Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
What he probably meant is you don‘t have to have Java installed anymore.
just download the folder from the 1st page and start with the exe.

Reactions: Lebrix and Twiton

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Wait you can class change for the Demon King? How exactly, I've gotten the team balance ach but still enchanter.

Also, phew bugs man. The .exe won't launch now.

Edit: gotta remove the number in the jar file name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twiton

commcrunch

Mar 15, 2020
What he probably meant is you don‘t have to have Java installed anymore.
just download the folder from the 1st page and start with the exe.
Alright, that makes sense, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you what you mean by "folder from the 1st page".

• Thinking Face

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Alright, that makes sense, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you what you mean by "folder from the 1st page".
Win x64, Win x32(Not recommended because not updated), Linux, Mac.
Those from the 1st page are the full folder with the .jar and the Java standalone. After you got one of those for your system you only have to switch out the .jar.

Reactions: Lebrix and Twiton

wizard_of_oz

Sep 29, 2020
Has anyone figured out how to get the Win64 version to read the saves? The previous saves are in the %appdata% folder as Majalis has said, but the game isn't reading them for some reason

• Thinking Face

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Trudy: Encounter the first variant of the Dark Knight, have Trudy in your party and high enough Purity/Dignity to pass the Knight's domination power. Then, after the encounter, talk to Trudy at camp (You'll need to 'Train' with him beforehand)
Is the first encounter in the town of monsters bar or near the fort in the mossy expanse?

• Hey there

commcrunch

Mar 15, 2020
Win x64, Win x32(Not recommended because not updated), Linux, Mac.
Those from the 1st page are the full folder with the .jar and the Java standalone. After you got one of those for your system you only have to switch out the .jar.
That's unfortunate, because the mac download is always one or two updates behind the others. That's the reason I always went the the Java download.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
That's unfortunate, because the mac download is always one or two updates behind the others. That's the reason I always went the the Java download.
Nahn I think you miss understood me. You only need the most up to date build from the OP, it doesnt matter if it is 2 versions behind, and then switch out the "Java" aka the .jar.
The .jar (Java) is the full game, the folder is only the standalone Java build.

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
By the way Twiton how do you manage to get the characters into Mudae? Are you in touch with the developers or something?
Mudae is a community run bot, but the process for submitting characters is bi-tri monthly submit periods (2 submission per user). I ask around and get people to help submit characters on my behalf, this period I was able to get 21 in (including Merrybelle under the series Pearl, her debut work of fiction)
I am friends with the person that does handle the submissions though, but that's just a nifty fact, it doesn't give me preference or anything :p

If you want to submit characters on Mudae, for the next suggest period in a few months, you can join their and look in their #roles channel.

For those interested, here's all the characters I submitted this time:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also add aliases for the characters, names they're called and unique insults.​

Reactions: hdgamer

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Is the first encounter in the town of monsters bar or near the fort in the mossy expanse?
The first encounter would indeed be near the Town of Monsters, I think the encounters moved at some point in newer seeds though. (It'd be the encounter without the stealth check. That's the second one, that's also a step in the accepted quest after you start it.)

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Mudae is a community run bot, but the process for submitting characters is bi-tri monthly submit periods (2 submission per user). I ask around and get people to help submit characters on my behalf, this period I was able to get 21 in (including Merrybelle under the series Pearl, her debut work of fiction)
I am friends with the person that does handle the submissions though, but that's just a nifty fact, it doesn't give me preference or anything :p

If you want to submit characters on Mudae, for the next suggest period in a few months, you can join their and look in their #roles channel.

For those interested, here's all the characters I submitted this time:

I also add aliases for the characters, names they're called and unique insults.​
Although you're missing the best girl, I am amused that you got both the male and female shopkeeper.

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Although you're missing the best girl, I am amused that you got both the male and female shopkeeper.
Yeah, I spoke with the peeps on Mudae and they said characters like that can share the same character slot.

Which is the best girl? They might already be in the bot:

commcrunch

Mar 15, 2020
Nahn I think you miss understood me. You only need the most up to date build from the OP, it doesnt matter if it is 2 versions behind, and then switch out the "Java" aka the .jar.
Ah I understand. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Twiton and Bob69

commcrunch

Mar 15, 2020
I just got around to trying this, and it didn't work unfortunately. I downloaded the mac version and switched the the TalesOfAndrogyny.jar file that it had (found in the resources folder) with the TalesOfAndrogyny-v0.3.14.1 file (the java version download), but it just shuts down immediately when I try to start the game.

• Thinking Face

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I just got around to trying this, and it didn't work unfortunately. I downloaded the mac version and switched the the TalesOfAndrogyny.jar file that it had (found in the resources folder) with the TalesOfAndrogyny-v0.3.14.1 file (the java version download), but it just shuts down immediately when I try to start the game.
You're using the the exe right?
And try and delete the "-v0.3.14.1" from the jar name. The version number is added by the uploader so they can keep track, but I think I saw in this thread that it fucks with the standalone Java build.

Last edited:

commcrunch

Mar 15, 2020
You're using the the exe right?
And try and delete the "-v0.3.14.1" from the jar name. The version number is added by the uploader so they can keep track, but I think I saw in this thread that it fucks with the standalone Java build.
Ah, yeah, that was the problem. I actually knew to do that, but the computer changed the name back because TalesOfAndrogyny.jar was already in use. I must have missed the pop up warning me of that. I moved the original .jar file into the trash and changed the name for real this time, and it works now. Thanks for all the help!

• Red Heart

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Ah, yeah, that was the problem. I actually knew to do that, but the computer changed the name back because TalesOfAndrogyny.jar was already in use. I must have missed the pop up warning me of that. I moved the original .jar file into the trash and changed the name for real this time, and it works now. Thanks for all the help!
No problem glad it worked! Hope the Mac and Linux versions work now, pretty hard to help if you don't have such a system yourself.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes