balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I don't get it either. I never had any issues learning or understanding the game. I suppose I just learned how to fully read character info, skill info, go through tutorials, etc. from when games used to have far more only within the manuals.
To be fair, many of us have been playing the game for years and learned the battle system back when it was far less robust. A new player looking at the staggering number of choices can easily be overwhelmed. It could definitely be tweaked to encourage the player to spend their points on a few useful base skills and then branch out into the others. The giant list is not the best presentation.

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
The evoker looks like Hiro had a kid with one of the demon bosses, maybe a bad end unlock.
Supposedly that's what the Evoker is meant to portray – an example of what could happen to Hiro if he completely succumbs to the realm's demons and goes full bimbo. Also if memory serves me right Majalis mentioned that the Evoker was one of their earliest concepts for Hiro before settling with the spunky lad we all know and love, hence their lookalike appearances.

Evoker Generic Anal 3.png

nothwood

Feb 20, 2020
Or you could just remove things that 99% of people don't use because in current meta they're not working, abd this meta is there for years. Just a random suggestion.

As for tutorial, it's all fine as I see it. The tutorial isn't bad, it's the amount of things you learn to never use that stuns.

BUT: there are things you didn't inculde in tutorial. It's scouting mechanic, it's achievements (bonus points), it's buying food in inns. Those things are fundamental, people often ask questions revolving around those things, and there are nothing on them in tutorial.
i cant't find the game launcher inside?? where is it

Budouka

Aug 15, 2022
Supposedly that's what the Evoker is meant to portray – an example of what could happen to Hiro if he completely succumbs to the realm's demons and goes full bimbo. Also if memory serves me right Majalis mentioned that the Evoker was one of their earliest concepts for Hiro before settling with the spunky lad we all know and love, hence their lookalike appearances.

View attachment 3900843
There were around five arts with Evoker outside of game. Not bad ones.

And a novel with him being fucked by demons exists, but unfortunately I couldn't find it to read anywhere.

voram20

Jan 2, 2021
Hey. I'm not sure if anyone here will know, but I figured I'd shoot my shot anyway.
I'm running the linux version, and it keeps crashing during battles unless I run the program as root/use sudo. I don't want to do this because not only is it kinda insecure, it also means I can't use my audio software while playing the game.
The terminal doesn't even say why it crashes, it just says "Async task [Battle AI calculation] in ForkJoinPool a bunch of times, then after those it just says "killed". I can't really think of a reason why this would be the case.
If anyone knows, i'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Flugelbozz

Nov 12, 2018
Hey. I'm not sure if anyone here will know, but I figured I'd shoot my shot anyway.
I'm running the linux version, and it keeps crashing during battles unless I run the program as root/use sudo. I don't want to do this because not only is it kinda insecure, it also means I can't use my audio software while playing the game.
The terminal doesn't even say why it crashes, it just says "Async task [Battle AI calculation] in ForkJoinPool a bunch of times, then after those it just says "killed". I can't really think of a reason why this would be the case.
I remember i fhad to chmod +x the thing the .sh script links to since for whatever reason it wasn't made an executable. So check and see the .sh script. But I haven't used the Linux build in awhile now since I use the .jar directly

femboyfucktoy

May 27, 2022
Linux user here, Manjaro, never encountered any issues myself running TOA by just double clicking the executable as a non-root user and not running it through the terminal. Possible that you have something else using Java that's causing a conflict, or from the sounds of the error message it might be a bug if you are using the Smart AI option in TOA settings.
Best bet for advice would be to let Majalis know on their discord, they or someone else on there can probably help you out.

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
There were around five arts with Evoker outside of game. Not bad ones.

And a novel with him being fucked by demons exists, but unfortunately I couldn't find it to read anywhere.
I think I recall what you're referring to, like art that spans from all the way back to 2011. I sometimes forget just how long the Majalis duo have been around.

I think the original inspiration of Hiro was a redhead character who eventually became brunette; had the same iconic pigtails and high cut blouse. There's an art similar to the ogre anal animation from years back featuring this "proto-Hiro".

4.50 star(s) 147 Votes