Louzen

Apr 24, 2021
If you have a save file that has a relation with all the characters before the last update, could you post it?

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
wait, a game with pictures of real people? by the tags it seems to be great, but I'll pass

klckr

Feb 3, 2020
For the people complaining about the file size.
Everything is done in 1920x1080, it has a lot of videos, it is all done in webm/webp. Total video time is over 11 hours(!), it is not badly compressed, it is just a lot. If you consider a Blu-ray rip to be about 4 GB for 2 hours this is not a bad deal at all.
I think high quality videos/pictures is kind of the selling point of this game, and a lossy 720p compression would take a lot out of the game.

Blatanikov

Jun 19, 2017
Everything is done in 1920x1080, it has a lot of videos, it is all done in webm/webp. Total video time is over 11 hours(!), it is not badly compressed, it is just a lot. If you consider a Blu-ray rip to be about 4 GB for 2 hours this is not a bad deal at all.
I think high quality videos/pictures is kind of the selling point of this game, and a lossy 720p compression would take a lot out of the game.
Not to complain, some of us have difficulty downloading it.
Now that I read this you say I have more desire to try it, could someone upload it in torrent?

Mar 28, 2022
its 11 gig

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Dev, if this game is going to end when it's 1.0, you can continue like this. When it is 1.0, most likely the game will be 20 GB. But if it won't finish, the solution you found earlier won't work. I think you could consider lowering the quality a bit or change the video type.

klckr

Feb 3, 2020
its 11 gig
It's just an example, I'm not implying it should be smaller than a Bluray rip. Doesn't mean much ofc because there is also difference in compression.
If a Blu-ray movie is going 2 hours for 4GB. So 2GB per hour.
The vids are total about 11.25 hours for 11.2GB. So 1GB per hour.

Aidevilehelli

Nov 1, 2017
its 11 gig
I agree with you. The file size is quite big for this game platform. However the quality of the video is worth the big file size. I'm more worried on the final file size (eg. 30G) of the game once it's passed V1 and continue to add more video. Unless the developer figure out a way that don't compromise on video quality but still reduce the game size, this game would be a big hit.

klckr

Feb 3, 2020
Compression is not magic, I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, I just think premium quality video is the selling point of this game.
Both stretched to half a 4k screen. This saved 30% filesize. So I estimate this release would still be about 9GB. While real image quality drop is a lot more noticeable then it would be with daz3d images for example.

If just think it is unfair to trash talk a game just because it is big. If you cannot download/store it it just isn't for you, it doesn't mean the game sucks.

Studio Kami

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Dev, if this game is going to end when it's 1.0, you can continue like this. When it is 1.0, most likely the game will be 20 GB. But if it won't finish, the solution you found earlier won't work. I think you could consider lowering the quality a bit or change the video type.
The game will end in version 1.0, f95 has taken over compression, it is being worked on.

4.00 star(s) 29 Votes