and backing into a flower after half an hour with one orb to go, and the thought of doing it all again sickened me. I was, however, able to fall out of world by climbing the wall guarding the queen and hugging the invisible wall surrounding her until I dropped under the ocean below the hurt trigger and then walking along the seafloor until I found an unguarded map edge and promptly jumped off because lul. That invsi wall probably should've been at the gate and not the island, and the hurt trigger should either extend further down or be layered atop a kill trigger at any depth where the player would be completely submerged.

|-|ans

Jan 1, 2020
I have to say this game looks appealing.. a nice original art style but.. without a Linux build I only can look at the sample pics so no idea about the game itself.. ;):LOL:

TheChewables

May 11, 2017
Here is an idea for an update! Add in graphical options that let us turn off that obnoxious motion blur and maybe some other ones that turn off other common graphical options

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
I will tell this once: if this game in future will have "belly bulging animation from cum" its gonna be golden period.

9oo

Apr 28, 2020
Finally an actualy 'real' unity game. Well done to developer. Excellent concept. But there's no sex even though it's tagged that it has sex. Dev, if you gonna make sex, make sure it's intense and hard.

May 28, 2019
As you have said you made this game to learn game design, I will take such into account and talk about the game's design over all else...
Thank you for such in depth feedback! I really appreciate it. I'm still in the process of learning as much as I can so please be patient but I promise to get better and this type of constructive criticism helps me to know where to focus

Reactions: Unknow_XY