Unity Abandoned TAG [v1.1.1] [Fluke S Studios]

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Just put out an update!
Hopefully a bunch of things you wanted were fixed.

Still working on a save system, but for now you respawn back at the beginning when defeated, but don't lose any progress.

Check out the changelog to see the other changes and there's still more to come
All right, I'm back. I beat 1.0.3 in about ten minutes, a testament to my training in the old version where attacks where psychic and the framerate was theoretical at best. ...Or is it?
Now that attacks are grounded in reality, enemies are suffering heavily and unable to fight the player effectively. It's a combination of three factors, the tiny hitbox when attacking, the wind-up before enemies swing, and the enemies AI itself.
Put them together, and enemies cannot hit players who are moving, have circled to one side while remaining in base contact, or are in a specific range where the player is out of range of the enemy's attack, but close enough the enemy THINKS the player is in range.
While the hitbox and windup are more a balancing decision then core gameplay, the AI is not. Enemies are overestimating their own attack range and are unable to track a player who circles them while remaining 'in range' causing enemies to swing viciously at thin air while the player looks over their shoulder. Basically, their move-to-player/ATTACK AI has too wide a radius for ATTACK and doesn't check where the player actually is between swings, just that they're still in ATTACK radius.
That being said, while I did state I would focus more on the core design and less on balance and content... the game as it is now can 'almost' be beaten by walking everywhere, letting a conga line of guards follow you everywhere, their walk speed slightly faster then the player but unable to stop or hit the player who refuses to stop moving. Again, this quickly becomes a balancing thing, right now all players can do in combat is move, sprint, and attack, so making the enemies too adept will kill the combat system.
As I stated I would be focusing on core game design and not balance, I'll leave the details of tweaking the actual difficulty of the combat alone, other then clarifying that the 'almost' is the obvious queen boss fight and the fact that Ferals have a wider hitbox that can hit moving players if said player isn't moving directly away from them, making them able to hit moving players but only occasionally and in numbers. That's a feature, not a fault, I don't only talk about things that have problems with them.
Also, quitting to the menu and starting a new game promptly softlocks the opening cutscene. Might want to get that one looked at.

Reactions: Unknow_XY

dewrules

Mar 5, 2018
Really like this game. Its fun and interesting. Hopefully there will be more actions that player can do with defeated enemies. Like share a love scene or whatever... or if MC is defeated some femdom (Creator of the game knows better what direction this game will take - just suggestions).
On that note it is nice when MC has options to do good or evil, if ppl dont like certain actions they can choose not to behave certain ways and if they do the options are available. This will target broader audience.

PS: Perhaps some magic attack that makes enemies aroused where you can join in on the fun. If fighting is mandatory perhaps their health should be below certain point for magic to work.

Reactions: Aph194 and bulifun
May 28, 2019
All right, I'm back.
First let me truly thank you again for such in depth feed back, and honestly I entirely agree. The scripts I wrote for the player and enemies are really showing their limitations. Good news is that I've been researching different approaches on how to handle these behaviors and decided that it's best to create all new scripts. This took some time but moving forward, I feel I now have a good base code to begin implementing. I want the combat/interaction with the enemies to be much more dynamic and fun so this is what I'm mainly working on now.

Reactions: Unknow_XY
May 28, 2019
To all those asking if this game will have sex or specific fetishes, I really don't know, but hope so. My original idea was to have both an R and X rated version of the game but that will really depend on the feedback and support I get

For now, I'm really just trying to make the core gameplay as fun as I can so that is what I'm mainly focusing on.

I'll keep learning, I promise!

but I must admit sometimes I just can't help but to play around with some of the models. here's a new idea for the feral skin, hope you like it
Feral new skin.png

May 28, 2019
Really like this game. Its fun and interesting. Hopefully there will be more actions that player can do with defeated enemies. Like share a love scene or whatever...
Absolutely, 100%, agree!
This is the kind of stuff I'm working on now.

I hope I don't get ahead of myself here since I really need to learn more before implementing but..

how fun would it be to have a sword that gets more and more limp as the players health decreases

May 28, 2019
Hey Everyone!

So, I know it's been a while but I've been tinkering with the game. Well more like tearing it down to the foundation setting off some dynamite and rebuilding. I started with just wanting to improve upon the combat system but then one thing led to another and...

Lets call it a a whole new re-imagining of the game. I'm still working on a few things, but 1.1.0 should be released in the next few days (please, no more big hiccups)

Here are a few of the things to expect
-Redesigned map
-New combat systems
-New quests and puzzles
-All new animations (I know I'm not great, I'll get better)
-Updated look to Ferals and Soldiers

Check out some of the screenshots
TAG 01.jpg TAG 02.jpg TAG 03.jpg TAG 04.jpg TAG 05.jpg TAG 06.jpg TAG 07.jpg

May 28, 2019
YAY! It's finally here!

Remember 2 weeks ago when I said it would be released in a few days as long as there were no hiccups? Well that was dumb. I guess I must have angered the Unity gods or sumthin

Enjoy the newest build, it's got a bunch of changes and I hope you like them.
As always, it's not yet perfect but I'd love another round of feedback

Thanks for hanging in there!

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Reporting in.
The good: The AI works, correctly knowing its range and to turn and face a player trying to stare at their ass. ...Oh dear.
The Bad: Most glaringly, the AI have a longer attack range then the player. They have an easier time hitting a player running away then the player has hitting a chasing enemy. Combined with the attack startup, the new meta is click, move into base contact, swing, then back out before the enemy's windup finishes. While this is decently skillful gameplay, there needs to be better feedback. At first, I couldn't tell if my swings were missing or just not registering, because standing still and going toe-to-toe with a guard isn't enough to actually deal damage to them.
Second most important, Imps. Their attacks have a touch of the ol' phantom hits of the 1.0.2 build, but more importantly their sounds are FUCKED. I can hear the bastards as if they're right in my ear at sixty paces. I can hear them from the crash site! I was literally going out of my way to hunt them down and kill them to shut them up, that's a pretty obvious bug.
Less obvious is... Are Ferals supposed to be friendly? They're harmless. I saw the hint and checked, sure enough, they start dancing for you if you watch them with binoculars... and if you watch them without binoculars... or if they just get close enough at all. They flee when approached, and even when I chased one down and smacked her ass, she promptly floated up into the air, hovering with her limbs spread out. That... did look intentional, there were particles on her arms that looked deliberate, but then I walked inside her as only her feet had collision, and she promptly took off for the hills, flying away in her functional T-pose for several seconds.
The new map/main quest is... well. On terms of game design, I went out to deactivate all the orbs, because they were clearly visible and I'd played the older builds. I defeated all the guards for kicks because I saw them taking up positions inside the shield and wanted the whole set. I deactivated the shield, headed inside, quickly found out what to do, summoned the giant square dong, and... stucked. I circled the island, checking over the hints, and found the one for the orbs, as I had previously found the pillar hint and mistook it for the Orbs as they're mounted on pillars. Even then, I remained confused until I spotted one of the buttons and, on a whim, pushed it as it looked like a bug. I then circled the island twice more to find the other two, headed to the end, and that's all she wrote.
This is straying out of hard science and more into personal preference/developer's choice, but I don't like surprise scavenger hunts. It's not the mechanic itself, just... not as a surprise. I was racking my head trying to figure out which of the many decorative pillars around the island could be interacted with when I spotted the first button. A little more clarification would help prevent players from getting bored and leaving while trying to figure out what to do, the good ol' survivor's note or whatever.... But again, out of the realm of objective game design.

May 28, 2019
Reporting in.
The good: The AI works, correctly knowing its range and to turn and face a player trying to stare at their ass. ...Oh dear.
The Bad: Most glaringly, the AI have a longer attack range then the player. They have an easier time hitting a player running...
Thanks as always! I really appreciate such in depth critiques,

I do have the ferals as non aggressive. The idea being, if you follow and spy on them they will lead you to hints and activate objects. If you get to close they try to tease you into chasing them which interrupts their flow of leading to those hints. If you catch them you get a little reward by giving them an orgasm. I can see how that may not seem natural and intuitive and will work on it.

Based on your and other feedback here are some of the items on my punch-list. Anyone feel free to make suggestions and I'll add them if they work within the project and my abilities. Keep in mind, the idea here is to keep it R-rated(for now). Something goofy and fun with boobies and butts. If this game gains enough interest and support, I would love the idea of having an R and X rated version.

- adjust hit parameters for enemies and player
- better enemy hit feedback
- find out what is causing phantom hits from ferals on different systems
- imp volume levels
- feral collisions
- differentiate better between objectives and make them more obvious
- fix enemy sliding during animations
- work on feral orgasm reward scenario

Thanks again everyone. If you keep talking, I'll keep learning!

testry

Sep 18, 2017
may I ask for a walkthru/suggestions? Because the game doesn't allow me to save my progress yet.
After I gathered 10 girls to the temple I got stuck. Found a blue blob and that's it. I understand there is more content I'm missing.

May 28, 2019
may I ask for a walkthru/suggestions? Because the game doesn't allow me to save my progress yet.
After I gathered 10 girls to the temple I got stuck. Found a blue blob and that's it. I understand there is more content I'm missing.
Absolutely! Here are the basics
-spy on the ferals (orange girls) to locate the 6 hints and 3 orbs (embedded in rocks)
-power down the 5 pillars to deactivate the force field
-defeat 10 soldiers (blue girls) to all go to the temple
-activate all 10 soldiers at the temple to raise the penis monolith
-click the 3 orbs to activate the 3 boob pedestals (near the big golden statue)
-click on the 3 boob pedestals to make them all start bouncing and the statue will open her legs and activate a button on the monolith
-click on the monolith button to lower the bridge and walk across

I'm beginning to work on an update that will improve upon the story-line and make these objectives clearer along with other fixes and improvements. I am working on a save system, but I must say it's the toughest challenge I've faced in this project. I'll get there soon, I hope.

Thanks for helping!