BicBuddha

Jul 30, 2017
I installed everything how it was described by the new java file Installation guide but i still get the message that i didn't install it right..

Lebrix

Jul 7, 2019
I installed everything how it was described by the new java file Installation guide but i still get the message that i didn't install it right..
Allow me to send you here:

Here are the Install notes from Majalis. I changed a bit to fit it for F95Zone. And added the notes with the *.

X FULL INSTALL X
------------------------------------------------------
DESKTOP:
1. Download the appropriate ZIP file from the First Page. Options are Windows 64-bit(Win64), Mac, and Linux.
2. Extract the ZIP file to your preferred target installation folder, either using a program like 7zip or WinRAR, or using the native Windows and Mac archive extraction.
You should now have a folder in your target installation folder with a name like "Tales of Androgyny Win64" - inside of that folder should be a several files (e.g. TalesOfAndrogyny.jar, TalesOfAndrogyny.json) and a jre folder.
The structure differs depening on the version, but every version has some kind of application file, config.json, TalesOfAndrogyny.jar and a jre folder somewhere inside of it.
3. Navigate to and run TalesOfAndrogyny.exe on Windows, Tales of Androgyny Mac.app on Mac, or TalesOfAndrogyny on Linux (note that on Mac and Linux you may need to run chmod -x Tales of Androgyny Mac.app/TalesOfAndrogyny respectively). The game should launch, and the installation is complete!

Note: saves are located in the following locations by platform:
Windows: %APPDATA%\TalesOfAndrogyny (Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\TalesOfAndrogyny)
MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/TalesOfAndrogyny
Linux: ~/.local/share/TalesOfAndrogyny

ANDROID:
1. Download the Tales-of-Androgyny.apk file from the First Page.
2. Using an app management app, sideload the apk file.
3. The game should now appear as an app - launch it, and installation is complete!

Note*: If the folder is not the same version number as the game, replaces the .jar inside the folder with the newest .jar from the Java download. (Please also read the importand note below)

X PARTIAL INSTALL/PATCH X
IF you already have a working full install, the only file that will typically differ between versions is TalesOfAndrogyny.jar. If you're experiencing crash errors with no error message, or error messages relating to ByteBuffers or Reflection, make sure that you do a full redownload.

TalesOfAndrogny.jar is located in the Game Downloads folder as a standalone. Simply download it and backup and overwrite your current install's TalesOfAndrogyny.jar, and the new version should be visible when you launch the game on the title screen.

IMPORTANT NOTE*: Make sure your .jar is named "TalesOfAndrogny.jar", if you download it from the First Page.

X TROUBLESHOOTING X
Ensure that all of the necessary files have been downloaded and extracted - the structure differs depening on the version, but every version has some kind of application file, config.json, TalesOfAndrogyny.jar and a jre folder somewhere inside of it.
The current version of the game supports Java 11, which it comes packaged with. If you attempt to run the .jar, you'll need to run it with a Java 11 install.
An OpenGL 2.0+ compatible graphics card is a requirement to run the game - make sure your video card drivers are up to date, but fair warning that some video cards (on-board graphics cards for netbooks, for instance) may not support it at all.

Reactions: Bob69

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
Thanks. I tried this and the ELF line was an 8. I changed it to 0. Saved and relaunched the game. She is still at the brothel. I'll just start a new game.
Huh, that's weird, this time i went to the brothel and got the questflag to "ELF": 8, just to be sure it works, when i made that guide i didn't visit the brothel so it's when that flag appears when you see Kylira there.

I did edit the "ELF": 8, into 0, saved the edit, launched the game, loaded the save and it worked, did you load the save and not just push continue, because continue just picks of where you left the game last time, it doesn't load the save file.

dichi-11

Aug 29, 2021
Is anyone having issues with memory after playing for a while? I constantly have to end and restart the game/

Vintrion

Dec 21, 2017
Rrrrrrr, does anybody know a guide or something like that on how to handle the stupid combat system of this game?
The only guide I have is outdated as fuck, but generally if you're having trouble with combat just play Warrior and have the perception to see their next attacks so you can spam tempo when it's safe then guard just before they go on an offense stance. Upgrading Advance is also fairly handy, such as safely deflecting the last offense hit to return to neutral stance. Or just mage, Oil+Inferno should still pop most things in your way. If you need more bonus points, just going for all the early achievements on iron-man mode will get you all your need for three stat points and three perk points. A handy tip is to have a minimum of 5 Perception, and then grabbing Smarter+Surveyor to get hunger charms and the bonus gold/food from chests. Being hurt; having a yellow/red health bar, will lower your perception though and deny you these. Haven't been playing this as much as I used to.

The real secret is just to play thief and steal all the best equipment in the game, and here's a short guide on how thieving works:

You can steal from both town shops except the Outpost. You are caught and raped on the last item you take, but you keep the item. Below is the agility you need and each amount you need to steal more items. Every extra two agility above the minimum adds one extra item you can take before beight caught. You won't be able to steal from that shop again after being caught.It feels like an oversight, but you can get caught stealing from the Merchant and Witch without penalties, the last stolen item will end the encounter however. This may be patched eventually, maybe. Cat Potions, Boots of Running,(Can be upgraded for +1 Agility more) and the Charm of Agility are items which can help stealing by increasing your agility. Potions do not restock in the world however. Two cat potions can be bought from the Travelling Merchant in Sandbox for only 15 gold. As long as you aren't caught stealing, you can return to stores later with upgraded agility and steal more items, but this still needs 2 more agility for every item you've stolen.

First town (Silajam): 6
Second town (Monster Town): 8
Travelling Merchant and Witch: 10

To Clarify; If you have 8 Agility, You can steal an item without being caught from Silajam, and get one more after that but end up caught. You can Steal an item from Monster Town but are caught, and you can't steal from the Merchant and Witch.

Mentioned guide itself: I keep meaning to go back to it and update it but I still haven't actually done a full-clear up to Demon King yet. Also everytime I play again I notice there's actually something I'm waiting for in the next update so I just wait for the update and forget about the game.
I feel as though you were the one to recommend that class before. I still find it weird how the requirements go up as opposed to a wait period after you have stolen.
Didn't seem worth ping as I've said this in nearly all my posts here, Personally I only play Enchanter with max charisma and never steal items for fun. I am also playing with bonuses too so it's not a purist stance, just helps keeps the flow of progression sensible. Otherwise if low on agi I'd just pop a cat potion with upgraded speed boots and take the shield from Monster Town to skip a lot of trouble.

If it were a wait period it'd be a lot easier to steal things, not even needing excessive agility and you could just return later for any particular pieces of gear, put all your gold into Inn and though the day counter would be a bit fucky no longer have to worry about any particular resource.

Last edited:

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
The only guide I have is outdated as fuck, but generally if you're having trouble with combat just play Warrior and have the perception to see their next attacks so you can spam tempo when it's safe then guard just before they go on an offense stance. Upgrading Advance is also fairly handy, such as safely deflecting the last offense hit to return to neutral stance. Or just mage, Oil+Inferno should still pop most things in your way. If you need more bonus points, just going for all the early achievements on iron-man mode will get you all your need for three stat points and three perk points. A handy tip is to have a minimum of 5 Perception, and then grabbing Smarter+Surveyor to get hunger charms and the bonus gold/food from chests. Being hurt; having a yellow/red health bar, will lower your perception though and deny you these. Haven't been playing this as much as I used to.

The real secret is just to play thief and steal all the best equipment in the game, and here's a short guide on how thieving works:

You can steal from both town shops except the Outpost. You are caught and raped on the last item you take, but you keep the item. Below is the agility you need and each amount you need to steal more items. Every extra two agility above the minimum adds one extra item you can take before beight caught. You won't be able to steal from that shop again after being caught.It feels like an oversight, but you can get caught stealing from the Merchant and Witch without penalties, the last stolen item will end the encounter however. This may be patched eventually, maybe. Cat Potions, Boots of Running,(Can be upgraded for +1 Agility more) and the Charm of Agility are items which can help stealing by increasing your agility. Potions do not restock in the world however. Two cat potions can be bought from the Travelling Merchant in Sandbox for only 15 gold. As long as you aren't caught stealing, you can return to stores later with upgraded agility and steal more items, but this still needs 2 more agility for every item you've stolen.

First town (Silajam): 6
Second town (Monster Town): 8
Travelling Merchant and Witch: 10

To Clarify; If you have 8 Agility, You can steal an item without being caught from Silajam, and get one more after that but end up caught. You can Steal an item from Monster Town but are caught, and you can't steal from the Merchant and Witch.

Mentioned guide itself: I keep meaning to go back to it and update it but I still haven't actually done a full-clear up to Demon King yet. Also everytime I play again I notice there's actually something I'm waiting for in the next update so I just wait for the update and forget about the game.
I feel as though you were the one to recommend that class before. I still find it weird how the requirements go up as opposed to a wait period after you have stolen.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
Rrrrrrr, does anybody know a guide or something like that on how to handle the stupid combat system of this game? It doesn't matter how detailedly I tried to follow each step I take on every fight, things always seem so damn random and unpredictable that makes the entire set of stats and stuff basically useless.
Honestly, the combat isn't that hard, just level up your character with the easier enemies before taking on the bigger ones.

#15,453 Here's a small guide i made about the combat system, it's not that extensive but it's pretty self explanatory, since the only way you can lose with it is that you just do not pay attention, your level is too low or you have not upgraded your gear.

There's really nothing that random with the combat system, you just have to keep eye on the stamina, stability and what the enemy is doing, then again if you just have the gear and stats you do not even need to worry about that and just steamroll through them.

Reactions: Twiton and Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
This will be unpopular but hold on to yer hats: I think the game needs an easy mode for those that just want to enjoy the content. Combat as it is now is not something I have been able to learn, thus I cheat :WeSmart:
Combat isn't something I learned too, but I have easy mode it is called as much strength as possible :ROFLMAO: , then in fight at the start I use 2 times "Armor breaker" and then just use "Spring Atk -> Assault -> Assault - Assault and so on", when you loose your stance go "Block -> Second Wind". EZ fight for everything except some of the bosses.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
This will be unpopular but hold on to yer hats: I think the game needs an easy mode for those that just want to enjoy the content. Combat as it is now is not something I have been able to learn, thus I cheat :WeSmart:
Isn't cheating the easy mode you're looking for?

But honestly, it is not that hard, just be mindful of your stamina, stability and stance, upgrade your gear, skills and magics and you should have no problem.

Best stuff to upgrade first IMO are the weapons, just get the Masterwork Gladius from the spider encounter so you do not have to waste 10 soul crystals for damage upgrades, then either get The Indestructible (shield that you get from the town of monster for 1k or spending a night in the stocks if you decide to take it with five finger discount) or dagger, Full plate and the gloves, hat and boots from the town of monsters too (you can also get the gloves free from valley of the goddess + 100g), be sure to also grab the stamina and footing charm, i've never had any problems with grip so i do not even know if it's a factor in the combat, i honestly do not even know what it's supposed to do.

Then just keep leveling up, try to look out for golem encounters for those sweet sweet magic points / soul crystals so you can upgrade your gear.

Reactions: Lebrix

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Cheat Mode is just that, it disables game-overs so you can level-up and gain gear without worrying about food either. It also lets you farm specific encounters like Mating Naga, Thief Brigand, Sleeping Ettin and so on to get food, gold and EXP

Lebrix

Jul 7, 2019
Cheat Mode is just that, it disables game-overs so you can level-up and gain gear without worrying about food either. It also lets you farm specific encounters like Mating Naga, Thief Brigand, Sleeping Ettin and so on to get food, gold and EXP
Even then I still die to everything ;)

Exactly! And that's something it would be tremendously welcomed.

Look I don't mind the combat being complex, or needing to take special attention at a bunch of stats, but sometimes you just wanna have fun and even the cheat mode doesnt feel cheaty. You still need to grind a hard ass character before being able to go through the story without having to be a fucktoy to be raped. Cause most of the scenarios that does topping or scapes being raped requires winning on combat. Or maybe having a specific set of high stats on everything that just cant be achieved until quite late. And that's cause I keep special attention to the stamina, stability, the enemy's next stance, their armor, your armor, etc and yet there are still fights that I keep losing and only after trying for the 20th time the same fight I manage to pull a random win, and about half of them is because at some point the enemy assfucked Trudy. The poor, he must dispise me at this point lmao

You can work around to get a more neutral/topping scenarios, or in other words, not those outcomes where you're raped silly. But many of them are trigered by very misleading ways. Like the Fire Elemental one. How can I know that I can top her if the first interaction to do so would suggest that Im willingly offering myself to be assfucked? Cause everytime I see that "Slut" requirement, always lead to you being assfucked, more or less willingly. And not just topping but simply scenarios in which you avoid a sexual encounter.

There are many situations like those and while not having to deal with hunger and being able to triger any random encounter you want on the cheat mode. It still feels like it does pretty much nothing that truly feels cheaty. You still have to grind a lot and sometimes I really wish I could explore some of the interactions you can do with the characters without having to deal with all that. Cause for example, a lot of the characters sexual interactions dont have a set of pictures so you wouldnt ever know that you could do that with that character. At least that way you get to be able to experience parts of the game that in normal gameplays you would simply be unable to reach at all.
Yup. I play with modded saves so its not a problem but reaching endgame without them would be extremely hard.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Am I the only one who read their tutorial page for everything and learned the combat the old way of trial and error? I still need to learn ranged better, but mage was pathetically easy and warrior wasn't far behind. As was said before, just learn how to block and let the enemy tire themselves out, or lose their balance and knock them down. The only thing that was a bit confusing was the sex as it is completely backwards in that you try to cum a lot to win when it should be tiring the enemy out through them getting off. Other than that it is an easy system.
How do you got them? There are certain characters like the motherfucking Dark Knight that are simply annoying me enough to consider permauninstall the game on how it feels simply impossible to defeat them.
She is just poorly designed from what I remember. Up your gear and stats and prey for the best. I don't recall if you can disarm her or counter her, so perhaps oil and fire spam with regular healing if needed would work for you.

Lebrix

Jul 7, 2019
How do you got them? There are certain characters like the motherfucking Dark Knight that are simply annoying me enough to consider permauninstall the game on how it feels simply impossible to defeat them.

My shitty cheater guide:
This is correct. Sorry if my post was unclear. Just make the character you want to edit, open the save game directory from the game with the ingame button in the menu and edit it in the notepad. Take a backup of the file if it does not work the first time.

Step by step:

Create character and save. Enchanter is the class used here, other classes may have some values missing.

Open save file location from within the game with the new savegame button in the save folder. Backup the file in case it does not work the first time.

Open the .json file in notepad. Verify its the correct file by your characters name.

Then edit the stats, just scroll until you find them, note that these are already edited numbers:

View attachment 1534149

Then alter skill, magic, perk points and money:

View attachment 1534151

Save the changes, close the file and load the save, check to see if stats and points are as you added them in. If it didn't work just make a new char, try again and you will figure it out! Oh, and keep cheat mode on in the options menu so you dont have to worry about food.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
You're complaining about the wrong thing.
The problem is that combat is neither linear nor logarithmic, but instead, it's too easy or too hard.
Many moves are just there to waste time and get you hit. Like what's the point of "Ashi"? Get a small boost for 1 turn then lose half your health trying to get back on the defence?
And the bow/ultimate magic is über useless. Takes too many moves to use and too costly.

99% of the time spamming a certain combination just guarantees the win with no-to-low health lost

2 2
While I agree some stuff isn't very useful when compared to others, mainly the deadly tempo-spam, you can easily use those by being patient and waiting until they are winded or on the ground. It's better not to of course, but you won't lose half your health if you use some strategy.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
That's what I'm saying. What's the point of going through an elaborate 20 stance strategy when spamming a combo does an even better job?
I am not debating you on this as I agree that most of it is just for flair. The battle sex sure is as I have only managed to get a few moves to actually work (different variations of blowjob don't count for the most part). I am just saying that you can manage to use them without getting obliterated. Even more so against predictable enemies like the Ogre or the Harpy. I am happy of all of the lewds, but I think there is enough to have me content while the battle system is improved. At the very least I am still waiting for a viable hand-to-hand build so I can finish the girls off with a Sexality.
1642988053025.png

• Haha
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
Here's an overpowered clean slate savefile made by editing certain values for people that want that, extract it to [username]/appdata/roaming/TalesOfAndrogyny (you can access appdata folder by pushing windows button + r, it opens up a run prompt and type %appdata% and click OK, dunno about other platforms, i'm a windows user), it's the quicksave.json so you have to load the quicksave once you start the game in order to play it, i made it so it already has the best gear (i didn't go to get chastity, but there's enough soul crystals / magic points if you want to ugrade it or get some spellls).

If you want to edit the character name, just open the file in any text editor and ctrl+f "name": "Hiro", and replace that Hiro with whatever you like but a word of warning before you do any edits, always make a back up of the save files you are about to edit, because if you goof something up, the savefile will corrupt and you will receive a heart attack when you load that save (just kidding, it just opens up with the TROJA encounter and your save will be broken after that).

Want to have a different class? Just ctrl+f "jobClass": "THIEF", and edit that thief either into WARRIOR, PALADIN, THIEF (dunno why you would edit it into that since it's already it but whatever), RANGER, MAGE, ENCHANTRESS, BITCH, MARE, BUNNY, QUEEN, PROSTITUTE, SCHOOLGIRL or LEWD_SCHOOLGIRL, you have to use ALL CAPS because it's case sensitive.

Want to change race? Ctrl+f "race": "Elfblood", and change that into "Lowlander", (default race), "Highlander", "Mountainman", or "Orcblood", Case sensitive, first letter must be capitalized.

Want to change hair color? Easiest way to do this is to go to the salon in the town of monsters, editing the save file is way more work and if you do not know what you're doing, you can corrupt your save file.

Want to change eye color? Ctrl+f "eyeColor": "Golden", and change that golden into "Blue", "Pink" or remove the line completely for teal (default color), case sensitive, first letter must be capitalized

Want to change breast size? Ctrl+f "breast": "LITTLE", and completely remove that line to make it flat (default size) or change the "LITTLE" into "HANDFUL" or "FUN", has to be all caps, it's case sensitive.

Want to change the size of your butt? Ctrl+f "bootyliciousness": "Fat", and change that "Fat" into "Round" or remove the line completely for it to be a Bubble (default size), first letter must be capitalized

Want to change penis size? Ctrl+f "phallus": "AVERAGE", and change that average into "TINY", "SMALL" or remove the line completely for cute (default size), all caps once more and you know the drill by now.

Want to change feminity?" ctrl+f "feminity": "EFFEMINATE", and change that effeminate into "MASCULINE", "UNMASCULINE", "GIRLY", "FEMININE" or completely remove that line for it to be androgynous (default "femininity").

There's also up to date 100% profile for 0.3.16.4 version if you want to use it, full gallery, all outfits unlocked and maximum bonus points for new character creation.

Oh man, i spent way too much time making this guide, there also might be typos or some information might be incorrect, i tried to test them at the same time i was making the guide so it "should" work, a good time for me to remind to always back up your files before you do edits, huh?

Last edited:

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
Like what's the point of "Ashi"? Get a small boost for 1 turn then lose half your health trying to get back on the defence?
Center recovers both stamina and stability while parrying and the follow up Ashi deals damage, puts you in offensive stance, and gives you advantage without a resource cost. Center is essentially a better version of Second Wind, and Ashi is a more offensive but forced and resource efficient version of a careful attack. Naturally, you can get fucked if you use it at a bad moment where you can't parry or will eat a big hit during the Ashi phase, but nothing else can recover as much resources and get an attack out with the same efficiency or speed as far as I know.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes