spblu

Aug 28, 2017
Dude you got my point completely 180degrees backwards. Read what i wrote completely...
I said these animations are just -character fidgeting one inch left or right-
So its NOT actually animating things, and its NOT content. Maj needs the prioritize on contents like fucking animations like brigand full nelson.
Don't worry, I'm tracking what you're saying and agree 100%. The brigand full nelson is pretty awesome and was put in the game all the way back in February 2017 if I remember right. Really, they could've just used those assets and did some small adjustments for bird/centaur/wolf dongs, then copy/pasted that for every encounter to add tons of content. That's where I figured they were going with it initially.

Guys, if you're still not following he's talking about the brigand doggy animation you can X-ray and only shows up in the encounter(don't know why it's not programmed on the pervert screen). I'm not familiar with the programming behind it, but it looks like it's about manipulating static images as opposed to drawing 20 different full color polished frames like you guys described. Nobody's expecting high quality studio grade animation here. I'm pretty sure the orc pronebone does the same thing in utilizing just one base drawing to create an animation.

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
Don't worry, I'm tracking what you're saying and agree 100%. The brigand full nelson is pretty awesome and was put in the game all the way back in February 2017 if I remember right. Really, they could've just used those assets and did some small adjustments for bird/centaur/wolf dongs, then copy/pasted that for every encounter to add tons of content. That's where I figured they were going with it initially.

Guys, if you're still not following he's talking about the brigand doggy animation you can X-ray and only shows up in the encounter(don't know why it's not programmed on the pervert screen). I'm not familiar with the programming behind it, but it looks like it's about manipulating static images as opposed to drawing 20 different full color polished frames like you guys described. Nobody's expecting high quality studio grade animation here. I'm pretty sure the orc pronebone does the same thing in utilizing just one base drawing to create an animation.
I know what he is talking about, but even the brigand animation is very simplistic and the orc pronebone as well. Also these animations have been around for awhile now. Judging from the patreon the general direction appears to be pushing more content/options for direction in the game and matching art with that. The last few updates have just now added very subtle "animation" polish to the game that while I understand isn't the animation people want prioritized I think outside of things very simplistic like that there is very little more they can add for more in-depth sex animations to the game itself (even ones as simple as brigand/orc).

That is why I'm saying if that is what is the ask then you probably aren't going to find it here (at least not till very later life cycles of the game). It definitely hasn't been their priority in any weekly I've seen so I don't know why it would be a set expectation at this point.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
I think we all get that ;)

Yes, all "animations" are just static pics, animated by pieces.
The Brigand X-ray (and similarly the newer horse stuffing) might be considered "animation" yeah (and not only I agree it should be on pervert screen, but also could be used for other encounters/events, since it's pretty generic), but they're still made the same way than everything else. It's just cropping pieces/moving around.
The idle animations (the one for characters) are -somewhat- made different I think, but it's basically the same concept.

Again, requesting full animations it's one thing (doing the frame-by-frame work). Doing the ones we see in the game (whatever they're called) it's another. In both cases require Alis to add a f***ton of work. Have in mind that animating also requires a bit of coding.

Fore xample, the simple animation of the Harpy dive-bombing takes 3 full body pics of her, plus coding for the framing, timing, and coding to add the blur effect. And in-game, it's barely noticeable, merely just a second.
The Brigand boning has like 4-5 parts for each (both giving and taking), PLUS the x-ray parts, PLUS coding.
Remember the old little penis icon? Well, the new ones have several types, and each needs a lot of coding (to make them stretch and move around).

So, adding a new pic of a dick entering a butt, is not really "new content" and might not be a priority as adding a new creature/encounter with dialog branch and plot. *shrug*

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
Precisely!
What Alis is doing, is to cut the static pics into bits, and move them around.
Much like any Flash animation works, but this is a different system (maybe Spine?).

A full animation means doing 10 pics for 2 seconds of moving.
It's a tedious work, that is usually done by several people, as it takes a massive amount of work! (usually having someone doing the sketches, another doing pencils, other does the lines and general polishing, and another paints).
Now, Alis it's trying to keep up with weekly artwork (have in mind they also provide extra graphical assets for Patreons) and working at several different things in game (to the point they publicly asked for hired artists. I was tempted to offer myself, but weekly schedules are killer, and usually not worth the pay for the stress).
On top of that... she's not good at anathomy (*bracing myself for fan's rage*).
Really. It's flashy, cute, hot and effective, but she struggles (doing her best effort, must say) with body structure and perspective.

I don't see why it's "a priority" to have her over-work on something she will have serious troubles doing (and has zero chances of achieving) just because you think it's a priority. Evidently, for Majalis is not ;)
Let them do the work we all love and like!
I know what you're saying. but even animating characters takes work. And I know it's tedious. What I had in mind was that instead of making 4-5 characters move left or right, make one animated sex scene. that's ought to balance the work hour trade or even takes less time than animating 5 characters. And not only from my opinion, but also from what I've read so far in the forums, it's more preferable content.
Although I guess my expectations went way too high after playing 5th stage of Project X. It's all moving. Though they update the game way too slow like every 6 months or more even. We're talking about monthly releases here.

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
I think fuzzy understands your point as mentioned above, but if sex animations are high on your priority list for this game I can tell you that you won't get much of those particular animations in this game.

Majalis and crew haven't ever done animation before up until this game in the later life cycles. The fact that there are idle animations at all is surprising and pure QoL for the game itself to give it a glossier finish.

You should expect mostly just artwork for the sex portion of it unless somehow they can get an animator that can work hand-in-hand with the art talent really churning out the work. Judging on currently weeklies so far and there only being a few new images per week I can say that is highly unlikely.
I'll be honest with you the thing that gets me going in this game is the text not the art. It's surprisingly well written. What i was saying was :why make time for animating several idle characters when you can spend this time on ONE or even maybe two fuck animations which from what I've seen so far the users dig more. Enjoying the content more, brings more patrons which in turn more money accelerates the game's progress rate.
I still remember well how forums and twitter exploded after brigand sex animation.

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
I know what you're saying. but even animating characters takes work. And I know it's tedious. What I had in mind was that instead of making 4-5 characters move left or right, make one animated sex scene. that's ought to balance the work hour trade or even takes less time than animating 5 characters. And not only from my opinion, but also from what i've red so far in the forums, it's more preferable content.
Although i guess my expectations went way too high after playing 5th stage of Project X. It's all moving. Though they update the game way too slow like every 6 months or more even.
Hate to inform you, but Project X is on a long hiatus last I read their forums and have yet to return that I'm aware (has been for some time). Their community got a bit out of control towards the end and adding with their poor management of it I believe is what led them to taking extended time away.

Also they (Majalis and crew) aren't doing 4-5 animated characters a weekly. They have updated maybe 1 character with polished animation every 1-2 weeks. The churn out of that stuff has been at a very slow pace. I think wanting the kind of animations you are wanting is a reasonable ask at later stages of this game where they are getting closer to a more finalized version, but right now I don't see them doing that primarily because their focus is on the direction of the game itself.

Stuff like Project X of the past or even games like Milfy City, The Twist, Summertime Saga, etc... of today give us very high expectations of what we feel a game dev or art group should be generating for content. The reality of it though is some of that type of content may not be in their wheelhouse (ability to produce) or what they are wanting to focus on especially on a game that isn't all the way fleshed out the way they would like it. At that point you kind of just have to temper your expectations some and maybe suggest to them on their Patreon of things you'd like to see change if you really support the project.

I think this game is pretty awesome for keeping up with a weekly update theme even if it is the odd few art images added in a week. They have also made the game in a manner that even with small weekly content updates it is re-playable enough to keep you interested when new things come each week. At the end of the day it is a weekly update though so my expectations are no where in the avenue of I want to see a bunch of animations/renders produced.

Some food for thought. :FeelsGoodMan:

EDIT: Also I'm not going to lie I was pretty hype about the most recent Fashion Business update and my expectations were pretty high for it, but I was fairly disappointed with that update. I'm not upset over it and that just gives me hope more comes out of episode 2, but sometimes what we expect even in my case maybe isn't reasonable. Others seem pretty happy about the update for that game even though I'm not.

Reactions: Proto Persona

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
I'll be honest with you the thing that gets me going in this game is the text not the art. It's surprisingly well written. What i was saying was :why make time for animating several idle characters when you can spend this time on ONE or even maybe two fuck animations which from what I've seen so far the users dig more. Enjoying the content more, brings more patrons which in turn more money accelerates the game's progress rate.
I still remember well how forums and twitter exploded after brigand sex animation.
Not to be mean or anything but, why do you want so badly some animation if you don't like the art ?
Just curious.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
I know what you're saying. but even animating characters takes work. And I know it's tedious. What I had in mind was that instead of making 4-5 characters move left or right, make one animated sex scene. that's ought to balance the work hour trade or even takes less time than animating 5 characters. And not only from my opinion, but also from what I've read so far in the forums, it's more preferable content.
Although I guess my expectations went way too high after playing 5th stage of Project X. It's all moving. Though they update the game way too slow like every 6 months or more even. We're talking about monthly releases here.
I dunno, man.
Not sure how much work animating an idle standing character takes.
They way they're made, it looks like it's the "interior" moving inside the exterior, which gives that feeling of 3D and rotation (think on asmiley icon. Now imagine the mouth and eyes move up and down a bit. It gives the impression of being a sphere noding. That's how I think they're made).

I've seen it used on lots of things (like meme gifs, other games, site banners, etc). Just speculating here, but maybe it's a sort of "auto" option of X program, something like a pre-programmed option, like Photoshop and Mangastudio have.

The brigand animation it's awesome. But it takes a different type of work. Most likely coding too.
Not sure what program they're using, definitely not Flash animation (duh) so maybe it's Spine (the one that Switch uses for Venture seas).

Now, personally?
Yeah, I like the brigand animation (because it also has the option of normal or x-ray). And yeah, I would like generic animations like that, and just static full pictures, which have text to complete.

But who knows?
Maybe Alis worked for a very long time on that animation. If tomorrow something gets released, it doesn't means she made today, might had take weeks (just look at their twitter, and see how old are some pictures).
Or even it is not a ToA animation. Note there's no clothes at all, so that could simply be an x animation she did for testing some time ago (the file itself doesn't has the wood background neither).

Some time ago, I suggested them to re-use more old artwork, like the Ogre bad end (the original it's a different "girl", Alis retouched it to make it look like Hiro). This would fill more blank screens, and she could do easier reworking old work than doing new. (they added the game-over Inn marriage pic, and the devil-girl Merrybelle too, both old pics).

Seriously, animation it's really tedious, it's why most games use flash or spine, because they let you do fast animations, but it still takes a lot of time and work (see how little Venture Seas got after all this time)

Reactions: Jaybig

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
I dunno, man.
Not sure how much work animating an idle standing character takes.
They way they're made, it looks like it's the "interior" moving inside the exterior, which gives that feeling of 3D and rotation (think on asmiley icon. Now imagine the mouth and eyes move up and down a bit. It gives the impression of being a sphere noding. That's how I think they're made).

I've seen it used on lots of things (like meme gifs, other games, site banners, etc). Just speculating here, but maybe it's a sort of "auto" option of X program, something like a pre-programmed option, like Photoshop and Mangastudio have.

The brigand animation it's awesome. But it takes a different type of work. Most likely coding too.
Not sure what program they're using, definitely not Flash animation (duh) so maybe it's Spine (the one that Switch uses for Venture seas).

Now, personally?
Yeah, I like the brigand animation (because it also has the option of normal or x-ray). And yeah, I would like generic animations like that, and just static full pictures, which have text to complete.

But who knows?
Maybe Alis worked for a very long time on that animation. If tomorrow something gets released, it doesn't means she made today, might had take weeks (just look at their twitter, and see how old are some pictures).
Or even it is not a ToA animation. Note there's no clothes at all, so that could simply be an x animation she did for testing some time ago (the file itself doesn't has the wood background neither).

