wolfund

Aug 22, 2017
As it is before even going further you NEED to look back at the writing. It's simply dreadfull to read as it stand.

Alberio

Apr 26, 2022
Yeah, hard to go about a text-base game when there is not much from the dev first. I have two text-based games that are really good and nicely written. One of them made its way to steam so I bought it. Granted I only bought that one as a work around, because the main site where I played the public version for free, would get blocked by the security fire wall settings on some the internet networks I was accessing.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
The only thing I can comprehend from this bare-bones description is "female protagonist" tag exclusively.
The one thing I can understand is a turnoff. Great work, dev.

Darvlinig

Developer of Tentacle Hive
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2020
Dude Nice Game! Needs some Pictures tho. If you want i'll draw some for you for Free
Thank you i will find and add some pictures into that game. By the way i currently generating images for locations. Pictures below are example of those that will render on locations. Also i trying to make work nai diffusion and see if i actually can generate some anime 2dcg, if not i search the internet then :/

forest_2_1536x512.png forst_512x1024.png cave_entrance_512x512.png

"Fuck it, no engine. Just pure text." - the dev, probably.

But dude it doesn't work that way unless you're playing with literally notepads, there's HTML and other settings to choose from
Thank you for criticism. I learned that engine in just 2 days and actually just tried to make prototype of what will be developed. Images WILL be in the game i assure you, only 2dcg of anime girls and AI generated landscapes like i answered user above.

Definitely get a proofreader. Good writing is important in any game, but in a text-based one it's essential.
Thank you. English is not my primary language but i'll try all my best to make it.

GenericLewd

Sep 8, 2021
I learned that engine in just 2 days and actually just tried to make prototype of what will be developed
I wish you luck stranger. Developing a game is hard work. Producing a full game will be a big milestone and even if it ends up abandoned experience is gained while learning.

If you are going to fully commit to this project you should:
- Get yourself the "Game Developer" Tag
- Ask someone for help with the Thread

Well-wishes, Lots of Luck.

What do they say around here again? Godspeed Darvlinig.

Darvlinig

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2020
I just want to get criticism. I currently do not plan making money from it, Why i should on version 0.0.2??? :D
Imagine beg for money on prototype versions -_-

I wish you luck stranger. Developing a game is hard work. Producing a full game will be a big milestone and even if it ends up abandoned experience is gained while learning.

If you are going to fully commit to this project you should:
- Get yourself the "Game Developer" Tag
- Ask someone for help with the Thread

Well-wishes, Lots of Luck.

What do they say around here again? Godspeed Darvlinig.
Thank you!

Thackerweil

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello. I think this game needs a lot of criticism, but not from me, as I myself don't know English properly. There are also some people who cry about “AI images is evil”, but as for me, If this art wasn’t drawn with the blood of a newborn child, there’s nothing wrong with it. Why bother how it was created? Those images look very good, especially for an HTML game.

But how about characters? Are you capable of creating the exact same character from different angles with AI? Especially considering the fact that you give player opportunity to choose body type, hairstyle and so on.

I would recommend that you first determine what you are capable of doing in the technical aspects of the game, and then adjust the story plot to accommodate those possibilities.

Wish you all the best!

Last edited:

Darvlinig

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2020
Hello. I think this game needs a lot of criticism, but not from me, as I myself don't know English properly. There are also some people who cry about “AI images is evil”, but as for me, If this art wasn’t drawn with the blood of a newborn child, there’s nothing wrong with it. Why bother how it was created? Those images look very good, especially for an HTML game.

But how about characters? Are you capable of creating the exact same character from different angles with AI? Especially considering the fact that you give player opportunity to choose body type, hairstyle and so on.

I would recommend that you first determine what you are capable of doing in the technical aspects of the game, and then adjust the story plot to accommodate those possibilities.

Wish you all the best!
Yes indeed it's one of major problem, have character customization in game design and also finding/creating/generating assets for that. Thank you for advice but i already working on solution for this problem.

One week ago i saw some arts on rule34 that were generated by nai diffusion, especially with tentacles. After that i saw opportunity in that model. The only rules for generated images are 'quality' and 'fapability'

And i give zero attention to those people with 'Ai images are evil' mindset. Unlike chat-gpt, stable diffusion and leaked nai diffusion are free to use. It's their problem that those artists don't see potential with this tech as source to insipiration.

Swallows999

Grind Less, Fap More
Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I definitely think it's a bad idea to upload a game when almost nothing exists yet, even just a few more days working on actual content probably would assuage a lot of early comments. Also, try to find an English writer or proofreader, as someone said earlier, it's basically a requirement for a game based in text.

As for content suggestions, I would love to see more "unaware mind-control" where the girl doesn't know she's being ravaged by tentacles. There was a really popular doujin for it and I think it's a relatively untapped market:

NotYourBiznes

Apr 2, 2019
Very vague and short description, no preview pics, dev notes aren't useful at all. Dude, put some effort into presenting your own game.

Apr 9, 2018
And i give zero attention to those people with 'Ai images are evil' mindset. Unlike chat-gpt, stable diffusion and leaked nai diffusion are free to use. It's their problem that those artists don't see potential with this tech as source to insipiration.
Its not that people don't see the 'potential' of these AI programs, but the "You drew a picture in six hours, I recreated it in 6 minutes. Why aren't you proud of me!" mindset is anathema to them.

Its more the fact a that a person with years of experience and even higher study earned over a lifetime, who fostered and refined that skill since childhood to be their chosen lives profession can have their work be simply scanned into a database and reproduced with as much ease as a casual google search. That concept is obviously and understandably very insulting to any professional artist.

Personally, I just find it lazy

Shuldih

Jan 11, 2018
It's been nice, if you create an option to add custom img system like in Strive for power and Strife of Conquest.
People create they own custom body's and portraits.
IMAO it's bursts game popularity.

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
Its not that people don't see the 'potential' of these AI programs, but the "You drew a picture in six hours, I recreated it in 6 minutes. Why aren't you proud of me!" mindset is anathema to them.

Its more the fact a that a person with years of experience and even higher study earned over a lifetime, who fostered and refined that skill since childhood to be their chosen lives profession can have their work be simply scanned into a database and reproduced with as much ease as a casual google search. That concept is obviously and understandably very insulting to any professional artist.

Personally, I just find it lazy
I disagree, it'll mean more games instead of crappy devs making patreons and taking 8 years to get 5 renders in a game. You can't stop progress, embrace it or the industry will move on. One day drones will put me out of my career, and I can't wait.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote