Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
If the game is nice, replaying with a different RP personality can be a lot of fun. (Doing that right now in Pathfinder: WotR)
Pretty much this, yes. ToLLA is modeled after oldschool RPGs like and , the role-playing aspect is very important and it's given a lot of emphasis during dialogues. Some of those choices lead into branching paths, but others are there just for flavor to let you flesh out your character (basically the whole purpose behind Captain Hale's archetypes). All of us on the team are D&D nerds, so that played a huge influence in how we structured the game and its content. This is an old clip from a while back, but it proves the point:

Last edited:

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Can you tell us when the beta will be available on itch.io? thanks.
Hopefully by the end of this weekend. We can't upload to Itch until they grant us more space for hosting on the game's download page. Currently we're limited to 1GB (which is the default), but the art archive has grown from ~730MB to 1.44GB, so we're still waiting on them to answer our e-mail and give us more hosting space (it's standard procedure, tho I've been told it sometimes takes up to 1 week until they respond, depending on how busy their customer support is).

Reactions: cazzone

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
how to get rid of the white screen ?
You're probably trying to play the older version (Build#1) from the original post here, I think it had some problems running due to the folder name and file path(s)... I'll clean and update the links once our newest build goes public.

Gimme a sec, I'll upload the latest version of Build#1 for you...

EDIT:
Here, try this:

Extract it to your desktop, and run it from there. Don't rename the folder!

Last edited:
Reactions: notarobot145

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
cazzone
It's up! We're still waiting to get the extra space for the art pack, but the game itself has been uploaded.

You should be able to download it for free if you've bought it previously:

Reactions: cazzone

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
I was trying the game and it crashed at the riddle guy :( also i don't know how to save.
You can't save in the current version, the inventory is sealed (it says so in the intro). We'll add an auto-save system with the next quick-fix/update, our scripter is still busy parsing through the bug reports.

Can you post the screenshot of the crash? It would help us a lot! Try restarting the game (you can skip through Meredith's intro talk), and talk to the Riddlemaster again to see if it crashes in the same place. We went through the whole map and had no problem clearing it... I'm not saying there's no bugs that we could've missed, but we need a screenshot.

You can also try leaving the Riddlemaster for later, and doing the other content. If the game doesn't crash then it means only his scripting has a problem. It's hard to pinpoint things like this without more information.

EDIT/P.S.
I gotta go now, we have a team meeting in ~30min... I'll tell our scripter to look at the Riddlemaster's code. Try and post a screenshot if you can!

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
ToLLA_MainSplash_Build2.png

Hey folks, I've just come back from our weekly team meetup...

It's been little over a week since the Build#2 Beta version came out for our patrons... Usually we'd do about 2 weeks of exclusivity before going public, but after discussing it we decided to cut that down to 1 week just for this release... mainly because our supporters have already played it, but also to make up for how long it's taken us to get the content finished (so we decided to bump up the public release). We also need more eyes on the test-build! It's impossible for our patrons to test everything simply due to how many outcomes there are in the game's events, so I'm hoping all of you will play it and give us your feedback!

I've updated the original post with the new build and info/screenshots; you can go ahead and grab the game now! If you find any bugs, glitches, crashes, or spot typos/inconsistencies within the text itself, please attach a screenshot so we can pinpoint the problem. The game has so many branching paths and general systems running concurrently that it's impossible to narrow down a problem unless we get detailed information where and when it happened.

Apart from that, have fun with Build#2 and let us know what you think! :cool:

~ Frenzin, Crimson Delight Games

P.S.
Consider leaving a review here on F95 if you enjoyed the game, it helps us a lot!

P.P.S. And don't forget to climb the western watchtower for an unexpected surprise! ;)

Last edited:

cazzone

May 18, 2017
You can't save in the current version, the inventory is sealed (it says so in the intro). We'll add an auto-save system with the next quick-fix/update, our scripter is still busy parsing through the bug reports.

Can you post the screenshot of the crash? It would help us a lot! Try restarting the game (you can skip through Meredith's intro talk), and talk to the Riddlemaster again to see if it crashes in the same place. We went through the whole map and had no problem clearing it... I'm not saying there's no bugs that we could've missed, but we need a screenshot.

You can also try leaving the Riddlemaster for later, and doing the other content. If the game doesn't crash then it means only his scripting has a problem. It's hard to pinpoint things like this without more information.

EDIT/P.S.
I gotta go now, we have a team meeting in ~30min... I'll tell our scripter to look at the Riddlemaster's code. Try and post a screenshot if you can!
Ok i replayed the riddle guy quest and had no problem also i couldn't screenshot it because the game just closed.

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Hi! Tried the new build. Really interesting stuff. Will look forward to more from you guys. Meanwhile, I got a couple of crashes. Attaching screenshots below
Tales of Legendary Lust_ Aphrodisia 8_7_2022 1_46_03 PM.png
1. Got this crash midway through the conversation with the novelist.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 19.35.09.70.png
2. Got the second crash when clicking on the book icon above. Clicking on it kept giving books/manuscripts continuously, and then the game crashed to desktop.

Another suggestion would be to make the header tooltips clickable. Some of the longer ones stay too long, freezing the game. I get it might be for slow readers, but making them progress with clicking gives the control over to the player, and I can read them as fast or slow as I want.

Reactions: monk_56

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
1. Got this crash midway through the conversation with the novelist.
It seems that crash isn't tied to any particular part of the game, but an overall memory issue. What are your system specs? Do you have anything RAM-heavy running in the background? (anti-virus, internet browser, etc.). And how long were you playing for before you got the first crash?

2. Got the second crash when clicking on the book icon above. Clicking on it kept giving books/manuscripts continuously, and then the game crashed to desktop.
That bookshelf is actually working as intended - we left it in for players to laugh at some of crazy book titles (it's supposed to represent an entire library, as opposed to all the other ones which are just a single shelf). As for the crash, I must've clicked it like 50+ times during testing, and it never bugged once... is it possible you were playing for 2-3 hours prior to getting the crash there?

Another suggestion would be to make the header tooltips clickable. Some of the longer ones stay too long, freezing the game.
What exactly do you mean by 'header tooltips'? The loot popups, or something else?

And hey, thanks for taking the time to file the bug report! I'll pass it on to our scripter. (y)

Ok i replayed the riddle guy quest and had no problem
That's great to hear! ;)

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
It seems that crash isn't tied to any particular part of the game, but an overall memory issue. What are your system specs? Do you have anything RAM-heavy running in the background? (anti-virus, internet browser, etc.). And how long were you playing for before you got the first crash?
My system's decent enough. i7, 3060 Ti, and 16GB of RAM. And yes, Chrome was running in the background. But I run AAA titles with Chrome on, and they run fine. I had the game running for 3 hours, give or take. I wasn't playing the whole time, but I didn't close it since there's no save system yet.

That bookshelf is actually working as intended - we left it in for players to laugh at some of crazy book titles (it's supposed to represent an entire library, as opposed to all the other ones, which are just a single shelf). As for the crash, I must've clicked it like 50+ times during testing, and it never bugged once... is it possible you were playing for 2-3 hours prior to getting the crash there?
That makes sense. It has a different icon, after all. This crash happened like 20-30 minutes into the session. I did relaunch the game immediately after it crashed the first time if that helps in any way.

What exactly do you mean by 'header tooltips'? The loot popups, or something else?
By header tooltips, I meant these things
Desktop Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 21.49.36.00 (2).png
Some of them are quite long, and you must wait until the entirety is shown before you can move around. So making them interactive would be nice. Another thing I would like to mention is that so many interactive icons do clutter the absolutely gorgeous artwork. Perhaps because most of them have no use as of yet, and they make the map feel like a Ubisoft map in a way. But my opinion may change once they start being useful.

Does this build have lewd scenes? I stopped after the second crash since it didn't make much sense to restart again after the second crash, so I didn't see any except the intro one.

To end on a positive note, the Tim and Len encounter was hilarious. Hope they get their revenge against Rodd Howard and Bhelesta.

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
But I run AAA titles with Chrome on, and they run fine. I had the game running for 3 hours, give or take. I wasn't playing the whole time, but I didn't close it since there's no save system yet.
It shouldn't crash, then, your system is more than powerful enough. Could be a memory leak... I'll let our scripter handle it, I don't know much about tech above the rudimentary stuff. One thing, tho: the game absolutely hates alt-tabbing, so it's possible it crashed if you tabbed outside while it was still running.

This crash happened like 20-30 minutes into the session. I did relaunch the game immediately after it crashed the first time if that helps in any way.
Hmmm, that's weird... because if it was a memory leak, then you'd expect it to crash after an hour or two, not 20-30 min. Dunno what to think, honestly, we've cleared the entire map multiple times and left the game running upwards of 5 hours, and it never crashed once (except when alt-tabbing, it really hates that, lol). The team even did a 10-hour stress-test while I was away on my work trip.

Some of them are quite long, and you must wait until the entirety is shown before you can move around. So making them interactive would be nice.
Oh, those. They're the 'master tutorials' with crit info, that's why we pause your party while they're active. It was a conscious decision. You could actually roam around in a previous version, but we found that the friends we had over play-testing for us would just ignore the text, or read only parts of it... and then later ask us questions about the parts they'd missed. So we decided to just freeze the Player. But it's only 4 tutorials out of 27 - all the other ones let you roam around freely. Tho I agree it can be a bit annoying if you read super fast and want to be done with it ASAP.

Another thing I would like to mention is that so many interactive icons do clutter the absolutely gorgeous artwork. Perhaps because most of them have no use as of yet, and they make the map feel like a Ubisoft map in a way. But my opinion may change once they start being useful.
True, the map did end up a bit overcluttered. But that's only because we had to fit everything inside it. The art team is working on the next exterior area, so we'll migrate some of the nodes over to the new one once it's done. That should help reduce the visual noise by quite a bit.

Does this build have lewd scenes? I stopped after the second crash since it didn't make much sense to restart again after the second crash, so I didn't see any except the intro one.
They're not a part of this Beta; they'll be in the main release once we're done with bugtesting.
I put up a new post in our decisussion thread just a few minutes ago about it, with a screenshot.
You can for teasers from upcoming lewds (they're all mixed up in there).

To end on a positive note, the Tim and Len encounter was hilarious. Hope they get their revenge against Rodd Howard and Bhelesta.
They're trying, but they have their work cut out for them! Skyroom is about to get yet another re-re-re-release! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
It shouldn't crash, then, your system is more than powerful enough. Could be a memory leak... I'll let our scripter handle it, I don't know much about tech above the rudimentary stuff. One thing, tho: the game absolutely hates alt-tabbing, so it's possible it crashed if you tabbed outside while it was still running.
I didn't alt-tab out since the game was running in windowed mode in the first place. Maybe that could be an issue? But the second time, it was in full-screen. I haven't been able to replicate the second crash since that one time. And I have been clicking on the library for a whole minute. So it was probably something one-off.

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
So it was probably something one-off.
Who the hell knows, these things have a billion moving parts... from all the systems and scripting, to individual hardware and software that runs it... Hopefully more people will report any bugs they run into so we'll be able to pinpoint the problem in time.
I didn't alt-tab out since the game was running in windowed mode in the first place. Maybe that could be an issue?
Could be. But as you said, it crashed in full-screen the second time. Still, I wouldn't recommend either windowed mode or alt-tabbing - RPGMV is pretty fussy on its own, and we've modded it heavily so I'd say it's even less stable now! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kxca
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes