VN Ren'Py Tears in Rain [Prologue Reworked] [Ethereal Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
the site is free and that's what democracy exists for i.e. i have the right to be stupid too
I do the same shit. So, I'm expressing my rights by calling you out on it. Other than vanilla tags, what was wrong with the game? I mean you said it was a waste of time, so, just wanting to know before I actually jump into it. I already put in about 10 minutes making sure it works for us Linux users.

Reactions: Anarchy2000

Anarchy2000

Feb 12, 2023
I do the same shit. So, I'm expressing my rights by calling you out on it. Other than vanilla tags, what was wrong with the game? I mean you said it was a waste of time, so, just wanting to know before I actually jump into it. I already put in about 10 minutes making sure it works for us Linux users.
In addition to the weak tags, I found the dialogs to be very bad, although this may be due to the translation I made. I assume it was my mistake to have tried to play something that didn't have the tags I liked.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
In addition to the weak tags, I found the dialogs to be very bad, although this may be due to the translation I made. I assume it was my mistake to have tried to play something that didn't have the tags I liked.
Alright. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try anyway since I made it to be Linux compatible. If I don't like it, the dev will have to make it compatible and if not, it's not on me.

Reactions: Anarchy2000

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
How are they "weak" exactly? Just because something isn't full of edgelord content doesn't mean it's "weak". Should he add a couple of tentacles? A giantess, beast content? A typical voyeur? What?

Reactions: jufot

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Armani, of course :ROFLMAO:
I still gonna give it a try cause the visuals look great and I love mafia stories, but it's always funny to me how usually I see people who write italian characters using already known italian lastnames (Corleone, Bugatti, Scaletta or designers names), it's like it's too hard to find another italian lastname that isn't famous or hasn't been used before.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Psychedelic

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Good start so far, but the dialog after you have the choice on how to handle Amber seems to assume a particular choice. It doesn't make sense. Hopefully this can be fixed soon and other writing issues avoided in the future. Choices should affect the dialog if you are trying to give us choices, otherwise it is a Kinetic Novel. That is fine if it is how you want to tell the story, but the choices get annoying in that case.

Seems that the writing is pretty good otherwise, just need to pay attention to where the branches should be.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Screenshot_94.png
Has anyone made an Acting Lessons joke yet?

Anyway, the renders look great in this, but it's also missing the best tag IN CasE you STumble into this game.
:whistle:

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
:cool:Wow, looks strong and promising. I'm really liking this crime thriller and mafia business plot for the VN. Renders are good as well. Storytelling seems a bit confusing at present since several things are happening at the same time, and MC is going at his own pace.

:LOL:;)Slow revealing of MC's personality, inner turmoil and world obligations makes character development better as well as adds towards world building in my opinion. Hopefully it gets more fulfilling with upcoming updates (Make Updates Regular Please).

Always personally enjoy suspense crime thriller type game story. Prologue has got my attention. But, :ROFLMAO:hot mom is already ghost so no boom boom in the future. Speaking of boom boom there is no penetration yet.. Not even finger stuff.

:love:Thus, dev please balance your grim reaper crime thriller with some witty dialogues and lots of boom boom.. penetration scenes fast:BootyTime:. On a serious note.. This is good so don't abandon ship even if you don't feel like continuing. Finish what you have started. Best of luck(y).

Jul 25, 2022
How are they "weak" exactly? Just because something isn't full of edgelord content doesn't mean it's "weak". Should he add a couple of tentacles? A giantess, beast content? A typical voyeur? What?
maybe he's just referring to the lack of audacity of some developers not to use some more controversial tags because of patreon and keep repeating those same tags in almost every game

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
Mc is one piece fan?, :PogChamp: Lets go
I wonder if Oda finished the story by then :HideThePain:.

btw for a prologue i am really impressed, already hooked

Last edited:

Aphex81

Jun 18, 2022
Ok so here we have yet another game with the same generic faces we have seen in a million games before. I don't get it. In real life you have a lot of attractive women and they all look different. They have flaws and imperfections wich make them interesting and attractive and yet, every single game uses these generic flawless bimbo faces. Are there no other models available? When i look at that picture there are 5 women and they ALL LOOK THE SAME.

Last edited:

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
The renders are nice, but it's pretty damn static. Lots of reading with the same render remaining, and even recycled renders instead of new ones. Makes the dialogue exchanges between characters feel really flat and lifeless.

Best of luck, but I got bored.

Reactions: Pr1987
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes