Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Does anyone know how to transfer saves from previous version to latest version? I have a .toa-data folder with all my saves but moving it into default folder of current game version does nothing
Try asking here, it's your best bet

Reactions: wizard_of_oz

wizard_of_oz

Sep 29, 2020
So after playing around in the game a bit, making a new profile and save, I noticed that the file for the new profile shows up in a new folder called "jfr" (Tales of Androgyny Win64/jre/lib/jfr/profile.jfc) which is created after a profile is made. Comparing to my save files and profile file in .toa-data, they are of the JSON Source File type, while the profile in 0.3.14.0 is now of JFC file type.

So my conclusion is that, at least for the Win64 version, it does not seem like previous saves can be carried over for now (still have not brought this up in the Known Issues thread, so it might actually be possible. Someone else did and has not gotten a response so far). Oh well, time to restart with Ranger class, I guess.

Also, if there is anyone that knows anything about file structure and whatnot, please let me know if I am talking out of my ass here. Just really want to migrate my saves over

• Sad
Reactions: Twiton

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Does anyone know how to transfer saves from previous version to latest version? I have a .toa-data folder with all my saves but moving it into default folder of current game version does nothing
Recently I found that the game has either started (Or perhaps it was doing it all along and I failed to notice) to do like Ren'py and Unity games filling your C drive up with game saves in the hidden place that many users don't even know is there "AppData" as it is default hidden from the user in most cases.

The games saves will be found at "C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\TalesOfAndrogyny" Most saved games are small, but over time with a lot of saves, and if you have a smaller SSD drive for your C: drive or master OS drive. You may find your master drive running out of space.

Might be a good Idea to keep and Eye on it.

Anyway the game should see those saved games by default no matter where you install it.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Is there any type of masculine content? Like hiro getting it from masculine/manly characters or is it all futas we can fuck? I'd love hiro to be railed by manly characters tbh
There is a setting in Options that can make some difference.

Some of the date or job options in the Brothel have very masculine text of characters in there scenarios, also the possesion scene from the ghost lady has some.

There may be others as well

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
So after playing around in the game a bit, making a new profile and save, I noticed that the file for the new profile shows up in a new folder called "jfr" (Tales of Androgyny Win64/jre/lib/jfr/profile.jfc) which is created after a profile is made. Comparing to my save files and profile file in .toa-data, they are of the JSON Source File type, while the profile in 0.3.14.0 is now of JFC file type.

So my conclusion is that, at least for the Win64 version, it does not seem like previous saves can be carried over for now (still have not brought this up in the Known Issues thread, so it might actually be possible. Someone else did and has not gotten a response so far). Oh well, time to restart with Ranger class, I guess.

Also, if there is anyone that knows anything about file structure and whatnot, please let me know if I am talking out of my ass here. Just really want to migrate my saves over
The save files were moved - on Win64, go to %APPDATA% (type that into the start menu) and they'll be in a folder called TalesOfAndrogyny.

Is there any type of masculine content? Like hiro getting it from masculine/manly characters or is it all futas we can fuck? I'd love hiro to be railed by manly characters tbh
There's some art, and a lot of text, but we're working on it. Been threading the needle because people are sensitive about it. Originally the glory hole was supposed to be a full mix, but at the last minute I split it.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Recently I found that the game has either started (Or perhaps it was doing it all along and I failed to notice) to do like Ren'py and Unity games filling your C drive up with game saves in the hidden place that many users don't even know is there "AppData" as it is default hidden from the user in most cases.

The games saves will be found at "C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\TalesOfAndrogyny" Most saved games are small, but over time with a lot of saves, and if you have a smaller SSD drive for your C: drive or master OS drive. You may find your master drive running out of space.

Might be a good Idea to keep and Eye on it.

Anyway the game should see those saved games by default no matter where you install it.
Ren'py and Unity always saving the game in AppData some can do both IIRC.
For ToA it changed mid October, because of the problems with save crashes. The new Save folder was announced multiple times in game update posts. So it should be known or you can find it in this thread if you're looking for them.

Reactions: Twiton and broly965

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Ren'py and Unity always saving the game in AppData some can do both IIRC.
For ToA it changed mid October, because of the problems with save crashes. The new Save folder was announced multiple times in game update posts. So it should be known or you can find it in this thread if you're looking for them.
The save crashes were (and are) caused by us changing the Java runtime we're using, meaning the game needs to be run with Java 11 now and no longer works with 8. We moved the save files to a user directory because that's best practice and it means that people no longer need to worry about their save files when they delete or download a new copy of the game, and it guarantees that the game can write their save files (whereas before, if someone put the game in a read only directory, like Program Files, you'd need to run the game in Admin mode for it to be able to save).

The timing being around the same time is just a coincidence.

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
It's not a question of 'if'
It's a question of 'when' we're getting the scene where Hiro is shrunk and put in a mason jar owned by one of the futas

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
It's not a question of 'if'
It's a question of 'when' we're getting the scene where Hiro is shrunk and put in a mason jar owned by one of the futas
mason jar >> I see a country person maybe, I was raised on a farm, we canned most of our vegetables, use to love the soup we canned at the end of summer when garden was winding down.

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
Got to the part where I am fighting the demon lords minons, past the border then got the freem armor thing. Didnt fully read everything and now it acts like I have a cage on, even though I technically dont since it doesnt show in the payers bar during battles, nor do I have a cage on in my inventory. Not sure what happened, also is there a way to get rid of this "cage"?

• Hey there

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Got to the part where I am fighting the demon lords minons, past the border then got the freem armor thing. Didnt fully read everything and now it acts like I have a cage on, even though I technically dont since it doesnt show in the payers bar during battles, nor do I have a cage on in my inventory. Not sure what happened, also is there a way to get rid of this "cage"?
I think the Witch Cottage or Town of Monsters shop has a scroll that can remove the cursed armour, if not you can complete Kylira's quest to get the ability to do so.

Reactions: jbomb

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
does the "Extras - Extra" files work for the newest update? Also the "pictures" File that is attatched to Nopy (which is currently down) is that a folder with the in game pictures? or more art to add to the game?

• Thinking Face
4.50 star(s) 145 Votes