VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Tamas Awakening [v1.0b] [Whiteleaf Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

slormo

I must preface this by saying that this game is still in the early stages of development (0.04 at the time of writing), so a lot of changes could (and should) be made in the future change my opinion altogether.

I like the art style, but that’s about it.
    In order to get through the game, you just click through pages of uninteresting dialogue until you encounter a scene; no choices, no interesting pieces of dialogue, nothing! Hell, the characters don’t even move when talking to them, they just remain in an idle pose.

The story itself is okay, it’s nothing original and there’s no player choice whatsoever, but it gets the job done. That being said, the main character is kind of a boring jackass who has the ability to hypnotise all of these girls, yet refrains from doing so, probably to extend playtime. Additionally, the weird alien character is absolutely pointless, serving no relevance to the plot besides being kind of like a character talking you into doing the dirty scenes, but could easily not exist at all without any problems in the plot.

Overall, I think this game has got the potential to be better, (less sprawling dialogue and more player choice) but currently has little gameplay, bar a few scenes (none of which currently even go as far as penetration) that keeps the player interested.

Oh and also there aren’t any nude scenes with the girl (willow) on the far left. :(

5/10
  2. 2.00 star(s)

jeos1

I absolutely like the drawing style, it has a kind of uniqueness. I love the young protagonist, sporty body nice tan lines. After a short clicking through the pictures I downloaded the game just for deleting it about 10 minutes later.

The introduction was OK, no need to name everyone, the following gameplay was static and boring. nearly no changes in the pictures, even in front of different backgrounds the landlord and the roommate were represented by nearly only one picture. It seems that you need about fifty clicks before something in the picture changes. I read about eighty lines of text without any immersion or developing of the story. Your simply not getting into any of the characters.
    I guess this was the first game where I don´t even start to skip to see some of the scenes - it was simply too boring.
    Result: one of my quickest deletes ever.

Perhaps the author could rewrite the text, make it a bit faster and more believable and please let the girls move or change poses from time to time, make it look as if I´m not talking to a picture.

My two stars are only for the tama drawing.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

mazzaa

Early stages but great art and good dev engagement so far. First update has been slow but dev seems to be planning monthly updates. Promising early signs so far so this one has good potential.

+1 for tanline titties, not enough of them around!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

ElBandarra

The drawings are pretty good, but the story and writing are really pedestrian, I´m afraid. The story is too simple and absurd: a guy that for some reason has the "superpower" of hypnotizing his landlady/mother and roomate/sister, and make them undress and get horny about his humongous cock... How many games with a similar premise can be found in this forum? Maybe a thousand? Even more?

Sorry, but knowing how to draw and how to program Renpy doesn´t mean knowing how to make a game. It´s needed to know how to write a decent plot, characters, dialogues and erotic situations.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

DarkLoki

Not a bad start, writing is OK, few typos but easy to overlook. Really like the artwork, could see myself supporting this game if quality of writing improves and updates are consistant. Either way it's not too big or long at the moment so it wasnt a risk to try it.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 894997

Wow! That was really bad!
    No build up what so ever.
    Just: Let me hypnotize you for the lols *say 3 words* omg it works.
    5min of game time later "be my slut".
    There are no choices or anything either, its just a really badly written kinetic novel atm.
    Honestly the only good thing i can say about it was that it was short.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

guildos

I really liked the graphics of the game. Girls are hot, especially landlady is astonishing. Mechanics aren't hard, it's easy to play it. There are only a few games with such strong mind control, so this one is definitely standing out crowd.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

justArandomUser

v0.01 Bugs first, I could not open preferences without getting an error, but thats not important. I just used Un'Ren to scrol back and Alt+Enter for full screen
    This has lots of potential and a nice concept. The characters are writen in a not super stereotypical manner for a first release, like the mother having a smoking addiction, its a small thing but a god thing. The characters look good as well, big titty milfy and perky teen so thats good variety. The sound effects add to the atmosphere, but consider getting some free background music. And pleeeaaaase DO NOT add grinding to the game.
    I think the UI is bland but functional, dont make it more complex. The English is mostly okay but there are typos. Pls kill the rooster after day 2 that would be great. Some explanation on the serum the MC drinks on day 1 would be appreciated. Also maybe come up with a better explanation than being MK ULTRA'd although it did make me laugh (the sound was great).
    For the future I hope to see something in the domination, rough stuff, bdsm and slave genre. I will certainly play and look forward to future releases.