VN Ren'Py Tears in Rain [Prologue Reworked] [Ethereal Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Oct 8, 2019
Haven't played yet but isn't the quote "tears in THE rain"? Title just feels off even if not related to bladerunner in any way.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
"
Haven't played yet but isn't the quote "tears in THE rain"? Title just feels off even if not related to bladerunner in any way.
" I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die. "

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
10 months for + 40 new renders. Man, that's a World Class Achievement.

Tears in rain, huh ? Sounds more like Squeeze in rain for me.
I don't know whether your comment was a joke or an insult, at least before commenting, first know the condition of the party you are commenting on. :cautious::mad:

The dev took a long break after his mother passed away, then he decided to rework the prologue as mentioned .
"Squeeze in rain" ??
He only has "4 Paid members", who I'm sure are just people close to him.:cautious:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I'm the type who starts playing games that have had at least a few updates, I'm going to skip this game for now.:)

Last edited:

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Long story short, it's hard to make games. Who would have thought? So a little more sympathy is needed in this world.
No one has said or implied it is easy, no shit. However it would be ignorant to deny that this looks like a red flag with the history of games that have done the same thing. Revamping the game and upgrading it is all fine and well, but given the length of time and only the prologue was touched is disappointing and will rub people the wrong way. We all get and understand how real life works, we know things can be tough, but you devs signed up for that (outside of any family issues or tragedies), and we the players have the right and justification to voice our grievances when the game is done poorly, or there's issues with the game, or anything else revolving the game

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I hope you've somewhat recovered from you loss, developer. May this story provide you with apt distraction from reality.

Reactions: hermit_tr
Oct 10, 2022
I am not sure dev follows this thread but if so then you people killed the game with all these negativity. You think this game does not worthy of support, then don't. You think this game will be abandoned and not worthy of your time, then don't play. There is an update, yet almost no one talks about it, only how short it is or how long it took.
I am not saying this game will see the end or gonna be a masterpiece, maybe it will, maybe it won't but I think it's unfair to be this hurtful. Sometimes, you people need to ignore and move on.

Last edited:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
OK, other than removing option to kill Amber, what else is new?

Not joking, I genuinely didn't notice changes, perhaps a conversation and scene at the end?

Unfortunately, my original comment stands. Prologue throws 20 names out, has MC make decisions if he will or won't (maybe) do something regarding those 20 names, without telling the player what MCs relationship to any of them is.
His brother is unchanged, an irresponsible idiot that takes no responsibility for almost ruining whole company.

MC is...no clue...
Better that in previous version though, where he was suffering from dual personality.

Girls...0 to speak of.
Other characters? Nothing to base opinion of them on.

Unfortunately, same as initial release, this one fails to draw me in at any level.

If dev makes one more chapter, I'll give it a look, but don't feel like it's a VN I'll stick around for (if it lives to see more than 1 chapter).

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
Played the VN for the first time. It is only a prologue, so wasn't expecting a great deal of length/time. I thought the renders were good and enjoyed the set up of the story, which has piqued my interest. I wish the developer well moving forward.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr. Psychedelic

Brosewood

Mayor of Sutton
Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
OK, other than removing option to kill Amber, what else is new?

Not joking, I genuinely didn't notice changes, perhaps a conversation and scene at the end?

Unfortunately, my original comment stands. Prologue throws 20 names out, has MC make decisions if he will or won't (maybe) do something regarding those 20 names, without telling the player what MCs relationship to any of them is.
His brother is unchanged, an irresponsible idiot that takes no responsibility for almost ruining whole company.

MC is...no clue...
Better that in previous version though, where he was suffering from dual personality.

Girls...0 to speak of.
Other characters? Nothing to base opinion of them on.

Unfortunately, same as initial release, this one fails to draw me in at any level.

If dev makes one more chapter, I'll give it a look, but don't feel like it's a VN I'll stick around for (if it lives to see more than 1 chapter).
Some of the cruder parody names have been removed (Twatter/Fuckbook) and replaced with actual names, which IMO is a good change. Not sure if there's anything else but it's been a LONG time since I played the previous build.

Not big on the decision to change Amber's fate though. I felt killing her was much darker and more impactful, but I can understand if it is to ensure later story threads line up (it is the devs first game afterall).

Hope dev ignores some of the comments above too. Evidently, a lot of people are too lazy to read past replies in the thread that give context to why things have taken so long. Even if I do have my nitpicks, I still think this VN shows a lot of potential.

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have? how many chapters will the game have?
Dr. Psychedelic

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes