MinhPl

Apr 14, 2020
Anyone has some tips when building a deck? And is all types of DoT in a deck good or only choose 1?

ShadowEdge

Jan 15, 2018
Anyone has some tips when building a deck? And is all types of DoT in a deck good or only choose 1?
Burn is the best DoT because it damages at the beginning of the turn, not giving the enemies chance to attack.
Bleed is OK, but you will be attacked before it kills the enemy.
You can only apply poison through follow-up attacks. I didn't find a way to make a viable poison deck. Unlike burn, that can stack ridiculously high.

My tips for deckbuilding is:
Early game: Focus on balanced damage. Charge up + Combo + burn. ATK runes on everything. Abuse enemy weaknesses.

Mid Game: Balanced DoT. Bleed + Counter/Poison + Burn. Abuse pickup stone with surplus + DEF. Look for an event that gives -1 crystal and you have a 0 cost card that returns to the hand.

Late game: BURN! use the 1 cost cards with no mods and customize them with runes. Abuse the shit out of pickup stone.

Frankly, I found the game highly exploitable and far too easy. I have no idea why people were having trouble with it. The hardest part was discarding the halos fast enough.

This is my "You have to try really hard to lose" deck:
Deck.png
I never used pierce or any anti shield effects because DoT simply destroyed every boss with shield and everything.

cenxes

Feb 20, 2018
  • In early game you should only focus on 1 or 2 keywords (it affects your drop too, for example Treasure that improves Burn only drop if you have that keyword in your deck), at late game you will gain access to high tier rune that can max out your keyword instantly so you can expand to 3 or more.
  • You should have some type of priority list about which card you want to discard, it is an important part as many of them give you Aura that get carried on through your run (as long as you do not choose the rest option that restore your health). You should aim to max out those Halos by discarding as many as you can, and retrieve them back after elite battle or any resting point.
  • Stuff as many runes as you can into your cards, as you can get them back at anytime, but remember 1 card can only have 3 modifiers at max. You can always grind at the bonus dungeons, or just cheat gold and hoarding as much as you can, it does not make the game any less fun for me. Jump straight up to the newly unlocked dungeon first so you can unlock higher runes at the shop.
  • Attribute counter is generally not that important, because most late game bosses have neutral attribute anyways, and you should not struggle with normal creeps.
  • You does not have to empty your hand before resting, you can purposefully rest and discard to facilitate your combo.
About DoT, you should have only focus on 1 type at early game, and may expand to 2-3 at late game, you should also have some additional effects like Stun, Freeze, Paralysis or Weakness to help. Personally I prefer Burn as it is easy to access and deal damage before opponent has a chance to act.

You have many options for your actual deck, which mostly will be based around some key cards that have incredible scaling. Although I recommend to mess around and find out, here are some of my builds that you could try.
  • Charge Up build with Tiger Slash: Tiger Slash gains 3.5x boost (with 2 Innate runes) from Charge Up, so you can build up your charge with Unsheathed Slash, then Morale and Rest (all stacked up with Charge Up rune) before throw out Tiger Slash for consistently ~100 dmg each, while Morale / Rest keep you healthy. You must not use any offensive cards while building up your charge, and use Rest before Tiger Slash to minimize cost. Discard Unsheathed Slash along your run.
  • DoT build with Spirit Break: Spirit Break spread all debuff from the targeted opponent to others, and Flames of Illusion with 2 Innate runes + max tier Burn / Poison runes can place 30 DoT debuff for each use, combine with Pyroblast and Poison Bite to focus stack on one opponent then Spirit Break to create a massive chaos, especially at late game where at one point you will have a 1 v 5 battle.
  • Armor build with Shield Bash: Stack up your shield to an interstellar amount before bashing the f out of your opponent, although it has a long build up and requires some late game cards to work. Basically you use card like Benefaction and Extender Defender to quickly stack armor for you and your opponent. Then stack Armor Penetration rune and Splash rune to your Shield Bash to gains massive boost against shielded opponent (the reason we give the opponent a small amount of armor). After a full turn build up, a single Shield Bash can dish out ~400-500 damage easily, while your Una rolling like a wrecking ball with just as much armor.
  • Burn build with Pyroblast: This build requires Pyroblast with 2 Innate runes and 1 Replicant rune, even though it looks strong, it now cost 6 crystal, but worry not, just use Rest (2 crystal) beforehand and now your Pyroblast is free. Stack massive Burn with all your hand, leave 2 Crystals for Rest and (double) Pyroblast, then immediately rest in the next turn and repeat the combo again. You can stack few hundred Burn on your opponent easily, then deal few hundred damage too because Pyroblast also scale with Burn stack. If you are lucky to get the Treasure that double your burn damage, you can watch your opponent melting in literal sense.
There are many builds that I am trying like stack Poison / life leach build with follow up attack and poison blade and combo-focused build, but those are not completed yet.

Reactions: thewhitespirit

bakasaru01

Feb 13, 2019
One of the easiest build I found to be useful is the charge up setups. Runes for the setup also come pretty early. You just but tiger slash the rune that level the first skill and splash. The rest is just defense and heal cards with charge up. There is also one heal card which reduce the next card played to 0 so tiger slash cost doesnt matter.

PacoDelTaco

Sep 8, 2021
Burn is the best DoT because it damages at the beginning of the turn, not giving the enemies chance to attack.
Bleed is OK, but you will be attacked before it kills the enemy.
You can only apply poison through follow-up attacks. I didn't find a way to make a viable poison deck. Unlike burn, that can stack ridiculously high.

My tips for deckbuilding is:
Early game: Focus on balanced damage. Charge up + Combo + burn. ATK runes on everything. Abuse enemy weaknesses.

Mid Game: Balanced DoT. Bleed + Counter/Poison + Burn. Abuse pickup stone with surplus + DEF. Look for an event that gives -1 crystal and you have a 0 cost card that returns to the hand.

Late game: BURN! use the 1 cost cards with no mods and customize them with runes. Abuse the shit out of pickup stone.

Frankly, I found the game highly exploitable and far too easy. I have no idea why people were having trouble with it. The hardest part was discarding the halos fast enough.

This is my "You have to try really hard to lose" deck:
View attachment 2765786
I never used pierce or any anti shield effects because DoT simply destroyed every boss with shield and everything.
I found that stacking the following halo effects were ruinous. Counterattack, follow-up attack, and poison on follow-up attack. Pair that with a bunch of cheap/free AP combo cards and that card that eats your entire combo for bonus DMG and follow-up attacks will quickly pile on poison and power poison, and every time you get attacked at full CA stacks doles out another pile of poison and raw damage, and you have potentially the nastiest DOT combo in the game, especially when you can pair it with nothingness and pick up stone to stockpile shield into the stratosphere. Last time I tackled the final area I rolled into the last boss fight with 1000+ shield and fully stacked halos. Basically just stood there and ate her attacks, and when my shields dipped below 500 I'd charge up a massive combo and shred her, stacking on 4 stacks of power poison and a high stack of standard.

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
I didn't find a way to make a viable poison deck.
It's pretty straightforward though. There's not that many cards that apply poison anyway, it's mostly rune stuff. I did a poison deck to get rid of the 2nd special Fish dungeon.

1689260356478.png

The poison bite is especially powerful as it multiplies the stacks of poison on an enemy. If you manage it nicely, you can get 3 to 4 power poison in a single turn. This is by no mean an optimized deck and I don't know how it would fair in a main dungeon, but against the Fish dungeons, it worked.

For main dungeons, I just burnt my way through it
Take_Me_To_The_Dungeon!!_nqOzkQ9vpe.png

For the last boss
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
Oh, I didn't understand that was how it worked. So its the poison equivalent of pyroblast.

Is there anything that multiply bleed?

And what the hell earth geyser does?
I don't remember seeing one for bleed but I didn't pay much attention. For Earth Geyser I tested it quickly but didn't fully understand its purpose either.

cdawg20789

Jun 25, 2018
Is this game completed? I see that it is on Steam and there is no indication that it is an Early Access game, and the version here lists it as "1.0.5 Steam Cracked", but yet I see no completed tag. Can anyone who has played it let me know whether the game is completed or not? Please and thank you.

Mar 27, 2018
Is this game completed? I see that it is on Steam and there is no indication that it is an Early Access game, and the version here lists it as "1.0.5 Steam Cracked", but yet I see no completed tag. Can anyone who has played it let me know whether the game is completed or not? Please and thank you.
It is completed.

Reactions: cdawg20789

edale

Apr 1, 2018
Quick tip for the final boss.
"Blizzard" card will knock the bomb all the way to blasting the enemy, even if it's 1 hit away from blasting you.

It's discard halo for counterattacks also pairs AMAZINGLY with the discard halo from "Poison Strike."
By the boss of a dungeon, it wasn't uncommon for each hit from an enemy to result in them getting 30 or so poison stacks. And that was with both skills discard skills only at 1*, at 3* with both you'd probably be getting over 200 stacks of poison per hit from counterattacks.

Oh and for burn builds, more so than even the Treasure that increase burn damage, what you really want to get is the Treasure that reduces the stack reduction from 50% a turn to 30% a turn. I've had over a thousand stacks of burn on an enemy thanks to strategic use of the burn stack multiplier from "Pyroblast" with that.

StarVII7

Nov 13, 2018
It's the succubus boss I'm referring to, I've lost to her a few times, with all her daughters up or alone and I get a very short scene and nothing added to the gallery/memories. Is there some specific stage or thing that I'm missing to get the level 80 scene? Apart from obviously losing to the boss.
There's no loss scene. Only a win scene

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes