gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
There are obvious similarities to Lab Rats in the "getting the girls" mechanic, however I would argue that the story is pretty different. Also TO has way more content than LR1 (haven't tried LR2).
The early versions of the game were a pretty obvious knock-off, but it's since sprouted wildly in all sorts of different directions, not all of them really explored very thoroughly. The game has changed directions a few times, from the early serum-dosing frolics, to introducing a strategic layer and then more or less leaving it on the shelf, to go-here-to-trigger-the-next-event style VN in sandbox clothing.

I don't think I've played it in about a year though, so no idea where the gameplay is at these days.

Reactions: Cartageno

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
There are obvious similarities to Lab Rats in the "getting the girls" mechanic, however I would argue that the story is pretty different. Also TO has way more content than LR1 (haven't tried LR2).
The difference is scope. In neither LR1 nor 2 do you ever really expand your power beyond dosing single characters. It's also much lighter on story than TO and more management than VN.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The early versions of the game were a pretty obvious knock-off, but it's since sprouted wildly in all sorts of different directions, not all of them really explored very thoroughly. The game has changed directions a few times, from the early serum-dosing frolics, to introducing a strategic layer and then more or less leaving it on the shelf, to go-here-to-trigger-the-next-event style VN in sandbox clothing.

I don't think I've played it in about a year though, so no idea where the gameplay is at these days.
There certainly was a certain element of VN, I would even argue KN in places, with the only interaction you having to click "start next scene" by going to a specific place without the ability to go different paths or prioritize thing A over thing B, I will agree on that.

xeph555

May 23, 2017
Yeah I’m stuck on that as well
I'll try to investigate with the console and variables if I can try to find something :/

UPDATE #1
So far here's what I found, for this text to appear you have to get these variables to
  • _folk_corr == 27 and TQ_2 >= 2 and TQ_2 < 5
  • _folk_corr == 27 and TQ_2 >= 5 and TQ_2a < 6
  • _folk_corr == 27 and TQ_2 >= 5 and TQ_2 < 17
At _folk_corr = 28 you seem to get to the next part of the main quest.
On my playthrough I'm at
  • _folk_corr = 27
  • TQ_2 = 12
  • TQ_2a = 6
I'm still trying to figure out what is this TQ_2 variable

UPDATE #2
Seems to lead with activism and Katy, maybe it's missing a button or something?

Using this in the console resolves the problem
Code:
jump activism_katy_selector
I'll try to correct the file

UPDATE #3
Found the fix. It goes in game\script\locations\university and replace university.rpy

Code:
if TQ_2 < 11 or TQ_2a < 6:
to
Code:
if TQ_2 < 11 or TQ_2a <= 6:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jstain and M!

M!

Jan 5, 2018
I'll try to investigate with the console and variables if I can try to find something :/

UPDATE #1
So far here's what I found, for this text to appear you have to get these variables to

UPDATE #2
Seems to lead with activism and Katy, maybe it's missing a button or something?

UPDATE #3
Found the fix. It goes in game\script\locations\university and replace university.rpy
Great work! Quest advances now when going to university.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Take Over 0.63 with Incest mod by Elbrasch and a little cheat mod I've put in too
Access cheat toggle from preferences during game - Warning! this may break the story if used inappropriately.
Variable viewer and console to change. Same warning as above.
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Scrollable choices too, text will resize with dialogue
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Mega
Updated my Android port to 0.63

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
I remember playing this and having a female cop(?) turning the tables on you and drugging you with the serum. Am I correct with that memory, is it unavoidable, and if it is what how that gets solved later on?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I remember playing this and having a female cop(?) turning the tables on you and drugging you with the serum. Am I correct with that memory, is it unavoidable, and if it is what how that gets solved later on?
If I myself remember correctly, then you remember correctly, it is unavoidable as part of the main story, and you will be able to turn the tables later.

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes