VN Ren'Py Tennis Ace [v0.68] [WorstOfTheBunch]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Jacek13

May 10, 2019
doumo arigatou gozaimashita jacek-kun ^_^, sorry, thanks a heap
can i ask for the change log?
Here is what he posted. And most people (including me) can't import old saves, so you have to start a new game and skip.
I can't tell you guys how relieved I am to finally put this one out there. Of course, there's no way I'd ever blame Nyaruh for the delay. Her computer was borked and in the repair shop for over two weeks, which is something really out of her control. She continued working through that time on her laptop, but it's such an old machine that... well, saying progress was slow would be charitable. I really wish she wouldn't have had to go through that...
Still... yes, huge relief to finally post this.
With that said, here's the changelog for this update:

• Day 29 for Keisuke
  • New CG artwork

• Love
Reactions: OldBear and Anerion

Anerion

Jun 14, 2019
Here is what he posted. And most people (including me) can't import old saves, so you have to start a new game and skip.
I can't tell you guys how relieved I am to finally put this one out there. Of course, there's no way I'd ever blame Nyaruh for the delay. Her computer was borked and in the repair shop for over two weeks, which is something really out of her control. She continued working through that time on her laptop, but it's such an old machine that... well, saying progress was slow would be charitable. I really wish she wouldn't have had to go through that...
Still... yes, huge relief to finally post this.
With that said, here's the changelog for this update:

• Day 29 for Keisuke
  • New CG artwork
I could import my old saves, but I guess it's a fortuitous case.
Anyhow, I'd like to start a little survey, which is your favorite story so far? Jun, Keisuke or Shoichi? I vote for Shoichi

Reactions: Jacek13

Jacek13

May 10, 2019
I could import my old saves, but I guess it's a fortuitous case.
Anyhow, I'd like to start a little survey, which is your favorite story so far? Jun, Keisuke or Shoichi? I vote for Shoichi
I started with Shoichi, but now I like Keisuke's route the most, even though Sho's route seems longer, more fleshed out and more interesting.
I guess I don't like how Shoichi treated his mother, how he is isolating himself and MC from the friends, and that I see much better solutions for many of his problems (like father relationship), but game have such option. So I'm done for now with his route because it frustrates me.
And Keisuke's route goes much more how I like it.

Reactions: Anerion

OldBear

May 23, 2020
to be honest, i tried Shoichi's route, it frustrated me in some weird way that i cant pin what is it.. however, it is not complete.. i have just started Keisuke's route. i hope better results than Shoichi's..
update1: i wish on the confession day, i have the option to start the initiate and kiss Keisuke..

update2: oh sorry, i totally forgot my manner, my name is Steven (obvious), happy to be here with you.. PS. English is my third language... so i'm little bit sluggish at expressions...
so:
it is because most of authors in VN build someone (especially the MC)'s character in a certain way and during the route they tempt to forget. MC is dense but quick to act (per his tennis style, take him long time to analyse and process but he acts quickly especially if he clicked it or enjoys it).. so my opinion:
-- in Shoichi's route: in several location, MC should have taken the initiate after the fight with Shoichi's dad... per the selection.. if you select to stay low, you would always take initiate and comfort him. meanwhile, i think as Jacek said: Shoichi's route is more interesting, various, solid.. but there is just something is not right, i mean somehow im irritated in the middle like, if he cant confess to his dad about liking volleyball, would he confess about having a boyfriend? and sense i selected to push him all the time, and receiving the scholarship, i was like, i should take that and leave.. but thats me, i like Canada hahahah
-- in Keisuke's route: MC should always take the initiate

Last edited:
Reactions: Anerion and Jacek13

Anerion

Jun 14, 2019
to be honest, i tried Shoichi's route, it frustrated me in some weird way that i cant pin what is it.. however, it is not complete.. i have just started Keisuke's route. i hope better results than Shoichi's..
update1: i wish on the confession day, i have the option to start the initiate and kiss Keisuke..

update2: oh sorry, i totally forgot my manner, my name is Steven (obvious), happy to be here with you.. PS. English is my third language... so i'm little bit sluggish at expressions...
so:
it is because most of authors in VN build someone (especially the MC)'s character in a certain way and during the route they tempt to forget. MC is dense but quick to act (per his tennis style, take him long time to analyse and process but he acts quickly especially if he clicked it or enjoys it).. so my opinion:
-- in Shoichi's route: in several location, MC should have taken the initiate after the fight with Shoichi's dad... per the selection.. if you select to stay low, you would always take initiate and comfort him. meanwhile, i think as Jacek said: Shoichi's route is more interesting, various, solid.. but there is just something is not right, i mean somehow im irritated in the middle like, if he cant confess to his dad about liking volleyball, would he confess about having a boyfriend? and sense i selected to push him all the time, and receiving the scholarship, i was like, i should take that and leave.. but thats me, i like Canada hahahah
-- in Keisuke's route: MC should always take the initiate
Federico, nice to meet you all. Anerion is the name of one of my favourite fantasy character (from Warhammer universe), so I used this for my account. I'm italian, so english is neither my first language and pardon me if sometimes I make some huge mistakes in writing. I prefere Shoichi route over the others because I like the romantic involvement beetween the main character (wich I named Yoshimoto, from another of my favourite character, this time an historical one, Yoshimoto Imagawa), think about it, Shoichi loved the MC since childhood, that's so romantic! I also found the involvement of Shoichis's father very interesting: he is an authoritarian, disinterested and despotic father, however he is very authentic, and you understand a lot about Shoichi from his relationship with his father. I believe that true authenticity lies precisely in this troubled relationship and only the protagonist's help can resolve the situation, or at least that's what I'd like. As for the relationship between Shoichi and his mother I find it very intriguing, he feels guilty for having chosen his father, but he wants to remedy, and this is the fundamental aspect, the fact that despite adversity he can improve and remedy mistakes past, even if it is a mistake, can you really blame a little boy for choosing his father during a presumably difficult divorce who then feels guilty? I think not.
Keisuke's route is very interesting, but I find his family really bad, much worse than Shoichi's father, the father is a wimp, the grandmother a wicked despot, the attendants are cowardly pawns, the only one who is saved is Alexander. However at the narrative level all the stories are well done and engaging, and after all there is no better story than the other, it is a matter of personal preference

Reactions: OldBear

OldBear

May 23, 2020
Federico, nice to meet you all. Anerion is the name of one of my favourite fantasy character (from Warhammer universe), so I used this for my account. I'm italian, so english is neither my first language and pardon me if sometimes I make some huge mistakes in writing. I prefere Shoichi route over the others because I like the romantic involvement beetween the main character (wich I named Yoshimoto, from another of my favourite character, this time an historical one, Yoshimoto Imagawa), think about it, Shoichi loved the MC since childhood, that's so romantic! I also found the involvement of Shoichis's father very interesting: he is an authoritarian, disinterested and despotic father, however he is very authentic, and you understand a lot about Shoichi from his relationship with his father. I believe that true authenticity lies precisely in this troubled relationship and only the protagonist's help can resolve the situation, or at least that's what I'd like. As for the relationship between Shoichi and his mother I find it very intriguing, he feels guilty for having chosen his father, but he wants to remedy, and this is the fundamental aspect, the fact that despite adversity he can improve and remedy mistakes past, even if it is a mistake, can you really blame a little boy for choosing his father during a presumably difficult divorce who then feels guilty? I think not.
Keisuke's route is very interesting, but I find his family really bad, much worse than Shoichi's father, the father is a wimp, the grandmother a wicked despot, the attendants are cowardly pawns, the only one who is saved is Alexander. However at the narrative level all the stories are well done and engaging, and after all there is no better story than the other, it is a matter of personal preference
Hello Anerion/Federico
surely nice to meet you (hajimemashite douzu yoroshiko), well i'm learning Japanese.. ^_^ i'm at level 5 still, because of Kanjis. I'm from Russia, living in middle east (so Russian, Arabic and Englilsh). and actually the Russian faded away..
i just finished Keisuke's route.. it is ok but not as good as Shoichi. i might go back to Shoichi in the coming update..

to be honest, i played decent amount of VN (i can easily count 7), this is by far the best script/dialog made ever..the expectation progression is impressive and the relationship improves is actually great, i believe alot pf people do not like that, they just want to go through a banging scenes as with "Uncle Neighbor". good to have diversity, no?

-- Shoichi: he feels guilty because he caught his father cheating his mom many times, and didnt inform her until she found out by her self. that is why he decided to stick with his father "take the responsibility", because he felt guilty not informing her & he thinks she wont forgive him because he knew and because he went with his dad - and to be honest i wasnt criticizing or something, but still i feel there is something wrong in this route, like, irritates me.. and the fact that i cant figure it out is more irritating

-- Keisuke: i know people similar to his family, and the fact i'm going through his route made my heart aches. i believe the grandmother still have most of the assets and she is controlling her son the same way want to control Keisuke, or, he is also half-blood.. but the fact that Keisuke is missing the fact that, himself is their weak point puzzles me, like if they lose him, there is no one to Inherit their big mighty family name. i applause that (unlike Shoichi), he openly told MC what happened yet he skipped minor detail of him getting married.

i'm really interested to see the coming update.. and i actually might patron the game depends on the update schedule...

Reactions: Anerion

Anerion

Jun 14, 2019
Hello Anerion/Federico
surely nice to meet you (hajimemashite douzu yoroshiko), well i'm learning Japanese.. ^_^ i'm at level 5 still, because of Kanjis. I'm from Russia, living in middle east (so Russian, Arabic and Englilsh). and actually the Russian faded away..
i just finished Keisuke's route.. it is ok but not as good as Shoichi. i might go back to Shoichi in the coming update..

to be honest, i played decent amount of VN (i can easily count 7), this is by far the best script/dialog made ever..the expectation progression is impressive and the relationship improves is actually great, i believe alot pf people do not like that, they just want to go through a banging scenes as with "Uncle Neighbor". good to have diversity, no?
I speak Italian, of course, English and French because I studied them since I was at primary school, well, actually not French, since education in Italy is quite a mess, but that's not important... I also studied Spanish and German, but I'm not good since I've only studied them at University and I'm learning Persian on my own.
I totally agree with you, this game is one of the most interesting and it's one with the best dialogs. I like VN, my favourite so fare are: Seiyuu Danshi, Camb Buddy (that's the reason why I made an account here), Tennis Ace and my favourite so far Our Life Beginnings and Always, that is not here, sadly.

OldBear

May 23, 2020
I speak Italian, of course, English and French because I studied them since I was at primary school, well, actually not French, since education in Italy is quite a mess, but that's not important... I also studied Spanish and German, but I'm not good since I've only studied them at University and I'm learning Persian on my own.
I totally agree with you, this game is one of the most interesting and it's one with the best dialogs. I like VN, my favourite so fare are: Seiyuu Danshi, Camb Buddy (that's the reason why I made an account here), Tennis Ace and my favourite so far Our Life Beginnings and Always, that is not here, sadly.
i just love languages, it is almost like another enlightenment door opened up and you get more .. or let me say, various different of views to life. well, i was thinking of the next language tha ti need to practice, part of me says French and another part says Spanish. so i'm bit puzzled..
well, i have never tried the games you mentioned, once i finish this Tennis Ace game, i will make sure to search for them, thanks Federico

OldBear

May 23, 2020
Can i ask something?

what cycle the author releases the updated game?
end of the month, once a month twice a month..

Anerion

Jun 14, 2019
Once a month, the patreon version in the first week or some day later, the public version in the following weeks

Anerion

Jun 14, 2019
Because most of furry artist like to make gay paintings or gay stories I suppose. And I'm happy of their choice, it's more fun for me and for everyone else who likes these games

WoodenWanderer

Jul 24, 2019
Absolutely lovely, started to satisfy the horny but i got my heartsrings played like a fiddle. I just finished all the available content from Shoichi's route, it hits way too close to home in multiple ways and after seeing the images Steev uploaded i don't think my heart could handle any of that :HideThePain: can't wait for the next update!

Reactions: OldBear and Anerion

OldBear

May 23, 2020
Absolutely lovely, started to satisfy the horny but i got my heartsrings played like a fiddle. I just finished all the available content from Shoichi's route, it hits way too close to home in multiple ways and after seeing the images Steev uploaded i don't think my heart could handle any of that :HideThePain: can't wait for the next update!
i'm sorry for the spoiler.. but actually thats Jun's rout. which kind, at that scene. almost made my heart bounce off my chest .. those guys are great in articulating the story... did all the routes, still Shoichi's route is the one that made my heart flutter so fast... guess i said it once... he is so close to the person whom i knew, wished i handled him better, but couldnt.. i wish i have a sceond chance with him.. the way they reflect the stories and dialog is so surreal .. sometimes i didnt care too much about the adult dlc as much as the dialog itself
cant wait to see what the next update would carry.

WoodenWanderer

Jul 24, 2019
i'm sorry for the spoiler.. but actually thats Jun's rout. which kind, at that scene. almost made my heart bounce off my chest .. those guys are great in articulating the story... did all the routes, still Shoichi's route is the one that made my heart flutter so fast... guess i said it once... he is so close to the person whom i knew, wished i handled him better, but couldnt.. i wish i have a sceond chance with him.. the way they reflect the stories and dialog is so surreal .. sometimes i didnt care too much about the adult dlc as much as the dialog itself
cant wait to see what the next update would carry.
Don't worry about it, i had already heard that something like that would happen just hadn't seen a screen of it, besides it's kind of obvious it would happen since Shoichi has been in love with Yuuichi since childhood.
Dude tell me about it... i know it's all fictional but goddamn do the authors know how to play with your emotions and, like you said, at times making those moments surreal. I could leave or take the adult cgs too but it's a natural progression of the relationship and it definitely fits imo.
Sorry to hear your chance with the person you knew didn't go well, keep strong friend time heals all wounds.

Reactions: Anerion and OldBear
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes