• Level Design: 100%
  • Feature Implementation: 100%
  • Quest Implementation: 75%
  • Sex Scene Implementation: 10%
  • Testing: 55%
  • Stress & Anxiety: 80%

Duskyer

Jul 21, 2017
Stress and Anxiety? That's a bad sign. Hopefully this doesn't go down the Urban Demon route.

Darrel Caper

Jun 5, 2017
Update on 0.07
  • Rendering: 95%
  • Render Editing: 35%
  • Level Design: 100%
  • Feature Implementation: 100%
  • Quest Implementation: 75%
  • Sex Scene Implementation: 10%
  • Testing: 55%
  • Stress & Anxiety: 80%
Not sure if anyone is subbed to him, but someone should tell him to relax. No game is worth rushing or having a mental breakdown.

Jimjim3DX

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
Relax, it's just my sense of humor. I'm not having a mental breakdown (though I have had 2, physical medical issues that both turned out to be nothing in the end), my stress/anxiety reference is more in relation to my perfectionism & increasing doubt that the pathed gameplay segments I've been spending extra dev time on will actually be worth it in the short-run, when it's main purpose is add more substance to an aspect of the game that has been rather lacking in previous updates, where as I could have just pumped out a bunch more sex scenes instead to satisfy people in the shorterm. But I actually like the idea of there somewhat being an actual game for players to play if they do want to kill stuff and not just submit to everything :) But it will take a few versions longer and a lot of tweaking/balancing before I can capture that feeling I'm after.

asplly97

Retired
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Relax, it's just my sense of humor. I'm not having a mental breakdown (though I have had 2, physical medical issues that both turned out to be nothing in the end), my stress/anxiety reference is more in relation to my perfectionism & increasing doubt that the pathed gameplay segments I've been spending extra dev time on will actually be worth it in the short-run, when it's main purpose is add more substance to an aspect of the game that has been rather lacking in previous updates, where as I could have just pumped out a bunch more sex scenes instead to satisfy people in the shorterm. But I actually like the idea of there somewhat being an actual game for players to play if they do want to kill stuff and not just submit to everything :) But it will take a few versions longer and a lot of tweaking/balancing before I can capture that feeling I'm after.
So can we expect 0.07 by end of this month?

Darrel Caper

Jun 5, 2017
At any rate, glad you're not feeling as bad as we expected. I would always prefer a delay rather than a rushed update/game.

Reactions: kaorok

Jimjim3DX

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
So can we expect 0.07 by end of this month?
If I was capable of predicting these things I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place... I'm a few days out. But to be fair I thought I was a few days out 3+ weeks ago so I wouldn't blame any skeptics. Every time I give any sort of time reference I end up totally botching it.

At any rate, glad you're not feeling as bad as we expected. I would always prefer a delay rather than a rushed update/game.
Thanks. And that's always the case. The only time I decided to really rush things was a "v0.05 ALPHA" that I pushed just to make sure I had something out by the end of the promised month at the time. But it was so unpolished with so much cut out that I decided I wasn't going to do that anymore and only release something when I was happy with it. With v0.07, I honestly thought I was going to be done by the end of July at the time. All the "delays" are not really delays at all since I've been working through the whole month. They're just me being an idiot and constantly underestimating the amount of time everything is going to take in order to make things exactly as I want them to be. I go "ah this part should only take like 2-3 days, but I'll say 5-6 just to be sure I have plenty of time" and it ends up taking around 2 weeks instead. So yeah, I hate it, and I hate what it makes me look like to those who aren't following all my patreon/discord posts. But I don't blame those who want to doubt me either since I can see exactly where they're coming from, from their perspective.

Anyway, I'll catch up with this thread properly at some point when I actually have the time. I know there are some people probably waiting for replies from many pages back.

CrimsonDevil

Mar 4, 2019
If I was capable of predicting these things I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place... I'm a few days out. But to be fair I thought I was a few days out 3+ weeks ago so I wouldn't blame any skeptics. Every time I give any sort of time reference I end up totally botching it.

Thanks. And that's always the case. The only time I decided to really rush things was a "v0.05 ALPHA" that I pushed just to make sure I had something out by the end of the promised month at the time. But it was so unpolished with so much cut out that I decided I wasn't going to do that anymore and only release something when I was happy with it. With v0.07, I honestly thought I was going to be done by the end of July at the time. All the "delays" are not really delays at all since I've been working through the whole month. They're just me being an idiot and constantly underestimating the amount of time everything is going to take in order to make things exactly as I want them to be. I go "ah this part should only take like 2-3 days, but I'll say 5-6 just to be sure I have plenty of time" and it ends up taking around 2 weeks instead. So yeah, I hate it, and I hate what it makes me look like to those who aren't following all my patreon/discord posts. But I don't blame those who want to doubt me either since I can see exactly where they're coming from, from their perspective.

Anyway, I'll catch up with this thread properly at some point when I actually have the time. I know there are some people probably waiting for replies from many pages back.
Take your time man.

CrimsonDevil

Mar 4, 2019
What's the difference between choosing "disgusted" and "Impressed and Turned on"?
It changes the behavior of Tiffany. If you choose "Impressed and Turned on" by Zombies then in battle you get the option to surrender while being disgusted doesn't let you have that option. Also if you get turned on by Robert then there's a scene (I don't want to spoil it) which becomes unskippable where if you choose to feel disgusted, you get two options. Basically it gives you more or less options depending on what you choose. There might also be a few dialogue differences but I don't remember that.

4.40 star(s) 34 Votes