VN Ren'Py Tears in Rain [Prologue Reworked] [Ethereal Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

soemantri9

Nov 7, 2022
A red flag for me, he just don't have a proper story writing skills, just did rework on same prologue to milk money, and keep his subscriber satisfied
yeah i agree, i really don't like this. at least he should have progress not just some rework bs

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Its been months and the only thing done is a revamped prologue, seriously? lol yeah good luck with that dev

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
This VN has been out for nearly a year and the ONLY update it's had is a reworked prologue.. yea this is definitely never going to be finished.
A red flag for me, he just don't have a proper story writing skills, just did rework on same prologue to milk money, and keep his subscriber satisfied
yeah i agree, i really don't like this. at least he should have progress not just some rework bs
Its been months and the only thing done is a revamped prologue, seriously? lol yeah good luck with that dev
Can we stop this negativity? Just cause someone makes an update, it doesn't mean it's time to send them hate for the time they spent away. Personally speaking, after I became a Dev you have no idea how much things in your life affect, well, your life. All of a sudden all the free time you THOUGHT you had is no longer as free.

Remember that weekend progress you hoped to make? Too bad, you or your family member got sick, so now you'll toil in bed trying to get better. Remember that you had to meet up with X person and Y person? Yeah that's this month.

I'm not excusing no updates, but I understand it 100%. By the way, reworking a script is BIG pain in the ass. One of the biggest factor is the motivation factor. You look at a script you THOUGHT was perfect. It was your baby and evrerything is as perfect as you can make it. Then you put it out and everyone gives you crap for it and all of a sudden the hard work you put into it is spoiled and the confidence you had is pulled down, if not, lost.

When I write I get into a cycle of "Great idea!" then I'm on a roll, to "How the fuck am I gonna connect that idea to the other ones..." into "I got it I think" to finally "Okay this is good, phew, let me just take a break" then the break becomes longer and longer and you feel anxiety anytime you think of the project... Then you come back refreshed and then the cycle continues again. Then you find any excuse to push it off sometimes.

Long story short, it's hard to make games. Who would have thought? So a little more sympathy is needed in this world.

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
I'm not excusing no updates, but I understand it 100%. By the way, reworking a script is BIG pain in the ass. One of the biggest factor is the motivation factor. You look at a script you THOUGHT was perfect. It was your baby and evrerything is as perfect as you can make it. Then you put it out and everyone gives you crap for it and all of a sudden the hard work you put into it is spoiled and the confidence you had is pulled down, if not, lost.
If this is true, kind of embarrassing considering the quality of 99% of h-games.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
If this is true, kind of embarrassing considering the quality of 99% of h-games.
Quality in which direction? Bad or good quality ones? 99%? Creative endevours are tough because they are open ended. So motivation is a huge factor to your work. If you aren't motivated or stuff happens to take that from you, you push it off in priority even without the other factors. Trust me, having a clock on you with low motivation kills you and heightens any predisposed worry or anxiety you already have.

bigdaddymaks

Jan 17, 2023
COOL! In 10 months they did a rework of the prologue, just "the best", now it's clear how the game will be developed. Wait for the next version in a year, maybe there will be a prologue rework remake.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes