Others Completed TeslissEquation [v0.5 Final] [Goblinboy]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
At the very least my tool is sufficiently complete & flexible that using it to modify other TADS2 games is definitely doable, with the caveats that some knowledge of TADS2 binary code is required, and also that you'd have to learn the obnoxious fake-language I used for my input files. For example, here's the input file that I feed into my tool when adding cheats to School Dreams 2:
I'm sure with some fair examples, like the one you provided it wouldn't be as hard to get around those parts.

Also, can you post your version of the scads2? The one I got doesn't really decompiles the Tesliss Equation all too well. Provided I haven't tried to decompile others yet with it.

Jul 7, 2017
I'm sure with some fair examples, like the one you provided it wouldn't be as hard to get around those parts.

Also, can you post your version of the scads2? The one I got doesn't really decompiles the Tesliss Equation all too well. Provided I haven't tried to decompile others yet with it.
For now I've uploaded my versions of scads2 and scads3 to

Been six years or so since I've touched these, so let's hope they still work. If nothing else, the pre-compiled executables should still be fine on Windows.

Reactions: Pif paf and RaXorX

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
For now I've uploaded my versions of scads2 and scads3 to

Been six years or so since I've touched these, so let's hope they still work. If nothing else, the pre-compiled executables should still be fine on Windows.
Work just fine. Linux builds work normally too. The original version provided by Ruben didn't work apparently and throws in errors. I reckon you made some changes to rectify those issues. But thanks for that. These are way more tangible than what tads2.pl gives.

Jul 7, 2017
Work just fine. Linux builds work normally too. The original version provided by Ruben didn't work apparently and throws in errors. I reckon you made some changes to rectify those issues. But thanks for that. These are way more tangible than what tads2.pl gives.
Yeah, IIRC the changes I made (aside from fixing it to compile with current Haskell versions, which was especially tricky because I don't know any Haskell) were to add support for some more opcodes, and make it accept some of the special characters that were causing it to crash when encountered in strings. (Edit: Oh, and I also made it so it displays the ID numbers for most properties and objects even if it knows their names, to help me with my patches.)

Anyway, I've added my tool tads2manip (formerly called TADS2patcher) to the git repository along with source code. I included all of my TADS2 game patch files (but not the games themselves), including the latest version of my cheats patch for Tesliss Equation. I threw together a couple of text files explaining how to use the tool & write patches, though I don't know how good they are.

Also it can extract all the images from a TADS2 game, now. Technically the old version could also do this, but it was hidden from the end-user... because I guess it never occurred to me to add multiple panels to the GUI? Holy shit I used to be bad at this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
You can decompile TADS2 games using the tool scads2 (which was written in Haskell by Ben Rudiak-Gould, though I have an updated version of my own lying around somewhere). I'm not sure how to recompile the results, though.

If you're asking because of the cheats, then I'm the one who handled that using a custom tool I made in Java. Basically I took apart the entire game executable, translated the part of it containing code into some kind of shitty intermediate representation, modified/injected instructions & data as desired, and then translated everything back into binary to make a new TADS2 executable.

I made some cheats for some of Goblinboy's other games, too, though I'm not sure I ever got around to posting all of them anywhere. In fact, now that I'm looking at the relevant date-stamps, I don't think I even posted the latest version of my cheats for this game. Whoops. I should probably check what I've added to see if it might be worth uploading a newer version...

Edited to add:

Okay, so for this game I think the only cheats I never posted are:
-obey: Make other characters obey various commands.
-setPlayer: Change the player character to an NPC of your choice (must use 'obey' first, or else softlock)
For School Dreams 3 the cheats I never posted are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For Meteor, the cheats I never posted are:
-cankiss: Make the target kissable (might not work on all the girls)
-canfuck: Make the target fuckable (might not work on all the girls)
For Horizon I never posted any cheats, despite having implemented most of the usual ones as well as ones to manipulate your and Kesya's status.
For School Dreams 1 (The Camping Trip) I never posted any cheats, despite having implemented most of the usual ones plus some for things like spin-the-bottle, manipulating Becky's emotional state, etcetera.
For School Dreams 2 I never posted any cheats, despite implementing most of the usual ones.

I don't know if this stuff is actually worth putting together & uploading. Do folks actually still play these games, even?
I know this post of you is stone old, but what have I to do to cheat in the game like the way you have posted? :)

Jul 7, 2017
I know this post of you is stone old, but what have I to do to cheat in the game like the way you have posted? :)
As mentioned in the post immediately above yours, I uploaded all of my tads2 cheat patches to the repository linked in the posts above that.

Download or clone the repo, run the tads2manip jar, and apply the desired patch to the associated game. You'll need to install Java to run the jar file, if you don't already have it.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
As mentioned in the post immediately above yours, I uploaded all of my tads2 cheat patches to the repository linked in the posts above that.

Download or clone the repo, run the tads2manip jar, and apply the desired patch to the associated game. You'll need to install Java to run the jar file, if you don't already have it.
I was able to add the cheats and patches by myself, the only thing that was a obstacle for me in the beginning was the lack of information about Java - that was overread by me in the readme.

But that was not the point why I have asked. My problem is "how" I can use the cheats.
Take a random SD3 cheat as a example:

Code:
-momgone: Get Becky's mom out of the house so you can sex her
Tads tells me me every time that it don't know this word. Is there some kind of special prefix needed?

Jul 7, 2017
I was able to add the cheats and patches by myself, the only thing that was a obstacle for me in the beginning was the lack of information about Java - that was overread by me in the readme.

But that was not the point why I have asked. My problem is "how" I can use the cheats.
Take a random SD3 cheat as a example:

Code:
-momgone: Get Becky's mom out of the house so you can sex her
Tads tells me me every time that it don't know this word. Is there some kind of special prefix needed?
No, you just enter the command momgone while running the patched version of the game.

If you want to double-check what the command for a cheat is, then open up the patch file in a text editor (or read the patch file's code on github) and look for the addvoc lines. For example, these three lines:
minusmolly addvoc ;minusmolly; ;; ;2; ;@obj; ;0;
minusmolly addvoc ;mollyminus; ;; ;2; ;@obj; ;0;
minusmolly addvoc ;mollydown; ;; ;2; ;@obj; ;0;

mean that the minusmolly command -- i.e. the command to subtract one point from how much molly loves the player character -- can be triggered by entering either the command minusmolly, the command mollyminus, or the command mollydown.

If the command requires arguments, then your TADS2 player will say so. For example if you just enter the command canfuck without a target then IIRC the game will say something like "What do you want to make fuckable?".

Reactions: Mortarion

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
For old school, this is one of the most comprehensive sites I have ever found with walkthroughs and still active links to the games:
I remember that site having it in my favorites about 3 PC's and 10 years ago. Thanks.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote