4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

Master Nono

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Umm... I think I am a bit more on the side of "I don't know how to react" than "I don't care about it" after you posted that. Sorry if I don't respond to your post, I honestly don't know what to react to it as I thought you were mad that you found your game here.

I'll delete my pirated copy of your game from my hard drive and consider saving my money to support you as a way to redeem myself.
Although the game is made for guilty pleasure, please don't feel guilty :D

EnderzWEI

Jun 22, 2019
I don't get to share our crafts on too many platforms nowadays, allow me to start here.
View attachment 402634
I joined this site specifically because of this game. This is the only post I've ever made, and yours is the only patreon I've ever given money to, Nono. Keep it up.

(Also, apropos of nothing, can you lobby the artist to do a footjob/shoejob/foot fetish related scene? And also, maybe a simple gif of monster sperm impregnating her ovum? Thise two things would make this my legit all time favorite thing. Going back to lurk now keep doing god's work either way.)

hilo01

Jul 1, 2018
I joined this site specifically because of this game. This is the only post I've ever made, and yours is the only patreon I've ever given money to, Nono. Keep it up.

(Also, apropos of nothing, can you lobby the artist to do a footjob/shoejob/foot fetish related scene? And also, maybe a simple gif of monster sperm impregnating her ovum? Thise two things would make this my legit all time favorite thing. Going back to lurk now keep doing god's work either way.)
agree, seeing only tentacledom is kinda boring

Master Nono

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019

I am a lurker myself^O^ So I appreciate the troubles you went through to make a post!

I am still thinking of a reward when a monster is maxed level at 20. Animation of sperm impregnation can be interesting, though I don't have much experience making these effects. The option is worth exploring for sure.

Reactions: dajj

Master Nono

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
agree, seeing only tentacledom is kinda boring
We have quite a variety of kinks, but I hear you. We will have some species coming up with different pace. Though the animation will probably need to showcase how the sperm get inside of Lilith. Cumming outside would kind of conflict with our pregnant mechanism.

Reactions: dajj and Tholio

Tholio

Nov 14, 2017
Cumming outside would kind of conflict with our pregnant mechanism.
Create some kind of tentacle bukkaking aberration (like the lovecraftian god Azathoth ^^ ) that would discharge, a lot, both inside and outside of Lilith :p
To stay with Lovecraft's tentacles, you could even name that monster after his work. One of Nyarlathotep's surnames would be cool and a nice reference: Crawling Chaos :giggle:

Feb 11, 2018

I agree a footjob-shoejob scene is a must , she has the perfect body-legs for this purpose. I have an idea for the creator , if he thinks that the footjob scene dosen't fit in the monsters dominating-mc theme of the game one monster could control mc's mind and make her do it. (A monster with a footjob fetish)

I also agree that only seeing tentacle dom is getting boring and it would be nice from one point in the story if the mc started craving sex so we would end up with some titjobs , blow-hand jobs etc. Also the idea of the mc becoming a dominatrix would be a nice option in the later stages of the game.

Reactions: sum342840890

cehate

Jul 1, 2018
I'm in love with this game from a very start and it's a shame that I just found it now. I'm not into tentacles in general but this game is a masterpiece. I just became your Patreon and I hope you continue doing great job.
I have a question: Is there a list of all the scenes? I've noticed that some of them don't have a story to them- that is- there's only an animation, which doesn't quite work for me, I like to have a descriptive story to read.

hilo01

Jul 1, 2018
I'm in love with this game from a very start and it's a shame that I just found it now. I'm not into tentacles in general but this game is a masterpiece. I just became your Patreon and I hope you continue doing great job.
I have a question: Is there a list of all the scenes? I've noticed that some of them don't have a story to them- that is- there's only an animation, which doesn't quite work for me, I like to have a descriptive story to read.
the game is still in development

Master Nono

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
how about partition the terrain of zones into hexagonal parts, like on a world map? And bind an event (finding the monster’s habitat, resources, etc.) to a hexagon, not a pixel?
I have long considered offering sections onto each territory, can't say I have found a fun gameplay worthy of the effort.

You are too kind. So far the species that have events are: Dubois, Dolphy, Wolfong, Cirrus, Myrimidon, Harska, Beringarius, Butanga, Gritario, Nodder, Inker, Oturo, Bopbo, Weta, Slime Eye, Maratus, Scorpse, Skitz, Scrapper, Hopping Claw and Moth. Perhaps we can set up a section on the Tentacles Thrive wiki.

Reactions: Xol

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
So I'm not doing a full, proper review here (mainly because it's an unfinished game, and most of the time I prefer to reserve actual reviews for finished or abandoned games), but I have some thoughts I figured I'd share, since Nono is apparently following this thread now.

First of all, the gameplay. It tends to be a bit tedius and monotonous at times. Don't get me wrong, it has definitely improved since its early days. The food mechanic in particular is a hell of a lot better than it was way back when you had to spend the majority of your turns hunting just to keep your pets around, heh. So thank goodness that's changed. That aside, it's frustrating how you can go on a click-hunt for days at a time just trying to find the one sweet spot where there's a tentacle on the map, even with an assistant. Playing "hot and cold" can get old fast, especially when it doesn't seem to be entirely accurate or consistent. Those of us that've been playing this for a long while have kind of figured out generally where most of the old monsters hide on each map, and even then it can still be annoying- I hate to imagine how many newbies gave up and lost interest because they're at even more of a disadvantage. I like MsKris's idea of changing the map into hexagons to streamline things a bit- building on that, you could have already-explored tiles marked somehow, with a special mark to denote spots where a tentacle has been found, etc. You already have something like that for (admittedly still mostly unused) resources, so why not the beasties, too?

As far as battle goes: it's an interesting concept with promise, but still needs a good bit of work. One thing that irritates me to no end is the fact that, at least to some degree, it comes down to chance. Specifically, there seems to be no direct way to arrange which monsters end up behind another when you have a two-monster stack. This has lead me to unwinnable situations where the enemies reached my line before a monster pair could enter the battle because they were both too high-level and took forever to spawn. Had I been able to pick the arrangement myself, I never would have put them in there like that. So please, I beg you, let the player decide which monsters get paired up.

And another thing: putting certain actions behind a delayed release (nursing, scouting, etc.) was annoying, but understandable- the order, however, is off, IMO. You should absolutely be able to scout territories before invading them. The scouting mechanic was one of the most vital tools in earlier versions of the game, and should absolutely be knocked down to a much sooner availability.

As far as finding new monsters that aren't on the map, but rather a product of breeding: that's irritating, too. The whole breeding thing is time consuming and grindy, and rarely seems to go the way I want or expect. Even following the various formulae others have come up with, I still end up getting the wrong creature. There really needs to be a way around this. (Also, in the last version I played, it seems the Queens Nest was disabled? Which only further hampered matters)

When it comes to aesthetics- well, obviously that's entirely subjective, so take this how you will. In general I find the art style to be decent and the animations are reasonably good. For me, many sex animations tends to be on one extreme or the other: either I HATE it and click away in disgust asap, or I find it absurdly hot and go for that one frequently. As for the little stories some of them have, I'm similarly mixed on those. Not gonna lie, there are probably marginally more that I ignore than not, but there are definitely some gems in there. I would suggest adding a button to skip the stories if you've already gone through them with a tentacle of that type before.

And finally, I must add one thing that I'm sure you're sick of hearing by now, but it bears repeating: GALLERY GALLERY GALLERY! :p

-edited to add:-
You are too kind. So far the species that have events are: Dubois, Dolphy, Wolfong, Cirrus, Myrimidon, Harska, Beringarius, Butanga, Gritario, Nodder, Inker, Oturo, Bopbo, Weta, Slime Eye, Maratus, Scorpse, Skitz, Scrapper, Hopping Claw and Moth. Perhaps we can set up a section on the Tentacles Thrive wiki.
Please do! I'm sure plenty of folks would really appreciate that.

Last edited:

Master Nono

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Aww thank you for the detailed feedback~

Some of the features (like hunting) are intended to be tedious. My goal is to have players play the game so one can get rid of the tedious chores by playing well. But back then we had no tools available to even let people to play it well. It was caused by my lack of consideration of versioning, rather than the gameplay model perhaps.

I hear you about customizing your own fleet. I admit I failed due to it being a bit difficult for me to code. I will try again in the future.

Good point about Scouting, I think I have pushed it up to 2nd skill already in the latest version.

Skip button for mating scene and Gallery(Secret Memory) are certainly on my list^^

As for the balance of breeding new species, some people enjoy some challenge, while some prefer easier access. I can't say I know for certain of what most people want, but I am listening for good suggestions.

Queen's Nest is designed as a Slime Eye's benefit, so you will have to get one to Lv14 from now on.

For those who have played the game since the inception know that I am not afraid to revamp things. Though at this moment I plan to focus on finishing all the core features first, while collecting all the feedback. That way I can make a poll at the end and make a final revamp so I know the ideas are what the majority would like.

Reactions: dajj

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
Aww thank you for the detailed feedback~
Heh, no prob, thanks for responding!

I hear you about customizing your own fleet. I admit I failed due to it being a bit difficult for me to code. I will try again in the future.
I can imagine, heh. I have to wonder what the code looks like, but I've never coded in flash before, so it'd probably be greek to me anyway. In any case I'm glad you plan on looking into it!

Good point about Scouting, I think I have pushed it up to 2nd skill already in the latest version.
That's a relief! Thanks!

Skip button for mating scene and Gallery(Secret Memory) are certainly on my list^^
Us annoying fans will certainly be here to remind you endlessly. :p Seriously though, that's good to know!

As for the balance of breeding new species, some people enjoy some challenge, while some prefer easier access. I can't say I know for certain of what most people want, but I am listening for good suggestions.
Except I don't really see it as "challenge" when, if anything, it seems be at least partly luck-based. I can't speak with 100% certainty, but I think it's probably a safe bet the overwhelming majority of players would rather not have to spend aaaaaages rolling the dice on bonding with different tentacles just trying to find the new ones that've been added to the game recently. (On TOP of catching all the wild ones they can, which in itself requires extensive time and buildup to do) I'm not saying it should be eliminated per se, but some way of streamlining things and making it less monotonous would be appreciated. (I do really wish you could just catch them all in the wild, personally, but hey, that's just me)

Queen's Nest is designed as a Slime Eye's benefit, so you will have to get one to Lv14 from now on.
Really, 14?? That seems a bit too high, IMO.

On a side note, making the Queen's Nest "smarter" would be nice- as in, have it weight more heavily towards combinations that are more likely to spawn a creature you don't already have in your army.

For those who have played the game since the inception know that I am not afraid to revamp things. Though at this moment I plan to focus on finishing all the core features first, while collecting all the feedback. That way I can make a poll at the end and make a final revamp so I know the ideas are what the majority would like.
That's fair. Not sure if I was there since the "inception", but I've been following this for quite a while in any case. Since before the food mechanic was totally different, in any case. Keep up the good work, and thanks!

Reactions: Master Nono

MsKris28

Aug 8, 2019
I have long considered offering sections onto each territory, can't say I have found a fun gameplay worthy of the effort.
"all ingenious is simple"
We all believe in your talent. The game itself is fascinating in history. There is no need to complicate it, for this there is a seizure of territories (after six captured regions it becomes difficult to take at least one more). And make finding resources and habitats as easy as possible.

Reactions: Master Nono and Xol
4.20 star(s) 15 Votes