Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Game crashes instantly when trying to open the save menu in game.
Question about this problem were asked multiple times. Download the newest version of the full game (win64, linux, mac) from here or the 1st post, switch out the .jar file with the newest one form my post 3 post up and start with the .exe.

Wow, this is probably least interesting update in a long time.
If you're not satisfied with the content in the weekly, just wait for the monthly.

Reactions: Twiton

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
Question about this problem were asked multiple times. Download the newest version of the full game (win64, linux, mac) from here or the 1st post, switch out the .jar file with the newest one form my post 3 post up and start with the .exe.

If you're not satisfied with the content in the weekly, just wait for the monthly.
Thanks my man

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
The Redhead+MOD has been updated to 3.13.4. Thanks, Bøb69 for the latest version!

I was able to fix a few more animations this past week and work slowly progress in getting the mod back to 100%.

Screenshot (43).png Screenshot (45).png Screenshot (46).png
I really like this new hairstyle.

As always follow the link in my sig to go to the mod's page where you can download it if you care to. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Quick question. I got the new build when i downloaded 3.13.3. Can i just grab the new jar from now on?
Yeah should be good now.
I was planning to only update the win64, mac and linux version in the monthly release, but with to much problems the last weeks I decided to upload them more frequently. Now I go back to my old plan.

Last edited:

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
Is it just me, or have the 2 latest patches caused some major performance issues with the game?

I mean it shouldn't be my hardware, because i can run most of the new games at 4k +60fps on high or ultra settings, but running 0.3.13.4 and 0.3.13.3 causes some major hiccups, it takes a second or two to load every new block of text and moving around the map is also "laggy".

0.3.13.2 works without a problem and i have the newest .exe version for the windows.

:EDIT: I also tried something drastic, i deleted every file associated with ToA, even the ones in appdata/roaming, it didn't fix the issue, also rolled back between versions as a text, 0.3.13.4 and 0.3.13.3 definitely cause problems, but going back to 0.3.13.2 works just fine.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Is it just me, or have the 2 latest patches caused some major performance issues with the game?

I mean it shouldn't be my hardware, because i can run most of the new games at 4k +60fps on high or ultra settings, but running 0.3.13.4 and 0.3.13.3 causes some major hiccups, it takes a second or two to load every new block of text and moving around the map is also "laggy".

0.3.13.2 works without a problem and i have the newest .exe version for the windows.

:EDIT: I also tried something drastic, i deleted every file associated with ToA, even the ones in appdata/roaming, it didn't fix the issue, also rolled back between versions as a text, 0.3.13.4 and 0.3.13.3 definitely cause problems, but going back to 0.3.13.2 works just fine.
I didn't played much with 0.3.13.4 but it seemed fine for me so far.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019

You're having some kind of disk issue with the new save file location. Do you have space on the drive that appdata is located on? Is it an SSD? Does it have normal save times in general?

arucard34

Jun 8, 2020

maybe its the new implementations and we need to wait for fixes, i just wanted to check updates but i download only the one montly

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
You're having some kind of disk issue with the new save file location. Do you have space on the drive that appdata is located on? Is it an SSD? Does it have normal save times in general?
SSD (Model WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-1T00-1014), 389 gigs of open space (it's partitioned into 2, C and D), normal saving works but i noticed that when i'm in the map screen and i open up the save menu, it hiccups for a while before opening it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: wahnsinn and Twiton

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
SSD (Model WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-1T00-1014), 389 gigs of open space (it's partitioned into 2, C and D), normal saving works but i noticed that when i'm in the map screen and i open up the save menu, it hiccups for a while before opening it.
The partition with your user has 389 gigs, I assume? When you open the save menu, it's opening up the save files and screenshots, which means that read and write from/to disk is taking a much longer time than I would expect with those specs. You could try to save something large (large image file, for instance) in that directory to see if it's causing issues in general.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
The partition with your user has 389 gigs, I assume? When you open the save menu, it's opening up the save files and screenshots, which means that read and write from/to disk is taking a much longer time than I would expect with those specs. You could try to save something large (large image file, for instance) in that directory to see if it's causing issues in general.
Okay, i plopped down the biggest picture i could find with some fast google-fu (54mb), named it complete gibberish (jfr9tvv.jpg) and reasons that elude me when i started to test the game again, it works fine now, no sluggishness during text, even when fast forwarding with control, map works without it getting stuck when arriving to a tile and the load times are good again.

I double checked just to make sure that i was running the latest version at it works smooth as butter.

And i did drop it into the folder in appdata.

:EDIT: Just to sate my curiosity, i also took the picture out and it still works, i honestly do not know how that fixed it, but i'm grateful nonetheless :D

• Angry

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Okay, i plopped down the biggest picture i could find with some fast google-fu (54mb), named it complete gibberish (jfr9tvv.jpg) and reasons that elude me when i started to test the game again, it works fine now, no sluggishness during text, even when fast forwarding with control, map works without it getting stuck when arriving to a tile and the load times are good again.

I double checked just to make sure that i was running the latest version at it works smooth as butter.

And i did drop it into the folder in appdata.

:EDIT: Just to sate my curiosity, i also took the picture out and it still works, i honestly do not know how that fixed it, but i'm grateful nonetheless :D
jfr9tvv.jpg is actually the Windows filesystem reserved keyword for automated cache repair, so that makes sense.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
jfr9tvv.jpg is actually the Windows filesystem reserved keyword for automated cache repair, so that makes sense.
I know you're joking, but i get it, my potato tier understanding of computer stuff is pretty limited, i would say that it's not even layman tier stuff, but you provided me something that seemed to be pretty outside of the box (atleast for me) and it worked, i am honestly thankful.

• Angry
4.50 star(s) 145 Votes