ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
@MaraTDuoDev Supply system still seems to be broken. Luka gets his $10 to buy them but they don't show up and I am constantly having to buy them each day from the black market. I have it set up so that I use 10 supply and Luka should buy 20 supplies giving a net gain of 10 supplies. I set my max supply store at 200. I am getting the research and money each day but I will eventually run out of money and supplies unless I stop certain tasks such as research until I build up a lot of money first. So I will probably take Dimitria off research for a little while.

Edit: Correction. Luka is buying supplies but not the amount assigned to buy. Instead of buying the 20 I assigned he is only buying 10 so changed it to 30 and he buys 20 which makes it off by 10. In summary its working but is off by 10 supplies.

Edit 2: This is what I figured out. If I have Luka buy 20 supplies it deducts 10 from stored. If I assign him 30 the stored stays the same. When I sign him 40 the stored increases by 10. Everything else is working fine as far as I can tell. So have set it up so I can do research, buy supplies, gain some income and store supplies each day. Luka is the only thing not working right. I think I should just fire Luka and bring in someone more efficient but as they say "You get what you pay for" and all he cost was a few serums. lol

vultron

May 19, 2018
This game is really good not just the sexual part but all the stuff about taking over seems really well done and it's only 0.6

There are bugs obviously but nothing that can't be fixed so long as they don't do anything incredibly stupid this game is gonna be pretty good when it's farther along

I don't know if it's part of the plan but I think getting some or all of these girls pregnant would be a decent idea I mean a lot of them already yell about getting pregnant during sex anyway so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to do except the difficult and expensive of making a bunch of pregnancy art for each girl.

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
I got no answer to my question about changelog....so I found my answer on dev patreon's page. Here it is:

"
The changelog is short (I mean, I could make it longer if I was specific with each girl), but remember that this isn’t all the content that you will see this month, just part of it:

• Fixed few bugs with the journal. As far as I know it should be working now, I have an old save that I use for testing, but there may still people finding troubles, please make sure to send the report!
  • Sex content for Dimitria, Mirjana, Celia, Katy. This amounts to 20 new scenes with a total of 7k words and around 200 renders!
TL;DR ahead!

With that said, what’s next for this month? And after that? Well, first of all I need to set up the code for everything to come; to handle the random events, new locations, etc. For the most part the new journal is working very well, or at least the reports were few and already fixed, this means I could expand that piece very easy, plus I already did most of the assets for it.

TRAINING & TRANSFORMATION

Well first of all I need to finish the last training scene for the current characters, before working on the next. I want to add certain special dates or actions, which should change depending on the triggers. These training should also open new, fun events.

Transformations are also an important thing, of course the problem here it means that each new one adds a lot of extra work, so it’s very likely that I will add these changes little by little each month, let’s say I add the strong body transformation only for Celia this month. I probably will do a poll to see what you guys want first, and which character.

LOCATIONS & EVENTS

What I want is to characters to be able to move a lil bit around the city, or at least to make it so you can visit them at their current workplace (and by that I mean to the place you assign them to go with tasks). Because of that I will have to redo the code for the house, laboratory, workshop and every location. I am hopeful that this won’t take much time, but it could.

There should be new locations to visit in the city, like the restaurant, mall, gym, and others that have already been mentioned or visited during different dates and hangouts. You’ll be able to see events that should change depending on how much you corrupt the city and its political institutions, with the idea in mind that the less control the government have, the more wild the citizens will become (imagine being socially suppressed for over a decade? People is pent up!)

I don't promise deep relationship with these citizens, but I can promise sexy action!

It should be said I am still thinking about having or not facilities, which would be related to the tasks of course. We’ll see!

TASKS

All the tasks for the game are for the most part already planned, implementing them could be super easy of course, but just looking at numbers change every day ain’t that funny, so I will take it slow so you get detailed (and graphic) reports of what you girls do instead of just “It was a very harsh day at the office”.

These events will change depending on their training (they all need to go through CREED to be assigned to a task), so this also means there will be a lot of fun action.

Future tasks, and what they mainly produce: Raids (money), sabotage (freedom), dancer (money), prostitute (+money), trafficking (money), intelligence (intelligence...), misdirection (reduces heat)

They have pros and cons, and of course many of those are just sexy so, it’s a good redundancy IMO.

And for now this covers everything, this month I’ll start working on these things, if you guys have feedback, ideas, or else please let me know, either in the comments or in discord!
"

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
@MaraTDuoDev I would be careful if I were you. From the looks of things there may be some out there who want to "Take Over" this game so don't drink the water but keep up the great work. lol

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Got yhis after choosing HJ for Mirjana when MC asked if she remembers the last time she gave an HJ.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chose ignore then got this. I think it's looking for same .png file.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looks like an endless loop so had to quit game.

Getting same endless loop with Mirjana BJ.

Haven't checked other characters.

Edit: Works with all other characters. May not be endless loop but due to the animation so it could be a loop that ends when the animation is supposed to end. Only with Mirjana but the other 3 actions with her work fine.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
great game...! The sex scenes could use a few more renders or animations, but the textual description are great. No glaring engrish problems. This feels like Corruption with a bit less depravity(at least for now), but much more interesting setting/plot.

I got a question though, what would be the best way to train the girls? I know for now there is only voyeur but I kind of dont want all of them to have the same kind of trait. Can they get multiple traits? How would that affect their personality? I guess at this point we should just train all the girls with voyeur to see all the scenes, but maybe later on you could give an option to untrain them with CREED or something. That way you can tailor each girl's trait to what you want.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
great game...! The sex scenes could use a few more renders or animations, but the textual description are great. No glaring engrish problems. This feels like Corruption with a bit less depravity(at least for now), but much more interesting setting/plot.

I got a question though, what would be the best way to train the girls? I know for now there is only voyeur but I kind of dont want all of them to have the same kind of trait. Can they get multiple traits? How would that affect their personality? I guess at this point we should just train all the girls with voyeur to see all the scenes, but maybe later on you could give an option to untrain them with CREED or something. That way you can tailor each girl's trait to what you want.
Having watched this thread and played for some time dev has already said additional traits, training and map locations are coming in future updates. Not sure about being able to undo any of those though, although that would be interesting. That would add another layer to the game, being able to create a traitor or two.

Edit: Also there are a total of five gene therapy traits when transformation is done for future updates.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Seems like game needs an urgent bug fix patch from posts in this thread. I will wait for that...

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Nah, it's just one girl that's missing some images (Mirjana), the ones that work with her are for "normal" sex option.
Yes, it's just the animation for Mirjana. All the others work soit's just the images to make the animation that are missing. All in all there are few problems with this update.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I just noticed that i am having other problem too. The equipments i have upgraded like generator etc is not saving i.e. when i restart the game all upgrades just gone what to do??
Well, that is very weird, Ren'py saves all the variables on its own as far as im concerned so, if I dont really thinker with the saves in any way shape or form. The thing I can assume is maybe the game updates and resets these variables but AFAIK it would do that only like once, so im not certain of why thats happening.

Tho maybe what happens is that you still have the upgrade and the button isnt updating appropiately so you can keep purchasing the update, I would have to look at that.

Hmmm is Dick from Acting lessons the MC? i really hate dick but at least his name was perfect.
I wish i understood this reference, so its very unlikely :p

NOOOOOOO not combat in my VN. P.S.: LOVE THE GAME
no there wont be "combat" as in RPGs or anything like that, its just a task you can assign like produce serums, do research, etc. it will yield resources but you wont have to do anything beyond assign people to work on it.

how do you progress further in reports book its saying that that's all for 0.5 mentioning i did the load in house save/load and sleep and it said it updated to 0.6 i cant do nothing else or progress with vera plz tell me what's the trigger
Should I mention im going to add a walkthrough this week to answer this, but in the meantime get Vera trust to 100 after doing everything else (aka dating emma) and you have the choice to either corrupt vera talking with Emma or just side with her by visiting her in the coffee shop on a friday

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Overall this is a small and short update, with some content that is sex related with the four main characters. I would expect more bugs in the next couple of updates since the plan of the dev is to focus more on mechanics and moving the story forward. I also suspect that old saves won't work on them considering some of those mechanics changes may mean changing variables.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
After the takeover I have this message every time I go to sleep.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 15, in script
    if supplies < _ins_log_supp_max:
  File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 15, in <module>
NameError: name '_ins_log_supp_max' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 15, in script
  File "E:\Helicon\Telechargement\XXX Games\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\Helicon\Telechargement\XXX Games\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Helicon\Telechargement\XXX Games\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 15, in <module>
NameError: name '_ins_log_supp_max' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.6a
And I stopped every tasks but I still lose 10 supplies every day. I think a tool to manage the tasks and supplies would be good. I feel it's impossible to earn enough supplies to be able to function at full speed every day.

Edit: And for Mirjana after the gene therapy when I ask handjob or blowjob, there are no pictures just errors after errors until the scene is finished.
thanks for the report, i'll check it

the 10 supplies every day is because Vera is auto assigned to work on reducing your daily suspicion and cant be moved, so that's a base cost, you can assign how many supplies they buy a day and IIRC you can easily buy over 100 a day without big troubles, just assign Luka to it in the logistic tab in insurgency

Overall this is a small and short update, with some content that is sex related with the four main characters. I would expect more bugs in the next couple of updates since the plan of the dev is to focus more on mechanics and moving the story forward. I also suspect that old saves won't work on them considering some of those mechanics changes may mean changing variables.
That's the alpha, actually for the final release 06 I have some extra 150 images on top of these so, its been a "good" month imo

Also saves should keep being compatible, the "save updates" usually add or create new variables (hence the bug here and there at times) so this shouldnt be a problem nor now nor in the future as far as I am concered :D tho if you guys have troubles updating please report, I have old saves that I use for test and give me no trouble tho

Reactions: setter6

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
No animations and I hope they don't. Not only do they take a lot longer and slow development down they look terrible unless that person is an animator which most devs here aren't.
pretty much this :p
Yes I dont have the experience, the equipment, the money nor the time to actually do this, so its unlikely it will ever happen unless there is a miracle (like earning a good amount of money to outsource)

@MaraTDuoDev Supply system still seems to be broken. Luka gets his $10 to buy them but they don't show up and I am constantly having to buy them each day from the black market. I have it set up so that I use 10 supply and Luka should buy 20 supplies giving a net gain of 10 supplies. I set my max supply store at 200. I am getting the research and money each day but I will eventually run out of money and supplies unless I stop certain tasks such as research until I build up a lot of money first. So I will probably take Dimitria off research for a little while.

Edit: Correction. Luka is buying supplies but not the amount assigned to buy. Instead of buying the 20 I assigned he is only buying 10 so changed it to 30 and he buys 20 which makes it off by 10. In summary its working but is off by 10 supplies.

Edit 2: This is what I figured out. If I have Luka buy 20 supplies it deducts 10 from stored. If I assign him 30 the stored stays the same. When I sign him 40 the stored increases by 10. Everything else is working fine as far as I can tell. So have set it up so I can do research, buy supplies, gain some income and store supplies each day. Luka is the only thing not working right. I think I should just fire Luka and bring in someone more efficient but as they say "You get what you pay for" and all he cost was a few serums. lol
There is a base cost of 10 supplies because vera is automatically assigned to intelligence, so its probably because of that
I will still look it up and see if it is an actual bug or this "black box" kinda of error where the player doesnt know whats going on lol

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016

I do as much as I can hahaha specially now that im adding transformations, so i have to do the same pose 2-3 times, but thats what happens when you add transformations to a graphic game :p

Glad you are liking it and that my editor is doing a good job fixing my poor english haha and damn, to be honest I am to be at least as depraved as corruption but, to a slower and more uh controlled pace, since I feel like in corruption people just turns into sluts too easy and quick

Yes they can have multiple/all the traits at the same time (maybe except for triggers in the future) but resource wise (if you are not cheating) its best to specialize them. Also certain gene therapies have advantages for certain tasks, i.e. for raiding and sabotage the "strong" gene therapy will be more useful than the BBW, for obvious reason

Still having a trait will at times trigger an event, and having multiple ones may even trigger events inside events (i.e. with voyeur they find a sneaky couple, and with public use she joins them) so imo i think this helps so you can train everything and not miss anything without punishing the player

Reactions: desmosome

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
There is a base cost of 10 supplies because vera is automatically assigned to intelligence, so its probably because of that
I will still look it up and see if it is an actual bug or this "black box" kinda of error where the player doesnt know whats going on lol
I am allowing for the 10 supplies that Vera uses each day and is the only task I know of that uses them with the way I have assigned them. I will look to see if anything else is using supplies.

Edit: Found it. I have Dimitri doing research which uses 20 supplies so everything so far is working fine. Need to start doing upgrades.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
In one sentence, what are the main consequences of Vera corrupt vs ally decision? It looks to me to be by far the most important decision in the game so far, is that incorrect?

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
In one sentence, what are the main consequences of Vera corrupt vs ally decision? It looks to me to be by far the most important decision in the game so far, is that incorrect?
you are correct that this is an important decision.

The big difference will be how the story advances: in one you have allies and is more of a romantic/co-conspirators story while the other goes towards the typical "corrupt them all" ending. Different endings, but NOT "game over you took the wrong choice!" kinda of ending

Reactions: trdx
3.70 star(s) 81 Votes