Some time ago, I suggested them to re-use more old artwork, like the Ogre bad end (the original it's a different "girl", Alis retouched it to make it look like Hiro). This would fill more blank screens, and she could do easier reworking old work than doing new. (they added the game-over Inn marriage pic, and the devil-girl Merrybelle too, both old pics).

Seriously, animation it's really tedious, it's why most games use flash or spine, because they let you do fast animations, but it still takes a lot of time and work (see how little Venture Seas got after all this time)
Hmmm. To lighten the work maybe they can do comic like. Like what they did with harpy oral. 4 pics. Worth a full animatuon. And when the game is finalized and story line is finished (that is gonna take way too long because the area past the minotaur is supposed to be a new map full of scary new demon-like characters) they can replace the pics with animation or just add it to the draft.

I don't really know shit about animating. So when you say it like that and animating idle character takes different (and much easier) kind of work than a full sex scene... then that makes sence why they are doing it.

And this just popped in my mind. But maybe by doing this they are showing that they are making foundations for a big game. You know, making the orc move before make her thrust and bulging the poor hiro.

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
Not to be mean or anything but, why do you want so badly some animation if you don't like the art ?
Just curious.
Nah this goes way back. It's not about the art or content which is very unique and much more intresting. And majalis are the only ones working on this theme seriously (one of my top priority fetishes at least when it's comes to fantasy. I myself will never go for recieving end of sex let alone getting fucked by shemales) so i'm following this game with much much interest.

The animation process was the point of argue. Alis started animating idle characters. Like elf boy or ghost or dullahan, etc...

The argument was about whether it's worth spending time making several idle characters move (more like fidgeting) left or right, or to combine that time and effort in one sex animation. Your'e animating shit? Good job but why not make more popular content of it as much seen and asked in several communities formed.

The text and pic are amazing and very satisfying don't get me wrong. And if majalis want to redirect the time spent on making animations to more characters and stories (like the new minotaur) I'm all up for it.

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
If you think this is the best game, you probably like it even more than me. I'd like to hear your recommendation for the 2nd best game on the site.
Thats easy it's Good Girl Gone Bad. Really great story and while it's not really a game so much as a novel I do like the whole good/slut point system to it. I would also recommend Chloe 18 even with all it's jank. Give me a game where I can make the main character be a total slut and I'm good to go. :heartcoveredeyes:

Always looking for something fun to mess around with. Got any suggestions?

Orthenos

Aug 1, 2017
Thats easy it's Good Girl Gone Bad. Really great story and while it's not really a game so much as a novel I do like the whole good/slut point system to it. I would also recommend Chloe 18 even with all it's jank. Give me a game where I can make the main character be a total slut and I'm good to go. :heartcoveredeyes:

Always looking for something fun to mess around with. Got any suggestions?
If you don't mind RPGM and doing some work before you jerk you might enjoy . Plenty of sluttiness to be found there and the scenes have a lot of variety. You might need a walkthrough to get all the scenes though.
If you like the actual game parts of ToA (map exploration, combat) and are ok with interactive text-only scenes you might like . It also prominently features demons and furries but you can control how much of that you encounter.

I'd also suggest keeping an eye on and . SoC has good scenes and the story seems like it could be pretty good but I think the gameplay needs a lot of work. KoD is from the same people who made Noxian Nights so I think it'll be good but it's currently nowhere near complete. Might wanna hold off until there's more scenes.

Orthenos

Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitly check them out. :)

Edit - I have heard of Lillith's Throne. Been meaning to check that one out. I really liked the art work in Seeds of Chaos and it looks worth checking out. I also downloaded the other two and I have no issues with RPGM games. Not sure why they get so much hate when done right. They remind me of the good old SNES days but with porn. ;)
I forgot to mention what is easily my favorite adult RPGM game,
It's made by the writer for Hreinn games, and it's very story heavy. If you find yourself wanting an adult game that's more of a proper game then I can't recommend TLS enough. I've put around 60 hours into it and it's not even completed yet.

And I guess I should probably say something about ToA, lest we be going too off-topic. I'd really like having a brothel at the monster town. Nothing wrong with being payed for getting railed by monster cock, right? :p

Reactions: Dingo139 and Jorja
4.50 star(s) 145 Votes